+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: 08/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #41
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1

    Anyone know where Rob and Erin had their fantasy date?

    I want to take my girlfriend to that forest retreat that rob took erin in tonight's episode (8/25/03).

    Any help would be great!

  2. #42
    Combat Missions Fan Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, of course!
    Posts
    7,916
    I felt bad for Rob, but it was so obvious that Erin didn't feel anything for him. I loved Rob's word to Erin about not finding love if she doesn't open up to anybody. I bet they went straight to Erin's heart. IMHO, She's going for the money (has been since FLOM1).

    Chad is the one that seems more distraught about this whole situation. Poor guy. It almost seems like he's going to go postal at times.

    I think Erin is attracted to Chad, but she's not sure if he would pick her over the money. Wade is like money in the bag. She seems to feel comfortable with him, but there is not a lot of chemistry between the two.

    I wonder if the story will repeat itself. Jordan tells both guys that Erin was in the house before and she picked the money over Rob. Erin will pass over the sure thing, Wade, and go for Chad, the one she feels more attracted to. Then Chad picks the money and goes his merry way.

  3. #43
    FORT Newbie melaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3

    San Jose native knows area

    Quote Originally Posted by schonne
    I want to take my girlfriend to that forest retreat that rob took erin in tonight's episode (8/25/03).

    Any help would be great!
    I haven't been to that exact spot, but I know for a fact it was in the Santa Cruz mountains. Try Scott's Valley. I got married there. :-)

  4. #44
    Chihuahua's rule! drkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,149
    Man my life is sad, I was totally enthralled with tonight's show. Did I mention I just moved and have no friends here yet?

    Anyway I was actually really sorry for Rob. Yes I watched FLOM and didn't care for him at all and loved Erin taking the money. Now I don't like Erin as much and feel for Rob. Tables turning.

    I too wished the mystery girl was from FLOM like Paige. Big let down.

    I originally thought Erin was just going for the money and was rooting for her to get the 2 million. But she's eliminated some guys that I felt would have choosen her over the money - so I'm not sure. If it was only about money, she would have kept Rob and Wade, saying bye to Chad.

    I think if she picks Chad, she's doing what Rob did - picking someone she likes but isn't sure if they'll pick her in return. If she picks Wade, it's for money. It's obvious she has no romantic feelings for Wade despite him being a great guy. She also has no feelings for Rob and never did. (Poor Rob)

    At this point I'm not sure if Erin will go for the sure money or go for potential love with Chad. And next week with this reunion - will Erin choose before or after the reunion. If Chad and Wade learn her secret first then I don't think either would pick her over the money. I really look forward to Rob and Paige seeing each other.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

  5. #45
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,786
    Poor Rob. Dissed again.

    And the mystery guest! Oh, my! Wooo hooo! How exciting! How stupdendous!!!!

    Stupid FLOM 2.

  6. #46
    I've yada yada'd sex Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I loved Rob's word to Erin about not finding love if she doesn't open up to anybody. I bet they went straight to Erin's heart.
    Erin's behavior on the show doesn't necessarily carry through to real life. This is a game show after all and even if Erin wasn't out for the money she has legitimate cause for caution since she is well aware that the men might be playing her to get money themselves.

  7. #47
    eternal optimist Shazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    greener pastures
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I wonder if the story will repeat itself. Jordan tells both guys that Erin was in the house before and she picked the money over Rob. Erin will pass over the sure thing, Wade, and go for Chad, the one she feels more attracted to. Then Chad picks the money and goes his merry way.
    I can easily see this happening. Perhaps it's what the producers want, anyway?

    I just saw a behind the scenes of the REal World (yes, lame, yes), and it seems as if the producers are constantly trying to lead reality tv players in the direction they think is best for the show. If the producers want her to end up in the same situation, perhaps they'll lead her in that direction? Apparently on this behind the scenes REal World show, different house guests stated that the producers would call them into a meeting and say something like, "We're not saying that so and so said they hated your guts, but if they DID say they hated your guts, how would you feel and what would you do?" It seems as if they're baiting people constantly. I wonder how the producers of this show are baiting people/Erin?

    Anyhow, just thought it was rather interesting.

    I love Wade, but in a way, because there's no chemistry there on her part (silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!!), I'd rather she let Wade move on and find someone who likes him back (like me....heh heh.... ).
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

    "I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

  8. #48
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    251
    The flaw in this show is that it's not really for love or money, it's for a potential relationship or money. It's not like they're going up to a couple on their wedding day and saying, "a million bucks to the first one who volunteers to split." It's a potential relationship and some initial chemistry, someone would have to be nuts to take something so iffy over a million bucks IMO.

    Everyone's putting their best face forward here - who knows what they'll be like in an ordinary setting where they don't have to compete with someone else? The guy who's trying so hard to be more charming than anyone else (while in an ideal setting surrounded by luxury) is not going to be the same guy who's watching football in his underwear in a two-bedroom apartment with a leaky faucet and an air-conditioner that keeps breaking down.

    And the same goes for the girl - she's going to be a lot less exciting once she's not being pursued by every guy in the room... now she's just a skinny girl with a pretty face instead of The Big Prize, wait and see how desirable she is when she's showing up for breakfast in a ratty t-shirt complaining that he left the toilet seat up again.

    And even if someone did choose the person over the money, imagine their future with that hanging over their head. "I turned down a million bucks for you, and you have a headache? I don't think so."

    So there isn't much real suspense in this thing. Will someone be stupid enough to take the relationship that's almost guaranteed to end badly? That's what it boils down to to me.

  9. #49
    Always here! Danagabrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    montreal, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    The flaw in this show is that it's not really for love or money, it's for a potential relationship or money. It's not like they're going up to a couple on their wedding day and saying, "a million bucks to the first one who volunteers to split." It's a potential relationship and some initial chemistry, someone would have to be nuts to take something so iffy over a million bucks IMO.

    Everyone's putting their best face forward here - who knows what they'll be like in an ordinary setting where they don't have to compete with someone else? The guy who's trying so hard to be more charming than anyone else (while in an ideal setting surrounded by luxury) is not going to be the same guy who's watching football in his underwear in a two-bedroom apartment with a leaky faucet and an air-conditioner that keeps breaking down.

    And the same goes for the girl - she's going to be a lot less exciting once she's not being pursued by every guy in the room... now she's just a skinny girl with a pretty face instead of The Big Prize, wait and see how desirable she is when she's showing up for breakfast in a ratty t-shirt complaining that he left the toilet seat up again.

    And even if someone did choose the person over the money, imagine their future with that hanging over their head. "I turned down a million bucks for you, and you have a headache? I don't think so."

    So there isn't much real suspense in this thing. Will someone be stupid enough to take the relationship that's almost guaranteed to end badly? That's what it boils down to to me.
    Ok... but if the guy IS stupid engouh to take the girl, then they will 2M...
    Danagabrielle

  10. #50
    eternal optimist Shazzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    greener pastures
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,039
    Quote Originally Posted by surprise twist
    The flaw in this show is that it's not really for love or money, it's for a potential relationship or money. It's not like they're going up to a couple on their wedding day and saying, "a million bucks to the first one who volunteers to split." It's a potential relationship and some initial chemistry, someone would have to be nuts to take something so iffy over a million bucks IMO.

    Everyone's putting their best face forward here - who knows what they'll be like in an ordinary setting where they don't have to compete with someone else? The guy who's trying so hard to be more charming than anyone else (while in an ideal setting surrounded by luxury) is not going to be the same guy who's watching football in his underwear in a two-bedroom apartment with a leaky faucet and an air-conditioner that keeps breaking down.

    And the same goes for the girl - she's going to be a lot less exciting once she's not being pursued by every guy in the room... now she's just a skinny girl with a pretty face instead of The Big Prize, wait and see how desirable she is when she's showing up for breakfast in a ratty t-shirt complaining that he left the toilet seat up again.

    And even if someone did choose the person over the money, imagine their future with that hanging over their head. "I turned down a million bucks for you, and you have a headache? I don't think so."

    So there isn't much real suspense in this thing. Will someone be stupid enough to take the relationship that's almost guaranteed to end badly? That's what it boils down to to me.
    I'll ditto that. I never thought Erin was extremely horrible for choosing the money over as you said, the "iffy" maybeness of the relationship with a guy she barely knows. Like you said, it would be different if they were approaching long-attached couples. And Erin's explanation of why she chose the money instead of the man was a condensed version of your argument.

    I still want to date Wade.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

    "I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.