+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sharing the $$$$

FORT Regular
    Erin's a filthy ho, ha ha. Obviously Chip or whoever the hell won remembered what happened at the end of Joe Millionnaire, no self respecting reality bachelor show is going to screw over people choosing "true love" over money, that's too obvious. What's funny is they don't seem to love each other or have any plans for marriage, bet Erin regrets giving that guy half a million, especially since keeping 3/4 just made her look like even more of a moneygrubbing ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    I got the distinct impression that Chad's only concern with choosing Erin is that she would make a complete ass of him by dumping him to grab $1 million for herself. All that money talk appeared to be solicited by the interviewers and he only looked really upset when discussing the possibility of a final twist that would leave him hurt and humiliated.
    Yes I think so too .. at least I hope so ...
    If you read Chad's interview on the FLOM2 site, it makes sense .. here's part of it:

In that moment after Erin's chosen you and you've chosen her, she says, "I have to tell you something." Were you freaking out?
    I don't remember what I did. I think I just pulled away. I told the producer I was going to throw all his camera equipment in the pool…Erin told them to calm me down. What a character, huh?
    I'm not really sure what to think about sharing the $$ .. I can see both sides. Oh well, I do hope there's a happy ending out of this

FORT Newbie
    Forgive me for asking, from the sense that I get from your message here did Chad get picked over Wade last nite? And did he not take his million? He picked Erin over the MOney? I missed the end of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    It was so funny when Erin told Chad she was sharing the money with him after she picked him last night. I thought she meant she was giving him a million dollars!!! Then I saw the check she had written him for $500,000 and I was like "OHHH O.K.!!!! As money-hungry as she was, I didn't THINK she would give him the whole million!!!!"
    [FONT=Arial]

Quote Originally Posted by martinn
    ...when I saw what she did, I just about dropped my jaw to the floor. We know if he had not picked her he'd have gotten the $1M dollars, so if she's truly into _sharing_ (which she is _not_), then she would give him half her proceeds, not 1/4.

...this relationship has SHAM written all over it and I give it a maximum of 1 year before they all go on their merry ways.

...She is colder than Alaska.

Martin
    I agree with the above.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    The million you began with was yours until you lost it trying for a double or nothing.

If he picked the money, she got zip - not her original one million dollars, but zip. If he picked her, she got 2 million. Hence, what she won on show number two was two million dollars, half of which is a million.
    Sorry, but that's simply not true. The original $1m was not lost when the game began, but only if the game ended unfavourably.

Think back to your original example of blackjack. You wager $1m, and you "push" with the dealer (ie a tie). You receive back your $1m. Thus the amount you have won is $0. (certainly not $1m)

Or if you lose your hand with the dealer, then you have lost $1m (certainly not broken even)

Or think about investing money in the stock market. The amount you receive over and above your original investment is your "winnings".

to-tix
    ps. I should point out that I'm an Actuary (ie works for an insurance company and prices "risks")

Good points all, but I still maintain that the right thing for Erin to do was give Chad $1 million simply because he made that exact sacrifice to be with her. "Splitting the money" is not really the issue and if Erin wants a future with Chad then she shouldn't have looked at the $1 million in FLOM2 as money they were competing for. Using that line of reasoning, then Erin beat Chad out of $1 million and is just giving him $500K as a consolation prize. Let's not forget that if Chad hadn't made the decision he did, Erin would have been left with nothing and Chad would be another $500K richer.

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    Sorry, but that's simply not true. The original $1m was not lost when the game began, but only if the game ended unfavourably.

Think back to your original example of blackjack. You wager $1m, and you "push" with the dealer (ie a tie). You receive back your $1m. Thus the amount you have won is $0. (certainly not $1m)

Or if you lose your hand with the dealer, then you have lost $1m (certainly not broken even)

Or think about investing money in the stock market. The amount you receive over and above your original investment is your "winnings".

to-tix
    ps. I should point out that I'm an Actuary (ie works for an insurance company and prices "risks")

In the Chad thread, someone reported that on Access Hollywood Erin said that she and Chad have discussed the whole money thing and she's decided to give him half ($1M).

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    In the Chad thread, someone reported that on Access Hollywood Erin said that she and Chad have discussed the whole money thing and she's decided to give him half ($1M).

can anybody else confirm this? i've read it to by a poster in other threads and wondered if the poster had possibly heard wrong (as in maybe erin's just saying "i gave him half" meaning half of the winnings as she's defined it).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345