+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other Rob fans on here?

Any other Rob fans on here?

I can't figure our if I am the only one?! I am cheering for Rob on this - I think his intentions are good (but they could be Dr. Evil) but I think they are good and I am cheering for him all the way. Please only respond if you are cheering for Rob, too. If I want to read Rob bashing and haters than I need look no farther than every other single thread on this board. This thread is for the people CHEERING for Rob to either win the money or to win Erin at the end of this. I get the feeling this could be a short thread but I just have to see if I am alone!
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Regular
    Not bashing, not hating, but I think you're in for a very lonely thread, here.

Though, to be fair, I'll say it... He still creeps me out, he's still kinda smarms his way all over my screen, but I didn't hate him NEARLY as much as I wanted to. For some reason, his confessional interviews seemed to be (slightly) more animated (thereby not making me feel the need to drive a screwdriver into my ears everytime he spoke), he really did seem like he was there for a second chance with someone he found to be a great girl, and after the video, when Erin said (kinda thoughtlessly, too) 'wow, didn't you think that was weird...blah, blah, I'm an emotionless fem-bot, blah, blah', the look on his face... Man, I actually felt for the guy. That had to be ROUGH, going back to that.

And, if it weren't for Rob's arrvial, we'd probably have to listen to another week of Eric's drivel... Granted, with Eric and Rob it's kind of the lesser of two skeevils, but at least I'm used to tuning Rob out at this point.

FORT Newbie
    I really liked the way he said that he was crazy about Erin in the elimination ceremony last night my only problem with him is his semingly inablity to talk coherently throughout FLOM1. But, that said, I do think he has good intentions this time around but I really doubt that he will make it past the next round, but... I was surprised he made it last night so who knows!

in small voice laced with complete disbelief.... yes.

i was relieved to see him stay. i guess i'm a FLOM2 producer's sucker - - but i was kind of on his side this episode. and i'm going to feel bad (with qualifications of course, you can't feel too bad for a guy who can't remember whether or not he sexually assaulted somebody) when he gets rejected again (either before or after the 2! million! dollars!) because clearly erin isn't interested in him. nor would i be... he looked dopey just walking down the stairs. but he seemed sincere. so if he is just there for revenge, man will i be impressed!

I hated Rob through FLOM 1 because he just didn't show much intelligence or independent thought.("Your dress matches the rug." EWWW.) That said, if he really is in it for Erin this time I have to hand it to him. I can't imagine a man who would take that kind of rejection on national television and then sign up for more from the same girl. Kind of sad really. Codependent?
    If he thinks that much of Erin I wish him the best of luck, and it really would make for a romantic ending. Wouldn't it be interesting though, if NBC came up with something like: if Erin chooses Rob she gets nothing because she rejected him once, but Rob gets a bonus for getting her to change her mind?
    I really don't like Erin myself, she strikes me as exactly the kind of mercenary &%(* who could win this show, so I am hoping she will get a dose of her own medicine and have some guy pick the money over her. (Not likely with those left though.) If Rob really cares about Erin as much as it seems, she does not deserve him.

FORT Regular
    yup, if he's really in it to get back at her, man, he's a better actor, lawyer, convinc...er than I think everyone is giving him credit for. But I don't think he is. I think he's really in it for her. Poor him, cuz he really is gonna get dropped again.

FORT Regular
    I NEVER would've made 'poor Rob' statements last season... *shudder* What's wrong with me???

Is Rob the man we like to hate or the man we hate to like??

I have mixed feelings about Rob. His past behavior with women is deplorable. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes. But then he repeated the same mistake on national television. Rob treats women like dirt when he has too much to drink.

Someone claiming to be a close friend of Rob's made a post about him on the FLOM 1 board. He said Rob was a great guy as long as he didn't drink. I believe this to be a true statement about Rob. Drinking was involved in both of the known incidents. It doesn't take away any of the responsibility (or irresponsibility) Rob had. It was his decision to drink, and act like a fool.

On the other hand, Rob was placed in a situation where he could have been rewarded for making a choice he didn't feel right about. Even though the ONE....MILLION....DOLLARS isn't really a million dollars, it is still a lot of money. Rob knew Paige would choose him over the money, but yet he followed his heart, and chose Erin. Rob did what a lot of people would consider the right thing to do. He took a chance. He did what he thought was right.

Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    On the other hand, Rob was placed in a situation where he could have been rewarded for making a choice he didn't feel right about. Even though the ONE....MILLION....DOLLARS isn't really a million dollars, it is still a lot of money. Rob knew Paige would choose him over the money, but yet he followed his heart, and chose Erin. Rob did what a lot of people would consider the right thing to do. He took a chance. He did what he thought was right.
    I agree with this.

I also know that the producers and editors weren't doing their job if Rob sounded inarticulate. They chose what statements to accept from him and then made their editing choices. I know the contestants don't like to feel they are manipulated and will say "oh no words weren't put into my mouth." I have worked in reality tv production and I know how it is done. I know he isn't smooth and may be codependant.

Oh yeah, am I the only one who liked the "your dress matches the rug"
    statement? You know I knew he was straight when he said that. If you recall some on the first boards were saying he was gay. I knew there was not a chance with that coming out of his mouth!

So yeah, I like Rob but feel bad for him that he came back. Erin worked him for the money the first show.

I felt sorry for him last night when they showed the tape last night, and Special A** Erin makes that comment she couldn't see how much Rob cared for her, could it be you had a check for 1 million and that is all you could see at that time. I don't think she will pick him, because she thinks he is out for revenge. but at this point I am routing for him. Erin is starting to work for my nerves. Eat a large pizza with cheese for heavens sake. :mad:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast