+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why is Erin moving to Los Angeles?

  1. #1
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450

    Why is Erin moving to Los Angeles?

    <>

    Does anybody know what she is up to?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central Coast
    Posts
    1,633
    Two words: Show Biz

    Like those lightweights who went before her who believe that their 15 minutes haven't elapsed, she probably thinks she can make a career of being Sandra Bullock's body double. And Sandra B. is not all that!

    This is strictly conjecture on my part, but I don't think I'm far off.

  3. #3
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Two words: Show Biz

    Like those lightweights who went before her who believe that their 15 minutes haven't elapsed, she probably thinks she can make a career of being Sandra Bullock's body double. And Sandra B. is not all that!

    This is strictly conjecture on my part, but I don't think I'm far off.
    Doesn't it mean she lost the bet?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

  4. #4
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450

    Just proves my point!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Doesn't it mean she lost the bet?
    "Does Erin Brodie, the winner of NBC's first For Love Or Money, who threw a check for about $465,000 into the fire for a chance to double her money (or meet her real soulmate) in For Love Or Money 2, find love at the end of the show? Or does she win the dough and dump her beau? Or does she walk away with nothing more than lint in her pockets? We don't know. However, we do know, according to the Los Altos (CA) Town Crier, that Erin is now moving to Los Angeles, to "explore opportunities in the entertainment field."

    Erin, a lifelong resident of Silicon Valley, lost her four-year managerial job at Advent Software, which she had kept through the software boom and bust times, because of her extended leave from work to do both For Love Or Money shows. Instead of looking for a new job in the Valley, she has decided to switch careers and hometowns.

    With her family background, plus her looks, plus her own athletic experience (tennis, swimming, soccer), plus her degree from USC in communications and television production, we believe that Erin may well have a future career in TV sports broadcasting at the very least. However, we can't help but note two things:

    (1) this decision makes it perfectly clear that Erin really didn't "need the money for her parents" ... no matter what she told Rob Campos

    (2) unless her selected guy is from L.A. or the Southland and she's moving to be near him, like Trista Rehn from ABC's The Bachelorette, it may be the case that Erin does NOT find true love in FLOM 2."

    http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ticle&sid=1495
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

  5. #5
    I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    496
    Remember, Erin already has a deal with NBC in the form of her compensation, win or lose.

    Plus, her family is richer than Croesus, so she was never hurting for cash (no one walks away from a software job in this economy without having some really good backup).

    It sounds as if she's doing just what Paige is doing... moving to LA to become a superstar...

    I love that the articles on her all state that she never had any interest in celebrity or showbiz... but just happened to major in Television Communications at USC. Lots of people major in that because they want to be software managers, I hear...
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

  6. #6
    I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    (2) unless her selected guy is from L.A. or the Southland and she's moving to be near him, like Trista Rehn from ABC's The Bachelorette, it may be the case that Erin does NOT find true love in FLOM 2."

    http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...ticle&sid=1495
    Stupid question... didn't Trista move to LA specifically to be in showbiz, even tho the guy she picked still lived in Aspen? They make it sound like she moved next door...

    And I really don't think anyone is going to be shocked to find out Erin does not end up with any of the remaining guys... she was in it for the fame from the beginning. The way it's set up now, there's only one person left she could possibly end up with and NOT be stuck in a doomed long-distance relationship: Vic. All the other guys have jobs and careers that keep them in other parts of the country... Vic is the only one near LA.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

  7. #7
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Stupid question... didn't Trista move to LA specifically to be in showbiz, even tho the guy she picked still lived in Aspen? They make it sound like she moved next door...

    And I really don't think anyone is going to be shocked to find out Erin does not end up with any of the remaining guys... she was in it for the fame from the beginning. The way it's set up now, there's only one person left she could possibly end up with and NOT be stuck in a doomed long-distance relationship: Vic. All the other guys have jobs and careers that keep them in other parts of the country... Vic is the only one near LA.
    Or he is mobile too -- like a salesman for a family owned business would be.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

  8. #8
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,773
    What a horrifying thought. All of our future blockbuster movies overrun with reality TV hasbeens. Super.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.