+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know what the producers of FLOM are trying to do (I think)

FORT Regular
    No, that's not mean!

Drunken behavior isn't usually rewarded with prime-time TV roles...

Rob obviously hasn't learned his lesson about booze and women; he was in the hot tub on For Love or Money 1 and had the "boot" episode, right?

One mistake?

The guy has a problem with alcohol and doesn't know it or doesn't want to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlight
    No, that's not mean!

Drunken behavior isn't usually rewarded with prime-time TV roles...

Rob obviously hasn't learned his lesson about booze and women; he was in the hot tub on For Love or Money 1 and had the "boot" episode, right?

One mistake?

The guy has a problem with alcohol and doesn't know it or doesn't want to admit it.
    His problem is not in alcohol but in his personality.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

No more one more kisses whatever_08's Avatar
    Ya... it WAS a mistake that he made! He didn't repeat the SAME thing in the hot tub. HE'S A GUY! GUYS ARE STUPID! Every guy I have EVER met has acted stupid at LEAST once. Guys drink. They show off to girls. They act stupid. They try to get sex! That's just how they are. I don't think guys ever grow up! Of course he's made mistakes. My guy friends have too. The only difference is that Rob's MISTAKE was publicized.

And I don't think he has an alcohol problem. Everyone uses alcohol as an excuse to act stupid or say things they can't say when they're sober. When I go to the bar, that's ecactly what me and this guy do. We get drunk so we CAN fool around and tell eachother things that we can't say otherwise. Actually u ppl probably won't get it. We're not supposed to see eachother, so other than the bar, we don't.

Any way, I still think Rob's an awesome guy. Actually that's probably why I think I like him so much - he looks the same, has the same expressions and has the same attitude of the guy I'm into! Even though Rob got kicked off I hope to see more pics of him! And I can't wait for the next eppisode to see him again!
    Lata

eny
    FORT Fogey
    There is a huge difference between acting stupid and sexual assault. As for the alcohol problem ..he only had a limited time to be on tv and he still had to get drunk & stupid. Thats classic alcoholic behaviour, not caring ...
    He should have a big L tattooed on his forehead...

Producers are always after ratings and money over quality.It's the cornerstone of reality TV

FORT Fan
    I dont watch this show regularly - but just from the posts realize that on most of these reality shows, producers freely give contestants as much alcohol as possible to loosen then up and hopefully make for better TV.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Don't know if this is relevant, but when it came time to do part 2 everyone was warned specifically NOT to get drunk on camera... which definitely ruined my plans for my vacation time on the show

Seemed strange and counter-intuitive at the time... what bostonsinclair observed was what we expected... liquor everyone up to rachet up the drama... but then as soon as we saw season 1 and Rob's idiocy we all understood.

BTW, if they keep all the clips from the reunion show, you'll see exactly how out of control, eye-rolling drunk and grabby and obnoxious Campos really was that night... and from what I heard and saw, none of the girls who were there have really forgiven him for it. I almost felt bad for the tool... almost.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123