+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They gave It Away

FORT Newbie

They gave It Away

Did anyone else notice that as they were doing the back and forth between Chad and Wade that when they were on the Wade part, the circle of rings was incomplete with an open space and when they were on the Chad part the circle of rings was complete.

I thought I had imagined it but double checked the TIVO and I wasn't.

This really blew the suspense for me.

Nope, I didn't notice that, well spotted.

I have to say I thought they might have given it away last week at the reunion.

Wade seemed very somber whereas Chad was all smiles.

I put this down to the fact that Chad is generally a more smiley person than Wade at the time though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpankster22
    Did anyone else notice that as they were doing the back and forth between Chad and Wade that when they were on the Wade part, the circle of rings was incomplete with an open space and when they were on the Chad part the circle of rings was complete.

I saw that, too. I can't believe the editors could make a mistake like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jj51574
    I saw that, too. I can't believe the editors could make a mistake like that.
    Thank you!!! I posted somewhere last night that I saw the same thing and was like - I think they did that on purpose to clue us in a little- I liked it then I read on the spoiler thread that he decided to pick her and when I saw the actual scene I thought the poster must have gotten it wrong - for he sure did fool me when he was saying it was nothing against her and stuff - too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpankster22

I did notice that when Wade gave her back the ring she placed it in the middle, however when Chad came down it had been moved. But keep in mind they always send the person who isn't the winner down first. She spoke to Wade first so I immediately knew that Chad had won.

They did try to trick us when they showed Chad getting into the limo. The part we didn't see was Erin getting in before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    I did notice that when Wade gave her back the ring she placed it in the middle, however when Chad came down it had been moved. But keep in mind they always send the person who isn't the winner down first. She spoke to Wade first so I immediately knew that Chad had won.

They did try to trick us when they showed Chad getting into the limo. The part we didn't see was Erin getting in before him.

That show last night was so annoying and ridiculous! First she had to make those LONG speeches to each of them, then a commercial break, then she dumped Wade and chose Chad - he said "there's a twist", then another commercial break, then Chad played us all by acting like he was going to take the money, and damn, no one talks as s-l-o-w as he did! Don't tell me they're not coached to talk that slow. I mean, the producers milked this big time, and got mucho advertising bucks from it. I don't think I've ever seen so many commercial breaks in an hour. I didn't enjoy the show at all.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Nope, I didn't notice that, well spotted.

I have to say I thought they might have given it away last week at the reunion.

Wade seemed very somber whereas Chad was all smiles.

I put this down to the fact that Chad is generally a more smiley person than Wade at the time though.
    I noticed that, too, fluff. I wondered at the time if they were just trying to throw us off, but it seemed to come naturally to each guy. Made me wonder then if this wasn't going to be the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    For me that was a dead giveaway. The losers leave in taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda
    Don't tell me they're not coached to talk that slow. I mean, the producers milked this big time, and got mucho advertising bucks from it.
    This was never so obvious as when Chad was about to respond to something Erin had said and he stopped himself and started talking about the first time he saw her, their first date, blah, blah, blah. He switched gears so quickly it was as if someone had interrupted him and told him to stay on track with the rehearsed speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayaholic
    I noticed that, too, fluff. I wondered at the time if they were just trying to throw us off, but it seemed to come naturally to each guy. Made me wonder then if this wasn't going to be the outcome.
    I think people give this show too much credit in the "trying to throw us off" department. This is not the Bachelor. There was not as much time spent filming or apparently editing this show. There were obvious clues left in every trailer and the people in FLOM2 especially were pretty transparent.

I think the surprise choice at the end of FLOM1 was just a lucky break for the producers. For whatever reason Erin chose to go on ad infinitum about how Rob was in love with Paige and she knew she wasn't going to be picked. This wasn't some editing trick because they had nothing else to fill the two hours but Paige and Erin's conversations with one another.

It would have been quite shocking if Erin hadn't picked Chad after everything we've seen.

+ Reply to Thread