+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erin said Rob gave up a million dollars for her

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    Think about this.
    Erin wants the two million dollars, she knows how Rob feels about her, so she eliminates everyone except him, they split the two million and go their seperate ways.
    No ones a loser
    First of all, it's not that easy to split 2 million dollars. If Erin chooses Rob and he chooses her, the money goes under her name. She can't just give him 1 million without a huge tax penalty. Second, since Rob is now in the game, what's to prevent him from backing out of their deal at the last minute and taking the million for himself? If you were Erin, wouldn't you be a little worried that Rob might be bitter and wants revenge? Besides, he's super CREEPY. I know I wouldn't trust him. On that same token, why would Rob trust Erin? She screwed him the first time, what makes him think she won't screw him again?

FORT Fogey

Money for nothing

You guys are all jumping to conclusions. I am sure it has nothing to do with whether Rob likes Erin and has come begging for her "love" (HA HA), or not. It's a situation created by NBC for keeping us guessing...and watching.

Erin always said that she was after the money, and she made no bones about it. And Rob? Well, Rob mumbled a lot so I wasn't sure what the hell he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    And Rob? Well, Rob mumbled a lot so I wasn't sure what the hell he was saying.
    Isn't it funny how people overestimate their abilities? Stammering Rob is a lawyer, squeaking Erin becomes an announcer,
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    Think about this.
    Erin wants the two million dollars, she knows how Rob feels about her, so she eliminates everyone except him, they split the two million and go their seperate ways.
    No ones a loser
    It looks like a big surprice to Erin when Rob was introduced. Rob might have been offered around 50K - 100K to show up on 2nd series.
    (If you see his nbc.com inteview for LOM1 he told that there was game prize in the end. Producers might have doubled if he agrees to show up in 2nd series). Otherwise he would not be here. He knew that he was rejected and humiliated, of course he was stupid, moran and jerk for not picking Paige. So he might have thought why not take this as opertunity to make some money whetever he gets!!

If you listern Rob's radio interview he tells "why would you want to do you show if you need the million dollars". It looks like Erin did not get money. And she did not choose him either.

And Rob has been in touch with Wade the whistler. I dont think Wade selected Erin if he was choosen by Erin.

Chad, there is a possibility. He also lives in Sanfrancisco. But Erin moved to LA. So looks like Chad & Erin are not going to be together.

At one Radio interview she told she made out with one guy and kept him until last 2. So I guess Eric & Chad were the finalists. But it is very unlikely one of them choose her over the money.

They are under camera all time. They can not make a deal. And I donot think Erin is that impressed by Rob's sex appeal. He looks handsome and really cool in his James Bond Tax. But when he opens his mouth I donot know any girls want to be with him other than Kelly and Paige.

Quote Originally Posted by tvguy123
    He knew that he was rejected and humiliated, of course he was stupid, moran and jerk for not picking Paige.
    Interesting that you say this. Rob is a jerk that he did not pick Paige who he did not like as much as Erin. He risked the money for a possiblity of romance with Erin even though he knew he would most likely lose.

Something is not connecting in this theory, don't you think?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Just to reiterate and clarify, no one gave up a million dollars. NBC admits the lump sum payout for the prize is $465,000 pre-tax. So after federal income tax is taken out, Rob gave up $280K. For an attorney, that's only about 2 years income.

And, of course, he is being paid to appear on FLOM2.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    And, of course, he is being paid to appear on FLOM2.
    NBC has really had Rob on the publicity train as well these last 2-3 weeks. So I hope they've made it worth his while.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    NBC has really had Rob on the publicity train as well these last 2-3 weeks. So I hope they've made it worth his while.
    Much like Erin, he's handling his unemployment with remarkable equanimity, so I think we can therefore presume NBC is paying him quite nicely... if I lost my job because of this crappy show, I'd be pretty rippin' fired up!

Unless, y'know, I got a fat network contract, or got to sleep with someone or sumthin'...
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fan

Twist

Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe Rob has been offered a million dollars if he can get Erin to select him?
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Much like Erin, he's handling his unemployment with remarkable equanimity...

Rob is not really unemployed. Nothing he did on the show impacted his standing before the Texas bar and he is still fully licensed to practice law (unless something else has happened that I didn't read about).

He never exactly was an employee of the firm that separated from him. He rented an office from them and was considered an "associate", not an employee. He was entitled to use their company name, resources and support staff I expect, but he had his own clients. Clients hire a lawyer to represent them and by now he has a reputation around the Dallas courthouse based on the cases he has won or lost.

If he knows the law and has the ability to get a client cleared of a drunk driving charge or shoplifting or worse, or can help a spouse get a favorable divorce settlement, then he will still get plenty of clients and make a good living (in his own law office) in spite of his bumbling on national tv.

Personally, I think Rob is the biggest doofus to appear on my tv since Mike (Boogie) Malin, and I would love to think that this show was the biggest mistake he ever made, but in reality, as soon as he rents another office, he will probably get more clients than ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast