+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharing the $$$$

FORT Newbie

Sharing the $$$$

It was so funny when Erin told Chad she was sharing the money with him after she picked him last night. I thought she meant she was giving him a million dollars!!! Then I saw the check she had written him for $500,000 and I was like "OHHH O.K.!!!! As money-hungry as she was, I didn't THINK she would give him the whole million!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    It was so funny when Erin told Chad she was sharing the money with him after she picked him last night. I thought she meant she was giving him a million dollars!!! Then I saw the check she had written him for $500,000 and I was like "OHHH O.K.!!!! As money-hungry as she was, I didn't THINK she would give him the whole million!!!!"

What's with that anyway?She's acting like She's doing Him a favor by giving Him that money. If I was Him,I would have told Her to keep it.I don't see that relationship lasting too long.Maybe six months at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon

I've thought about that, too. I guess she had to feel like she played the game for something (other than love...) Otherwise she would have the same prize as if she quit after Rob picked her.

Premium Member
    Everyone keeps repeating that she shared half of what she won on this show. She did not win an extra one million on the second show - they took away her one million from the first show and gave her a chance at two.

In other words, if he had chosen the money, she would have been left with nothing - not one million dollars, nothing.

But since he picked her, she got two million.

It wouldn't have bothered me if she didn't want to share the money, it wouldn't have bothered me if she said "I'll give you half a million just because I want to," but it really bothers me that she said she'd give him half of what she won on this show. That's deceptive. It's the deception, not the money, that bothers me. "I'm going to pretent that I'm very generous, and that I can't subtract 1 from 2 and get 1."

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    The nice thing is, Chad doesn't need the money (and I suspect he couldn't care less about her 'generous gift'). He probably makes the amount she was offering him in two good years (he runs a family business), hence it's no big deal for him to choose the girl, even if she's a manipulative liar, and come out of it looking good, noble and fair.

Good work Chad! You survived, and took the high road, and now have an entire country of single women looking to prove to you that they are much more worthy of your attention than certain TV stars
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    The nice thing is, Chad doesn't need the money (and I suspect he couldn't care less about her 'generous gift'). He probably makes the amount she was offering him in two good years (he runs a family business), hence it's no big deal for him to choose the girl, even if she's a manipulative liar, and come out of it looking good, noble and fair.

Good work Chad! You survived, and took the high road, and now have an entire country of single women looking to prove to you that they are much more worthy of your attention than certain TV stars
    He may not NEED the money, but I'm sure he WANTED it!!! I think that we live in an extremely greedy society, and no matter how much money one has, one always feels that they could have MORE!! I am almost positive that he ALMOST wished that he had chosen the money after Erin came clean to him & told him about how SHE had chosen the money in the first FLOM. I don't believe that these two had that strong of a bond in the first place, and I was quite surprised when he chose her over the bucks. I saw them on the Today show this morning and they didn't even seem lovey-dovey at all. I don't see them lasting very long at all.

The better solution would have been for Him to turn down the money and Her.Now that would have been the best moment in reality tv ever.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer62
    The better solution would have been for Him to turn down the money and Her.Now that would have been the best moment in reality tv ever.
    can chad have a do-over? this scenario would be so great.

FORT Newbie
    If you really listened Erin first said I'll split the $$ with you (which I thought would be half of 2 mil), but then she said she'd split the million she won on the show(which I then thought Chad would get 500k) Alittle confusing, but I thought that was smart of her to do..I like the girl and I think they make a great couple.

I read the fine print after the show ran that showed she would get a portion of the money lump sum and then the rest in annuity payments. When I saw the check for $500,000, I assumed that was half the "lump sum" and then he would get annuity payments for the other half (that she gave him).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast