+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 9/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Once the bloom is off the rose (if there is one), I think the issue of 1/2 of 1M or 2M will come between them.
    I totally agree with this. In fact, I think the bloom is *already* off the rose. Things looked pretty tortured between the two of them after Erin told Chad her story and wrote out the check. They did not look like a couple in love.

I don't think the relationship is going to last. A reality TV show is a poor way to begin a relationship to begin with. Furthermore, a show in which both parties are keeping secrets from the other adds another level of complication. And to top it all off, for Erin to give Chad 25% of her prize will doom things.

FORT Fogey
    Wow, what an ending! I thought for sure the guy would pick the money over love.....afterall, it didn't really seem that either relationship had the sparks. Obviously I was wrong! I never liked all the deception from the get-go. Many of the conversations didn't seem to flow because of the worry of revealing too much about the money aspect of the "game". I can honestly say that I am pleased that Erin and Chad went with their hearts. I thought Wade was just an honest, straightforward, salt of the earth guy.....I wish I could nominate him for the next Bachelor (after Bob!). Wade was my choice .....but those sparks are important and have to be there, so Erin made the right decision for her. I have to say that both Wade and Chad were great guys! I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating crackers. :wink

I am not sure about the split of the money, though. A grand gesture that somehow falls flat.

Whew. I am glad it's over.

What's next, folks???

FORT Newbie
    Erin had already won $1M from the first show, so in her mind she's really playing to get an additional million. She won it because Chad chose her, so she was willing to share the winning of the additional $1M - which is $500K. After all, if she splits everything then it's as if she was back to where she was at the end of the last show -- only $1M.

I guess Erin's charms worked better than Rob's!

Quote Originally Posted by HammyHammy
    Erin had already won $1M from the first show, so in her mind she's really playing to get an additional million. She won it because Chad chose her, so she was willing to share the winning of the additional $1M - which is $500K. After all, if she splits everything then it's as if she was back to where she was at the end of the last show -- only $1M.
    I think "splitting the money" is a poor way to look at it. I would have said to Chad, thanks for sacrificing a million dollars so we could be together, you can have it back now. Then they would be on even footing, she would have lost nothing and gained Chad. This would have been a chance to start their relationship with a clean slate and forget about lies, deception, golddigging, etc. She should have put the entire $1 million where her mouth was. Chad did it for her. Why should he be out of pocket when he did the right thing? If it wasn't for his gesture Erin would have nothing.

Is it really over yet? this show, for a lack of better word, sucks!

the finale was good only during the last half-hour of the show.... well, congrats Erin and Chad, you guys do look good together... you might have more of a chance staying together than say Evan Joe Millionaire but I wouldn't bet on it....

Quote Originally Posted by HammyHammy

I guess Erin's charms worked better than Rob's!
    Only financially--if she gave Chad $1M, then she'd have $1M AND Chad! Big difference.

Re: charms--I think that Erin's judgement was better than Rob's, not charms. Rob should have picked the person he had better chemistry with--Paige. But then, we know that Rob has bad judgement.

My thoughts on this. First a quote from official website
    She chose to forgo the million dollar prize for a second chance at love and for a chance to win two million dollars on For Love or Money 2.
    So, really, she did not win anything in first show, the two million is from this show. But, when I saw her sign the check for Chad my first thoughts were that maybe that was half of the amount she would get if she chose to take it as one payment instead of over 40 years, kind of like lottery works. (After all it would be wiser to take a lesser amount in cash and invest it wisely than let inflation eat 2 million over 40 years.) I do not know her logic on the amount she chose to write on that check, but that is what I originally thought.

$500,000 doled out over 40 years isn't enough to even break a sweat over.

If the original $1 million was going to end up being something like $13,000 annually after taxes, etc., then I assume the $500,000 would be about half of that. Rounding it up to $10,000 a year, that's not even $1,000 a month. That wouldn't even pay the rent on most people's 1-bedroom apartments.

Now if Chad could run to the bank and cash that check from Erin and receive the whole $500,000 in one chunk sum, that would make for a far, happier ending ... for Chad, at least.

Chad looked like he was ready to bail when she mentioned she had been playing for money too...until she said she was splitting the million he could have taken if he hadn't chosen her with him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    It doesn't matter that she didn't have to split it, and it doesn't matter if he didn't care about it, that's not the point - the point is: half of her winnings was not $500,000.
    And she did NOT tell him she was giving him half of what she won, she told him she came back for the chance to win, and keep, 2 million. But because she really cared for him, and wanted him to know it was not all for the money, she would split what HE thought they were playing for, which was 1 million.

+ Reply to Thread