+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is "edginess" and why is it a good thing?

*hugs Bunnymum*

I have to agree, in dating sometimes 'edgy' means dangerous. And sometimes "sparks" and "Connection" (a la' Erin) are a red flag.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    *hugs Bunnymum*

I have to agree, in dating sometimes 'edgy' means dangerous. And sometimes "sparks" and "Connection" (a la' Erin) are a red flag.
    Thanks, Bumpkin! I hope everyone else will forgive me for my little "soapbox rant"/ "Public Service Announcement"!
    "This week, I'd like to achieve self-actualization...either that or finish painting the bathroom."

As someone who earlier used the term "edginess" in this thread in reference to Chad's looks and personality, I have to say that I totally understand the attractiveness of that quality. And, in reference to Chad, I did mean that he is not boring and certainly unpredictable. I did not intend to imply that he is the least bit dangerous or that he needs changing. He may very well be a person who always acts with integrity.

That said, I chose a completely and utterly non-edgy partner for my life, who is steady, trustworthy, kind, responsible and with tons of integrity.

It is not clear to me that Chad is not also those things, as well as a bit unpredictable and mysterious. I guess I used that term for Chad -- rightly or wrongly -- because he has a certain air about him.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    It is not clear to me that Chad is not also those things, as well as a bit unpredictable and mysterious. I guess I used that term for Chad -- rightly or wrongly -- because he has a certain air about him.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. Being an integrity person and have a little mistery about you is very doable.

If Chad is who he looks like, then I can say he is the edgy guy I would like to date (11 years ago).
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

i'm sorry to hear that this thread has dredged up hard memories for anybody. i think we've gone way too deep into edgy. here is how i might use edge. say i meet someone, male or female, with no romantic intentions at all. if that person thinks i'm horrid for writing into a message board regarding eric's oiliness, has stationery and teddy bears that say "I wub you" displayed on their desk at work, mistakes satire for actually espousing the ideas it spoofs, then i'd say "oh, i don't really click with so and so. s/he is nice but s/he has no edge."

edginess does not necessarily mean abusers. remember back to married by america when one of the fiances answered the "what kind of guys do you go for?" question with "abusers" or something almost as blunt. that's when we get into the gone with the wind scenario described above.

FORT Newbie
    i think edgy is a positive thing. someone who's on the cutting edge, who pushes the envelope, who doesn't do the mainstream thing, who doesn't follwo the accepted norm. (this was lifted from a slang dictionary, so don't give me credit!).

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. Being an integrity person and have a little mistery about you is very doable.

If Chad is who he looks like, then I can say he is the edgy guy I would like to date (11 years ago).

11 years ago -- when I was in my early 20's -- I would certainly loved to have hooked up with either Chad or Wade. Erin is a lucky girl, at this point.

-- by the way, can anybody explain this smile to me and what rofl is.

See? He's Rolling On the Floor Laughing

[QUOTE=kyrjar]11 years ago -- when I was in my early 20's -- I would certainly loved to have hooked up with either Chad or Wade. Erin is a lucky girl, at this point.

QUOTE]

Yes and 11 years ago so was Erin.........in her early 20's

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    Yes and 11 years ago so was Erin.........in her early 20's

to quote Bill the Cat... thhhhhhhppppt!

For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast