+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Prediction

i'm a bit confused (which is nothing new ) but it seems that Erin keeps thinking with her heart...i mean i think if she really really wants the money i think she has let some guys go that would have chosen her and not the money.
    "After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were.
    After the second, you see things as they are not.
    Finally, you see things as they really are,
    which is the most horrible thing in the world."

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe
    i'm a bit confused (which is nothing new ) but it seems that Erin keeps thinking with her heart...i mean i think if she really really wants the money i think she has let some guys go that would have chosen her and not the money.
    You are correct. But I think she has a plan.

She is trying to keep two guys to the end...the guy she likes most and the guy that is the safest bet. This allows her to defer the "love or money" decision to the last round. All of her recent decisions can be explained using this logic...

Greg wasn't her favorite and not a sure bet...gone.

Erik wasn't her favorite, and not as good a bet as Wade...gone.

Rob wasn't her favorite, and came w/ some questionable motives...gone.

Now she is stuck w/ the two extremes. Some of the eliminated guys may have been better combinations of "attraction" and "risk", but she has play for these two clear choices.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    She will pick Wade and Wade will take the money. From my days at A&M with him, he is sneakier than you may think. Plus she wrote him off last week......Wade is a millionaire.
    I think that would be poetic justice as well as a realistic expectation.

Rob was set up as the patsy in this game. Everyone (including Rob) knew full well that Erin was not going to pick him again. I bet she made a deal with the producers to hold on to him for one week just to build up the suspense and then kick him to the curb.

FORT Newbie
    This is just too easy.
    Whomever Erin chooses that one will pick up the money chance. That is just a nobrainer.
    Her satisfaction is going to be a job on TV since she is already studying for that. That was most likely the deal that brought her back to star in the losing position.

The two guys that are at the finals are both good looking and they can easily find the girl outside that show that looks better than Erin, that is younger, and has more character. There is nothing special about Erin to weight more than the money on hand ($25,000 a year). All you need is 5 minutes of sobriety to figure that out.

I hear women often talking they kissed too many frogs, they dated losers etc. Guess what the men think? It is really not that different. You gotta be exceptionally stupid to believe that this girl is a catch of your life to pass the reality - the money of your life. The truth is that biology works, men settle when it is a time for them to settle, and it can be with a lot of different women. Just like women do. Only desperate, lonely, and inexperienced people get infatuated in a flash.
    Last edited by blaster2; 08-28-2003 at 04:21 PM.

FORT Regular
    Yep. . .

Erin studied TV production at USC, or so we've been told.

This is a career move for her. And a smart one, at that. I doubt that she gives a rat's ass if she wins; she wants a career. If she wanted $ only, she certainly could find some old geezer with bucks to marry.

She is ambitious.

That's why I like her. She's using her head.

As for Wade, I had fallen for the awe shucks Texas chivalry bit hook, line and sinker. Now I am beginning to reconsider.

Wade just might be the best actor on the show!

Chad makes me melt. . . I would be helpless with him in front of me. . good luck Erin.

Chad has the most amazing lips!

FORT Regular
    You're not kidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoofnit

Chad has the most amazing lips!
    I never saw anyone with lips like his... If I knew someone with those lips I would'nt be here tonight. I'd be in bed!

Go Erin! Enjoy!
    Danagabrielle

Pondering the last few weeks, I think that Erin picked Chad and Wade as the "final two" weeks ago, possibly as early as the 2nd or 3rd show.

(As I've theorized elsewhere, her strategy was to pick one as the "best connection" and one as the "safe bet", then elimate the rest.)

Remember how only Chad and Wade got the cell phone dates? She had already decided weeks before that the others were gone.

Vic? Greg? Eric? No chance.

Adding Rob to the mix? No chance.

That is why most of the dates lacked passion...she isn't trying to really date these guys and get to know them...she has already decided and is just going through the motions.

In fact, I wonder if the producers might have added Rob because they saw that Erin was focused on only two guys and slowly (and boringly) dumping the rest.

Jim
    MAUI,rarely seen on the mainland,1 lady I'm interested in
    The longer this show keeps going on,the dumber it gets.Every week they seem to have some "new" rule or slant..But We watch it "like-a-deer-in-the-headlights",HuH?...Jim......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast