View Poll Results: Which Contestant Will Take the Money and Run?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chad V.

2 5.00%
  • Eric

10 25.00%
  • Greg

5 12.50%
  • Vic

18 45.00%
  • Wade

5 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Contestant Will Take the Money and Run?

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    Now where did I put my fire retardant panties? I'm sure I'm about to get flamed on pretty badly here ...
    nah, they are all over in the LCS forum or watching paradise hotel. You're safe. Bash away.

*but we're off topic*

Hey, hey, calm down now, you two! Surely you must have realized I was kidding. I certainly am not a hopeless romantic; however, I did feel really bad for Rob when he got the shaft from Erin. And I am actually cracking up thinking about the expression on his face when he was looking down at her from the "pulpit" at the end of last night's show. (Et tu, Brutus? )

Erin is not looking for true love. The way she hung onto that fake check and then reluctantly tossed it into the fire only because she knew she had a chance to double it simply if she could lure a poor hapless man into her lair made it all too apparent she's trying to make some easy money and get her 30 minutes of fame.

.... And I'm sure she's a really, really wonderful, fabulous, sweet, genuine, awesome, fun, loyal, etc., etc., etc., person, so I don't need to hear any flak from any of her friends and relatives. I'm just stating the facts as I perceive them. I think that's called an opinion. I would be ashamed if my daughter willingly and knowingly went on national TV with the express intention of tricking a man into falling in love with her so she could cash in. It's wrong, it's cruel, and it's really not a very nice thing to do.

Now where did I put my fire retardant panties? I'm sure I'm about to get flamed on pretty badly here ...
    As much as I want to agree with you, I cannot. Erin is 30-31 years old female who spent 5 years of her life dating the wrong guy, lost her job and made everybody think she was a gold digger (which I personally disagree with). It is her time to prove to the whole world she can genuinely fall in love, make somebody happy to marry her on national TV and possibly built a carrier out it. Sounds like a doable plan to me, don't you agree?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Fogey
    Hey, hey, calm down now, you two! Surely you must have realized I was kidding.
    Of course I knew you were kidding, but did you know I was kidding?

Now let's return the thread to its rightful owner.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Now let's return the thread to its rightful owner.
    Yer bumpin the sticky on my recap!

Well, we already know that taking the money does not mean "never see her again". Rob and Erin will be reunited. So why not choose money and later on, if he/she wishes, get together. Of course, anybody would prefer 1M in his pocket than 2M in her pocket, to say the least.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    There's a TV Guide interview with Campos that gives away the critical info here... apparently the guy who walks away does it for just $10K.

No word on how many years the annuity is distributed over.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    There's a TV Guide interview with Campos that gives away the critical info here... apparently the guy who walks away does it for just $10K.

No word on how many years the annuity is distributed over.
    Can you give us a link to that interview?

$10,000.00 in the hand is worth $1,000,000.00 in the bush.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

TVGO: What was life like, after Smoking Gun's exposť on you?
    Campos: It was unpleasant. It makes you realize how much of what's reported in the media isn't true. Not to compare myself to Kobe Bryant, but things are said, and you want to respond, but you can't respond to every little thing. It was hard. For a week there, I was freaking out a little bit. But I know who I am, and I don't need Smoking Gun to tell me what kind of person I am or spread lies about me. Some of it's true, some of it isn't.
    Poor Rob! He has been misrepresented by the media.

He is absolutely right. He does not need the Smoking Gun to tell him or us what kind of person he is. He showed his true colors when he got drunk and treated the ladies in a disgusting and disrespectful way. Oh sure, he apologized for his behavior. I have no doubt he apologized for his behavior when he was in the military too. He did not learn from his mistake, and even worse, he repeated it. Apologies only go so far. Actions will always speak louder than words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast