+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 Recap - The Telltale Heart

Good recap, Bumpkin ~~Thanks!!

Two things: I thought it was really amusing when Eric was sputtering on and on about his big mistake the week before when he said his piece about not being the type to sell his soul for money (or whatever the heck he said). Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill! Erin didn't even appear to know what he was talking about when he was spewing out his apologies and begging her pardon. How he could have felt like that one obsequeous line was enough to totally diminish Erin's feelings for him (whatever they are) was just ridiculous. That guy acts way too desperate.

And how come these poor guys have to suit up in tuxedos every elimination ceremony and Erin gets to pull on some slacks and a top and that's it? In FLOM-1, all the women always dressed up in their finest ball gowns to face the cleaver, yet Erin probably didn't even pack a pair of panty hose this time around. But that top she wore last night .... what the heck was that thing?!?! It looked like a toddler's pink and white satin sailor dress that she put on backwards. Very odd, and not very flattering. And yes, clownish!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Hey, Bumpkin! Great recap. I don't even watch the show, but I feel like I did after reading your excellent account. Well done!
    Wowie! Not only is the great and wonderful Paulie back, but he actually read my recap ... !!! (looking for the falling over in a faint smilie again)

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    Two things: I thought it was really amusing when Eric was sputtering on and on about his big mistake the week before when he said his piece about not being the type to sell his soul for money (or whatever the heck he said). Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill!
    Mimi, I was thinking the *same* thing! A man who is really secure in himself, and in the game, would understand that he had just left a wonderful, sweet and seductive date with Erin a few nights before .. which should have enough of an impression on Erin to last a few days.

As he was going on and on about this and taking to his bed, I kept thinking that his comments probably never even registered with Erin.

The guys at the house must have really chewed on Eric about it tho.

FORT Fogey
    In case you missed it, the spirit of Eddie Haskell overtook Ericís mouth last week as he told Erin that while others may have sold their soul, ďof course I refused the cash.Ē Eric now wants to explain and apologize to Erin.
    Classic! That is who Eric reminded me of, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Wow, Paulie even read your recap, how lucky can a girl get?

Even if the show is a major cheesefest with more cornball lines about "connections" and "chemistry" than any 10 Reality/Dating shows combined, you managed to give it a dignity that it didn't deserve.

Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    As he was going on and on about this and taking to his bed, I kept thinking that his comments probably never even registered with Erin.
    This comment probably did register with Erin but for reasons that should not have occurred to Eric - because she "sold herself" in the same manner and because she's looking for a man who has exactly Eric's attitude towards her and the money (assuming he's sincere).

I wonder if they really believe they are keeping a secret from Erin? How dumb would she have to be not to realize there was a prize involved for the winner if they were all offered cash to leave early?

FORT Newbie

Return of Rob

I CAN NOT believe I missed it. Bumpkin: marvelous job capturing it all and I am with you on the aforementioned eric/erin thing...I have a hardtime keeping them straight when I read. hope she dumps him next.

please please please for those of us without access to TVs orVCRS: describe erin's clown top. I MUST KNOW. be impolite if necessary. off the shoulder? puffy sleeves? midriff baring as is her wont? striped? splashed? pola dotted? was the pink a sickish pept bismol or baby pink or what? I trust your powers of description completely based on the eye squinch telling...I can see erin's face now...

thanks for a great job. anyone know when new Bachelor is due to start?

w.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie
    please please please for those of us without access to TVs orVCRS: describe erin's clown top. I MUST KNOW. be impolite if necessary.
    Woogs -- you know those pictures of aboriginal women in National Geographic that used to titillate when we were kids? The older ladies, who had never had support of any kind and everything had gone south and east/west at the same time?

So it's this pink and white silk camisole contraption, with a bodice worthy of the above mentioned body structure. Course Erin is very petite, and seems to be without augmentive surgery, so there was all this space and structure lost on Erin.

Sigh ... that's the best I can politely come up with. Prize goes to the person that can best describe the top for Woogie
    Last edited by Bumpkin; 08-13-2003 at 09:56 AM.

And with this, cheesy, smarmy Rob Campos, the dopey, groping attorney from For Love or Money,

funny how it wasn't dopey, groping Rob who copped the feel on the ice rink but i totally agree he still deserves this title.

great recap!! nice to see by the other responses that there may have been more than just the 9 of us watching this week.

THE PINK TOP:

As I recall the dumb thing, it was made from a bright white satin. Plunging wide V-neck. Cap sleeves, perhaps? (At least it was hanging onto her shoulders somehow and she wasn't constantly pulling up her top this time around.) It was kind of cinched in at the waist, with a slight 4-inch flare at the bottom around the hips.

Then it had this severely wide, pointy pepto-bismol pink satin collar hanging down the front of it, which was loose enough to flap around as she walked. It didn't seem to be anchored to anything, just kind of slopping over the front of her body, directing the eyes to the white fabric snugly adorning her "cleavage". Worn over (what else?) a pair of black slacks.

And Bumpkin is correct, it's quite obvious Erin has not had breast enhancement surgery, and this top made that abundantly clear.

Too bad I didn't tape the show. I'll bet my description is really way off. I can't imagine I'd ever be any good as a witness to a crime scene ... I'm not usually very good with details. But that's kind of what I remember her top looked like in my feeble little mind. But trust me, Woogie, it was really strange.

Wowie! Not only is the great and wonderful Paulie back, but he actually read my recap ... !!! (looking for the falling over in a faint smilie again)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Wow, Paulie even read your recap, how lucky can a girl get?
    You guys are either teasing, taunting, or flattering me. And I guess it doesn't matter which one. I'll just enjoy the attention.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast