+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacation in California

Vacation in California

My family is planning a vacation in California. Watching this show I see many beautiful places that are on all driving distance from each other. We are interested in all possible adventures during the day and all romantic spots we could find in the evening. Can anybody name the places they were taking people to for their dates on this show, please?

Thanks in advance.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

One of the places they went to was the Hollywood Bowl. I seriously doubt they're going to let you have a picnic on the grounds, though.

It would help if you could tell us how old the kiddos are (you did say family?). There are lots of fabulous places to visit there, but some may not be of much interest to smaller children. One of my favorite places is the Huntington Gardens outside of Pasadena. I could spend hours there combing through the grounds and enjoying the spectacular gardens and art work, but I'm quite sure young children would be bored out of their minds. It also depends on what part of the state you'll be in ... L.A. area? San Diego? Orange County? San Francisco perhaps? If you could narrow it down just a wee bit more, it would be much easier to make suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    One of the places they went to was the Hollywood Bowl. I seriously doubt they're going to let you have a picnic on the grounds, though.

It would help if you could tell us how old the kiddos are (you did say family?). There are lots of fabulous places to visit there, but some may not be of much interest to smaller children. One of my favorite places is the Huntington Gardens outside of Pasadena. I could spend hours there combing through the grounds and enjoying the spectacular gardens and art work, but I'm quite sure young children would be bored out of their minds. It also depends on what part of the state you'll be in ... L.A. area? San Diego? Orange County? San Francisco perhaps? If you could narrow it down just a wee bit more, it would be much easier to make suggestions.
    Thanks alot for the info. My kid is 5. It's going to be 3 of us ages 5-35.
    During the day the child will be with us. But in the evening, if around Frisco or LA, we have relatives/friends to leave the kid with.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Fogey

California here you come!

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Thanks alot for the info. My kid is 5. It's going to be 3 of us ages 5-35.
    During the day the child will be with us. But in the evening, if around Frisco or LA, we have relatives/friends to leave the kid with.
    Words of caution and advice: NEVER say "Frisco" when you are in or around the Bay Area. The natives will dismember you and throw your body over the Golden Gate!

Don't forget to drive Sunset Blvd. from one end of L.A. to the other. It is one of the oldest streets that bisects the city and the ride is windy (meaning it winds around curves although it could also be windy if the Santa Anas are blowing) and beautiful. It takes you from East L.A. where the City was founded (why the hell they ended up there after trudging up El Camino Real all along the Ocean is beyond me), to the magnificent Pacific! You will see the gates of Bel-Air as you're heading west, where the FLOM house is.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Words of caution and advice: NEVER say "Frisco" when you are in or around the Bay Area. The natives will dismember you and throw your body over the Golden Gate!
    Really? Thanks.

Don't forget to drive Sunset Blvd. from one end of L.A. to the other. It is one of the oldest streets that bisects the city and the ride is windy (meaning it winds around curves although it could also be windy if the Santa Anas are blowing) and beautiful. It takes you from East L.A. where the City was founded (why the hell they ended up there after trudging up El Camino Real all along the Ocean is beyond me), to the magnificent Pacific! You will see the gates of Bel-Air as you're heading west, where the FLOM house is.

Enjoy!
    We've been to California a few times but only visited friends and family. At this time, we would like to rent a car and drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco(am I a quick learner or what?). Watching FLOM I noticed many beautiful places I would like to stop in but need to know exactly what to look for on a map. Any info is helpful.

Be sure to drive up the coast highway. It is a beautiful drive. It will also take way longer than you expect it to.

In S Ca take the VIP tour of Warner Bros. It is expensive but there are only 8 or 10 people on each tour. If you have a special interest tell the tour guide and they will try their best to fit it in. Even employees go on the tour to see areas they don't ordinarily come into contact with on a daily basis. You will see rehearsal of shows if any are going on while you are there. Itis a good tour, very different than Universal because this is a tour of the actual working lot. SO there will not be any tidal waves or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    Be sure to drive up the coast highway. It is a beautiful drive. It will also take way longer than you expect it to.

In S Ca take the VIP tour of Warner Bros. It is expensive but there are only 8 or 10 people on each tour. If you have a special interest tell the tour guide and they will try their best to fit it in. Even employees go on the tour to see areas they don't ordinarily come into contact with on a daily basis. You will see rehearsal of shows if any are going on while you are there. Itis a good tour, very different than Universal because this is a tour of the actual working lot. SO there will not be any tidal waves or anything.
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread