+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the truth will come out

to Brockdrywall!

What a cool way to post a rumor, I'd never seen that before and am sure I won't be able to learn how to do it either.

Erin is quite an enigma to me. And as someone else pointed out she's been contradictory in her statements about the $$. Will she help the parents out or stop living off them, but if it is only $13, I thought it was more in the neighborhood of $25-30 a year, nothing to sneeze at, but certainly not enough to sustain you in Los Angeles or San Francisco.

About the guys. It's so hard to tell where they are coming from, I think Eric and Chad are competing right now -- think it may be a testosterone thing. I think Wade is a real romantic, foolish man in this case.

I can't wait to see how their perspective changes when they find out it is one or the other. Somehow I think it won't matter to Wade. I think Eric would take the money, I have no idea what Chad will do. Speaking of the annuity issue, do you think they know it is paid as an annunity or do they think they are truly getting a million cash, after taxes, of course. This would sure make a big difference to me.

Okay, after reading this thread I have to throw some reality in of my own.
    First, you sign up for a reality show that alleges it's a "Bachelor" type program. You decide you're going to get your 15 minutes of fame and maybe end up with a hot dude.
    Second, you aren't there 24 hours and you're being told there's more to it...a million dollar prize....
    Third, you have to endure endless days and nights listening to some chick who claims she's 22, but acts more like 12 and whines and nags you constantly about "what are you going to do?"
    Fourth, you actually win the prize but have to choose between some yutz who alleges to be a trial attorney, but cannot manage to put a grammatically correct sentence together (mostly grunts) and the $$$. What are you going to choose?

Finally, you get an opportunity to double the $$ that wasn't yours to begin with and will be drawn out over 40 years not to mention extend your 15 minutes (keep in mind you're looking to break into the entertainment business) what are you going to do now?

Seems to me you would all do what Erin did and try and play it off like she did if not worse (if that's possible).

Seems to me you would all do what Erin did and try and play it off like she did if not worse (if that's possible).
    I agree with you. I like Erin. I hope she'll end up with 2M and a gorgeous guy... like Chad.
    Danagabrielle

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Yup yup. So so true. I like Erin so much more than Trista because she's real and she's upfront about her intentions. Yes, she wants the money, but who wouldn't? This show is making a ton of money off her and these guys. Why shouldn't have some of that money? At least she's not Paige, who thinks this show is actually a chance at "true love". Please.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tvjunky
    someone really ought to use their head and get the truth about erin from people who know her in san francisco. so many things have not been told. like wanting to give the money to her parents to help them out - what a crock. or that she had a boyfriend up until the a few days prior to the show starting.
    Well I haven't heard much dirt about her other than what you already know.

She was raised in Los Altos with a few other rich kids. She's had lots of privledges. She studies TV production at USC. . . hello. This is a career move for her.

Go Erin!

Win the money!

Go far!

I'm all for Erin winning it all.

Whatever that means.

funnygirl. Great recap of the situation.

If Erin plays this smart and picks Wade (who, in her words "Will always do the right thing" I'll have to admire her for turning the reality tv game around on the producers of the show.

At the same time, I'm like fluff:

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    From what I've seen on the shows (which is obviously edited) and in live tv interviews she seems devoid of any real personality.
    I just find her "blah" and a tad annoying.
    I don't get the impression she went into the secind show looking for love.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    If Erin plays this smart and picks Wade (who, in her words "Will always do the right thing" I'll have to admire her for turning the reality tv game around on the producers of the show.
    probably the wrong place to bring this up, but even though I think chad and wade SEEM like nice, stand-up guys, why would Wade pick Erin over a million dollars?

Erin picked the million dollars, reasoning (quite well) that no one could have enough feeling over the course of a few non-exclusive dates to pass up that much money. Erin was pretty honest about that at least on FLOM1, with nary a doubt about it. Erin keeps saying that Wade would not take the money, but why shouldn't he unless he really believes that he found true love?

Plus, the way she acted on their last date makes the idea that Wade would pick her over a million dollars even more far-fetched.

FORT Newbie
    1. It is hard to believe that Erin is in for the money only, which is annuity anyway. She is more likely in for the career and there might be a cut deal with the NBC.

2. None of these guys have a good reason to pass the money. Erin is not the best catch they can get, they surely had girlfriends before, probably better looking than Erin. You can be temporarily foolish but you only need to think 5 minutes to figure out what is a better deal, Erin or money.

3. The only person that is truly foolish in all of that is Rob. He was not aware about the "either or" switch in the FLOM1 which he should have been as a lawyer. That put him in a loosing position that he got. That was not enough but as a masochist he had to return for more beating?
    That was not love, only the illusion of one. Just like with stalkers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123