+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Danagabrielle
    I hope it'll be Chad and Rob. Next week, she must get rid of Eric, or I'll...I'll... well...

Yep - same here - let Eric go!!!

I think Chad may be the one but I do like Wade.

Can't wait till Monday.

FORT Fanatic
    Is Trista in love with Ryan as much as she is in love with the fame and publicity this has brought her? For Ryan's sake, I hope so. Then there's the million $ to have your wedding on TV. A wedding where ALL decisions have to be approved by ABC

FORT Regular
    Okay I have to ring in here. Yes, Erin is totally in it for the money, but who can blame her? It's 2 million dollars at stake! Besides, she's already been through this whole ridiculous process already. She knows it's just a stupid gimmicky shallow show. She knows the producers care nothing about the contestants or whether or not they find "true love". If someone offered you 2 million to fool 15 guys into choosing you over money, do you really think this would be a great avenue to meet Mr. Right? Puleeze! At least Erin is a realist. The producers are making a ton of money off of her, why shouldn't she get some of the pie?

As for the whole Rob thing. She DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT choose money over love!!! She chose money over ROB, a creepy socially-impaired guy with absolutely no personality whatsoever, whom she was NOT in love with or even liked. The choice was pretty obvious, don't you think?

As for the whole Rob thing. She DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT choose money over love!!!
    Well, technically, she chose the money "instead of" love, regardless of the cheeseball of affection. And now she's trying to choose MORE money over love, again.

I don't fault her for it, I say grab the money and run, but let's not ascribe any honor to it.

Oh NYGal, you are so cynical about Trista! And I concur! Ryan should run, but alas, it looks like he is smitten, poor thing. I just wonder if she will repeat her vows in babytalk, yuk.

On to FLOM and the actual topic. Do I get a say now that it's down to four? I really think Rob is a non-issue, she didn't like him the first time around and I don't think she will choose him now. While Eric intrigues her for some reason, I think he bites the dust, too and that leaves Wade and Chad. I think she is really attracted to Chad and might just delude herself into choosing him over Wade, who I think is a sure thing to choose her over the money.

I will say this, the editing is great, it doesn't seem to be as heavy handed as the Bachelor.

I'm still trying to figure out why they decided to bring back Rob, seems really dumb to me. Perhaps they are taking lessons from the Arnold Shapiro school of lame twists, lol. When they first started showing Rob in teasers, I thought he was going to be the one to explain the "money or her" codicil. Now it looks like he is going to actually become a suitor and that the others will know there was a past relationship. How to explain their past relationship without telling them it was the same show, different gender. They can't expose the first show to the remaining men or I think they would all take the money. Is there something I'm missing here? Why bring Rob in at all?
    Last edited by Eddiesleg; 08-18-2003 at 05:10 PM.

I just don't want to have to look at or listen to Eric any longer - after that, whatever happens, happens.
    Sing & dance the night away!

I would like her to pick Wade and for him to pick the cash

Erin clearly didn't fancy Rob so it was not a shock that she chose the money.

Erin doesn't strike me as being in possession of the most dazzling of personalities and even if the guy she picks is really physically attracted to her, knowing that she chose him in order to keep the money is likely a huge turn off.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    I would be highly disappointed in Erin if she "went with her heart" (barf) and chose Chad just because she had more chemistry with him. How long has she known this guy? How many dates have they been on? 3? Some chemistry and a small chance that they are compatible is NOT WORTH 2 million dollars!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRealityShow
    I would be highly disappointed in Erin if she "went with her heart" (barf) and chose Chad just because she had more chemistry with him. How long has she known this guy? How many dates have they been on? 3? Some chemistry and a small chance that they are compatible is NOT WORTH 2 million dollars!
    Something that hasn't been talked about much here is the third "prize" in all of this.

It isn't just a choice between love or money. There is also the public persona that one will have based upon the choice one makes.

Look at the way that Erin is villified on this board as a money-grubber, because of her choice to take the money.

If I was on the hot-spot of having to pick a million $ or Erin (and if I had spent the last 6 weeks swearing the depth of my feelings to her on Nat'l TV) I'd be damn careful about the choice I made - regardless of whether I thought our "relationship" might be real.

Quite simply, if I'm portrayed on Nat'l TV as the type of guy who will dump a girl the moment that something better comes along (ie in this case $1m) then the chances of my ever getting laid again will take a turn for the worse.

Of course, if I need the money then I'll live with that. But if a guy is financially secure, I reckon it bears careful thought about the consequences of taking the money.

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    Quite simply, if I'm portrayed on Nat'l TV as the type of guy who will dump a girl the moment that something better comes along (ie in this case $1m) then the chances of my ever getting laid again will take a turn for the worse.
    Do you really think becoming an available millionaire is going to make you less desireable? You don't know women very well do you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast