+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rob Campos: He's Baaaacccckkk!

What if Rob's at the mansion to spend time with the remaining guys & give his opinion to Erin? (Not sure she'll care but anyway....). Kinda like when the bachelor & bachelorette had their friends (and I use that word loosely) meet & tell what they thought of the remaining hopefuls.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    If someone has mentioned this, forgive me!

Saw the promo today and they clearly state that Rob is being tossed into the mix to compete for Erin's affection.

No idea how that is going to work but more power to them!
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Newbie
    The way that interview reads... it appears he's only back in the house to get another chance with Erin. He states that he had to pretend that he's never been there before, etc. Sounds like he's just another contestant... same as the other guys who are left.

FORT Newbie
    All I got to say is that I am GLAD that ROB is BACK!!! I agree with you as well as to him not picking PAIGE...He was in this FOR LOVE and not money...Erin just seems to be REALLY GREEDY girl..I let it slide that she went for the money instead of Rob...But the FACT that she is doing a 2nd show and doing it to double her money, just seems wrong...But what ever makes Erin happy , I guess.

Poor Rob. I think he's going to be humiliated again.

IF, and that's a big IF, Erin were to pick Rob, I think Rob would go for Erin instead of the money. BUT why would she pick him? Erin didn't click with Rob the first time. She was distant and cold with him, and it was pretty obvious that She was in it for the money, imo.

And I think she's still in it for the money.

FORT Newbie

What is Rob thinking?

I am not Rob, but I am sure, I, and many others on here, men and women, have been in his position. His position is one of getting a second chance of winning the heart of the women that he feels is possibly his soulmate. If you had a second chance to spend the rest of your life with your soulmate, would you not go for it. I met my soulmate but it never worked out. I will meet other women, but my soulmate is gone FOREVER! So I take my hat off to Rob. Even if he does not get Erin, he can at least spend the rest of his life at peace with himself. At peace because he tried, which is much better than not trying at all. For Love or Money, when you meet your soulmate, is easy. It's for LOVE

in banana world
    Umm, ok, except that I don't think Rob is there to win Erin's heart. I think he is there to win the money. However, we all know Erin won't chose him, NBC knew that when they asked him to come back, but they wanted to stir things up a bit, and they sure did.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by howardmarshal
    I am not Rob, but I am sure, I, and many others on here, men and women, have been in his position. His position is one of getting a second chance of winning the heart of the women that he feels is possibly his soulmate. If you had a second chance to spend the rest of your life with your soulmate, would you not go for it. I met my soulmate but it never worked out. I will meet other women, but my soulmate is gone FOREVER! So I take my hat off to Rob. Even if he does not get Erin, he can at least spend the rest of his life at peace with himself. At peace because he tried, which is much better than not trying at all. For Love or Money, when you meet your soulmate, is easy. It's for LOVE
    I'm guessing I'm a bit older than you are (cuz I'm so incredibly ancient, the odds are really good), so as an "older woman" let me just offer this as food for thought. My thinking on the whole "soulmate" issue is that there are actually a number of people out there that, if you met and got to know them, you would find so compatible, so attractive, so perfect for you, that you would label them your "soulmate". I don't believe there's only ONE soulmate out there for you. Look at the numbers. There are billions of people in the world. Millions in this country. About half of them are the gender that interests you. Are you going to have to sift through a lot of people before you find "a soulmate"? No doubt. But you are very, very likely to find someone with whom you are compatible, someone you'll call your soulmate, if you keep looking. But it's hard to see with all those tears in your eyes!

Yeah, the idea of a "one and only" soulmate is romantic, and to some, appealing, but I'll take practicality and statistics over the soulmate theory anyday. It's a much more promising view, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum
    I'm guessing I'm a bit older than you are (cuz I'm so incredibly ancient, the odds are really good), so as an "older woman" let me just offer this as food for thought. My thinking on the whole "soulmate" issue is that there are actually a number of people out there that, if you met and got to know them, you would find so compatible, so attractive, so perfect for you, that you would label them your "soulmate". I don't believe there's only ONE soulmate out there for you. Look at the numbers. There are billions of people in the world. Millions in this country. About half of them are the gender that interests you. Are you going to have to sift through a lot of people before you find "a soulmate"? No doubt. But you are very, very likely to find someone with whom you are compatible, someone you'll call your soulmate, if you keep looking. But it's hard to see with all those tears in your eyes!

Yeah, the idea of a "one and only" soulmate is romantic, and to some, appealing, but I'll take practicality and statistics over the soulmate theory anyday. It's a much more promising view, IMO!

I'm guessing I'm in your age range. I agree with you. The whole romance thing has been Hollywoodized beyond control. With so many people convinced there's a soul mate out there, they're overlooking some wonderful potential life partners because everything isn't perfect.

I don't know how much more clear Erin could make it that she isn't interested in Rob. And I don't think Rob's really interested in Erin as much as the money (either the big prize or whatever they've paid him to come back) or the fame. Pursuing somebody who's just not interested and thinking you can turn them around (which isn't the case here, I don't believe, but I think the earlier poster thinks this is a romantic notion) is the basis of every romantic comedy: boy meets girl, girl hates boy, boy perseveres (makes a pest of himself), boy wins girl. It leaves people with the idea that all you have to do is keep after someone and they'll finally SEE you and fall in love. Life isn't like that. That's a recipe for a stalker.

I agree with Bunnymum. There is no such thing as a soulmate. There are, however, people with whom one is compatible, and therefore things could work.
    But you need to remember: it takes two to build a loving relationship, and if Erin doesn't want Rob, (which so far we can safely say she doesn't), there is nothing he can do to "make her love him". THere is no such thing.
    Also, I personally think most of these people just want more air time on TV (especially Eric), so this could be Rob's pathetic attempt to gain fame.

Erin is no better. It's obvious she is gambling for fame. Because you know what? Yesterday I read the disclaimer at the end of the show and saw that the two million are to be paid over a 40 year annuity. That is 50 thousand a year - which is moderately decent for a single person - but if she wants to become a millionaire in order to "help her family" as she's claimed before, she'd either have to:
    1) be successful in a profitable career, or
    2) become super famous, or
    3) win the lottery, or
    3) marry a very rich man

And sure, she can do that, I wish her all the luck.

Thanks for reading my rambling.
    Fernie4

+ Reply to Thread