+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sharing the $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    The nice thing is, Chad doesn't need the money (and I suspect he couldn't care less about her 'generous gift'). He probably makes the amount she was offering him in two good years (he runs a family business), hence it's no big deal for him to choose the girl, even if she's a manipulative liar, and come out of it looking good, noble and fair.

Good work Chad! You survived, and took the high road, and now have an entire country of single women looking to prove to you that they are much more worthy of your attention than certain TV stars
    If Chad didn't need the money, why was he toying with the idea of taking it. I guess I just don't understand this. Also $500,000 is nothing to complain about.

FORT Newbie

Early Payout minus Tax

$500,000 is probably exactly half of Erin's net from the show. Erin chose to accept the Present Value of a 2-million 40-year annuity (with the current interest rates) which yeilds approx 1.6 million. Then Erin must pay the IRS %40 (winnings tax).

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    If Chad didn't need the money, why was he toying with the idea of taking it. I guess I just don't understand this. Also $500,000 is nothing to complain about.

FORT Newbie
    OK- I for one am truly happy with how it turned out and I think the Today interview showed them as a couple in the still beginning stages of a relationship- maybe they haven't said those "3 little words" to each other yet, and I don't think they should be made to do so on National TV unless they want to. They looked totally happy and they looked like they were having fun.

I for one was glad that she went with her heart and chose Chad and I was also very happy that he went with his heart and chose Erin- I thinkit was a tough decision for them both and I hope they last!

PS- Go Bachelor Bob!!!

FORT Newbie

A sham relationship

Hi Cinnamon - when I saw what she did, I just about dropped my jaw to the floor. We know if he had not picked her he'd have gotten the $1M dollars, so if she's truly into _sharing_ (which she is _not_), then she would give him half her proceeds, not 1/4.

If anyone would like to place a bet on this forum for $100 dollars, and we can use this message as proof that I've solicited this bet - this relationship has SHAM written all over it and I give it a maximum of 1 year before they all go on their merry ways.

No offense to women, but Chad seemed far more sincere to me than her. For a million dollars, he could have secured his future, and pursued other, less frigid and deprived of emotion women than Erin. The whole time, I never felt a single blurt of joy or true happiness from that cold woman. She is colder than Alaska.

I respect Chad far more, 'cause in the end he said 'let's give it a chance' at least.

Erin is a woman with larceny in her heart. I know the type, I've seen it and experienced it. Good luck Chad. I hope I'm wrong about all I say here.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon
    It was so funny when Erin told Chad she was sharing the money with him after she picked him last night. I thought she meant she was giving him a million dollars!!! Then I saw the check she had written him for $500,000 and I was like "OHHH O.K.!!!! As money-hungry as she was, I didn't THINK she would give him the whole million!!!!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    No, she specifically said "I'll give you half of what we were playing for IN THIS SHOW" She probably feels like she earned the first Mill for having to put up with Robb for so long. Chad has his chance at all the money, so he gets a chance with the girl and 1/2 the money, why would he not want that?
    piglet, if she had a heart and a soul, she'd give the man 1/2 of what SHE won. Not HALF of what HE could have won. That is just so _bogus_, it's unbelievable. I wish he can have a chance to turn down the money publically and tell her to f__k off. As someone here put it, THAT would be genuine reality TV.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed
    $500,000 is probably exactly half of Erin's net from the show. Erin chose to accept the Present Value of a 2-million 40-year annuity (with the current interest rates) which yeilds approx 1.6 million. Then Erin must pay the IRS %40 (winnings tax).
    Uh... not quite. NBC is on the record stating the present value of the lump sum for the $1 million annuity after federal taxes is $285K, so if Erin takes it all at once, she's looking at $570K. The *check* she wrote to Chad was just a prop, like the checks they threw in the fire... no one is getting paid for this right away. I suspect they'll work it out so Chad just ends up getting 1/4 of whatever Erin takes away. She doesn't now, and given her purchases of $15K worth of clothes and a house in LA, won't have $500K to give Chad. If he gets his check, he's looking at a little over $100K for playing ball (which is still lots more than Wade got... $50 a day per diem for 5 weeks... they got a TV star for only $1750!).
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    No, she specifically said "I'll give you half of what we were playing for IN THIS SHOW" She probably feels like she earned the first Mill for having to put up with Robb for so long. Chad has his chance at all the money, so he gets a chance with the girl and 1/2 the money, why would he not want that?
    It doesn't matter what she feels like she earned from the first show, the reality (no pun intended) is that she gave it up to have a shot at two million.

Maybe if I put this another way... let's say you're at a blackjack table in Vegas, and you slap down one million on a hand and win. And now you say, "I'll go double or nothing on the next hand." And the dealer wins. How much money do you have left?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    It doesn't matter what she feels like she earned from the first show, the reality (no pun intended) is that she gave it up to have a shot at two million.

Maybe if I put this another way... let's say you're at a blackjack table in Vegas, and you slap down one million on a hand and win. And now you say, "I'll go double or nothing on the next hand." And the dealer wins. How much money do you have left?
    None.

But the million you began with was yours. Just as the million that Erin began with at the beginning of FLOM2 was hers.

And when she won she had $2m. And the amount she won is...$1m.

Thus, her winnings from FLOM1 were $1m, and from FLOM2 were $1m.
    And therefore half of her winnings on FLOM2 is $500k. (before the annuity and tax stuff)

to-tix

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    None.

But the million you began with was yours. Just as the million that Erin began with at the beginning of FLOM2 was hers.

And therefore half of her winnings on FLOM2 is $500k. (before the annuity and tax stuff)

to-tix
    The million you began with was yours until you lost it trying for a double or nothing.

If he picked the money, she got zip - not her original one million dollars, but zip. If he picked her, she got 2 million. Hence, what she won on show number two was two million dollars, half of which is a million.

(Taking some aspirin and giving up on this topic forever now. )

Money Decisions - The Real Split

I guess we could debate the math of what Erin and Chad won all day. I agree with the earlier statement that Erin agreed to enter For Love or Money Part 2 with no money and winning two million was solely contingent on Chad picking Erin over money. I also thought that Erin was condescending over the money and acted like she had done Chad a favor. Jay Leno said last night that he would have picked the money. John Larroquette said he would take the money and made a crack on the show about the money being gone in two years and Erin would need plastic surgery by then.

Chad is much more high energy than Erin. He has surprised me by appearing to really love Erin. Erin is one lucky lady. I did feel bad for Wade for a few minutes last night when he had tears in his eyes. But I'm sure he will have plenty of comforting arms to fall into. It was obvious on the reunion show that Wade still had a damaged ego.

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    None.

to-tix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast