+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About that hot tub scene...

FORT Newbie

About that hot tub scene...

I dunno, on *my* tv (which admittedly, has an incredibly poor picture), that hot tub scene didn't look all that steamy to me. Maybe I missed something, but I thought Erin didn't seem as into the kissing as she did earlier w/Chad. In fact, she seemed a little reluctant to even touch Eric. Yet, I've read a couple of other reviews of this episode (because...well, I *have* no life...) and people are saying "ooh, wow! very hot and steamy...may have violated FLOM2's "no sex" clause" etc. What do y'all think?

Wow. I must have been too busy scribbling notes

If NBC's recap called it steamy, you can be sure it wasn't.

Interesting that there are discussions about violating the 'no sex' clause. My thinking was that it was edited to seem more romantic and steamy than it actually was, but I could be wrong ..

I believe you are NOT wrong Bumpkin! It's ALWAYS about the editing!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum
    I dunno, on *my* tv (which admittedly, has an incredibly poor picture), that hot tub scene didn't look all that steamy to me. Maybe I missed something, but I thought Erin didn't seem as into the kissing as she did earlier w/Chad. In fact, she seemed a little reluctant to even touch Eric. Yet, I've read a couple of other reviews of this episode (because...well, I *have* no life...) and people are saying "ooh, wow! very hot and steamy...may have violated FLOM2's "no sex" clause" etc. What do y'all think?
    Well, Erin invited Eric for dinner and then agreed to get into hot tub with him. With that in mind, I am assuming she did want to get more intimate with Eric. Steamy or not, let's not forget it was all her initiative.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Well, Erin invited Eric for dinner and then agreed to get into hot tub with him. With that in mind, I am assuming she did want to get more intimate with Eric. Steamy or not, let's not forget it was all her initiative.

The producers set up what the acitivites are going to be. If that was not the case do you think that a contestant could say "and now we are going to go sky diving" And the producers would quick make some calls and set it up. Often a contestant says "and then I thought it would be nice for us to go to the zoo together to see how he/she interacts in crowds" or some such thing. That is just a sound bite, one of several the contestant has taped for the eventual editing. The producers are there asking the quesitions the contestant is taught from the start to respond in the form of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    The producers set up what the acitivites are going to be. If that was not the case do you think that a contestant could say "and now we are going to go sky diving" And the producers would quick make some calls and set it up. Often a contestant says "and then I thought it would be nice for us to go to the zoo together to see how he/she interacts in crowds" or some such thing. That is just a sound bite, one of several the contestant has taped for the eventual editing. The producers are there asking the quesitions the contestant is taught from the start to respond in the form of statements.
    Are you trying to say that Erin has no say in any of this? Did the producers choose Eric for one-on-one dinner? Did the producers put Eric's tongue in Erin's mouth too?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Are you trying to say that Erin has no say in any of this? Did the producers choose Eric for one-on-one dinner? Did the producers put Eric's tongue in Erin's mouth too?

No, I am saying that the producers set up what the activities are going to be. The producers also talk with the contestants about their choices in every activity before they make the choices on camera. If a choice goes significantly against what the producers see as working for the show they will "consult" at length with the contestant. I am not guessing at this and thought someone reading would find it interesting know.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    No, I am saying that the producers set up what the activities are going to be. The producers also talk with the contestants about their choices in every activity before they make the choices on camera. If a choice goes significantly against what the producers see as working for the show they will "consult" at length with the contestant. I am not guessing at this and thought someone reading would find it interesting know.

That makes sense. Could it be as simple as the producers told Erin that if she wanted to continue the date after dinner she and "her chosen dinner mate" could spend some time in the hot tub? Then it could be her decision if she wants to do that. She'd just ask him at the end of dinner or not ask him. (Or maybe the producers could strongly suggest that she invite her guest into the hot tub, something like that.)

+ Reply to Thread