+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 4 Recap: For What Shall it Profit a Man?

Thanks for the recap Bumpkin. Appreciate you sitting through the torture. Love the humour. Will not get to see the next two weeks shows as am going camping..... no TV (withdrawal). Look forward to your recaps. I will try taping them but with NBC's habit of adding time, or horror of horrors changing the regular slotted time you never know.

It is obvious that Erin has not developed any true feelings for any of the men, and probably never intended to even try. She is just playing the game with whichever one displays any sort of affection (cough, cough, gag, choke....) toward her. She is playing these men 100% so they will be so enamoured with her that they will choose her over the money. Pleeeeaaaassssseeee!!! I recall from FLOM 1 that initially she was very reserved around Rob (no kissing, no show of affection) because she claimed she was not developing any feelings for him. Yet toward the end when the money loomed closer was willing to "pretend" some feelings to ultimately win the $1million. But with FLOM 2 she is more than willing to display these exact traits when there is $2million at stake. The kissing scenes (Yuk! Eric), and her comments to certain men that she has some kind of attraction to them will hopefully (to her way of thinking) convince one of these guys that she will choose them and they will be so emotionally attached that when they learn of the choice of the money or Erin they will choose her. I hope she chooses Eric because I believe they are both playing the same game. I have to admit that I cringe and grind my teeth (my dentist will love me) whenever Eric starts spouting his famous charming lines to Erin. Hopefully, she won't choose Greg, Chad, or Wade - as I am afraid they may choose her over the money only to be dumped when Erin gets her $2million. I am hoping these men will be told of Erin's deception before they have to make their choice, and will be so upset over the lies, lies, lies, they will not want anything to do with Erin.

Time to get off my soapbox and head out into the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H
    I'm a FORT newcomer who just wants to echo the rest of the praise here: Great--and very funny--recap, Bumpkin!

But if Wade is obvious, Eric is odious: smarmy and way too impressed with himself--and then there's that girly face that someone else mentioned.
    Thanks for the good words, Jeff. They mean a lot to me.

I guess for those of us who were rooting for Eric on MMF, we just saw a different side of him on that show. If I had only ever seen Eric on FLOM2, then I would have to agree about the smarmy-ness.

The contrast we've seen in the two 'characters' we've seen on two different shows is really striking. I'm not sure what to make of it. I said earlier in Eric's thread that I think he walked away from MMF thinking he should have been more agressive - and is determined to make up for lost time here.

And Jeff H, to the FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by proudnewf
    Time to get off my soapbox and head out into the real world.
    Proud -- to OBSESSION!

Not, of course, with this show, but with the FORT!

I agree, Erin strikes me as being a very calculating young woman. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose.

And I think Eric is equally as calculating. Which may prove to be great fun, if Erin picks Eric -- for all his posturing, I frankly have no idea what Eric is going to do....

By the way, folks. Try typing Eric and Erin three times fast. Geesh.

Momma - you are making me famous!

FORT Newbie
    I know Eric personally and he is a great guy. Its sad that NBC is portraying him as this manipulative guy when he is far from it. I wish NBC would take these guys seriously and air what is said and not take bits and pieces to make them look bad and decietful just to get good ratings. Eric is a sweet and amazing man!!

Quote Originally Posted by cox13
    I know Eric personally and he is a great guy. Its sad that NBC is portraying him as this manipulative guy when he is far from it. I wish NBC would take these guys seriously and air what is said and not take bits and pieces to make them look bad and decietful just to get good ratings. Eric is a sweet and amazing man!!
    Cox, to the FORT! We're glad to have you join us.

We do understand that these shows are highly edited - and I know it must be frustrating when you know a contestant personally to see only a distorted image of them on television.

Well, I just read the recap a second time (have to refresh my memory before tonight's show!), and it's even funnier the second go-round. Wonderful job, Bumpkin!

Jim
    MAUI,rarely seen on the mainland,1 lady I'm interested in

Hello Bumpkin!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    I should credit the *real* Mr. Obvious. Click here for one of my very favorite Mr. Obvious bits.
    HELLO,I'M NEW TO THIS SITE.I enjoyed your interview....Jim.........

i'm new to the site also,but i have to agree with everyone else.you did an excellent job recapping bumpkin.i know i feel better reading it since my vcr didn't get the last 10+ mins of it.i was about to cry when it cut off with only two men left standing.i had tears in my eyes.i want to see erin's face as she was dissed for a mere 10 grand.but then again she knows how rob feels.well almost knows.oh well i just want to get my 2 cents in.keep up the great work and you never know,nbc might be calling you for flom3.

Great recap - I'm catching up on 3 weeks. Thanks for taking such time. From what I'm hearing - I don't like this Eric guy much anymore.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12