+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Of These Contestants Will Be NBC's Next Star?

Which Of These Contestants Will Be NBC's Next Star?

With the way NBC is recycling contestants, (Eric to FLOM2 from MMF; Erin to FLOM2 from FLOM1; Melana Scantlin from MMF to Average Joe), who do you suppose NBC might pluck from *this* season to appear in the next big reality tv series?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    I've heard that Erin already has a contract with NBC that has her locked up for few years, so don't be surprised if she suddenly crosses over in a fit of network synergy (which, by the way, is a terrible condition, and you need not suffer in silence anymore! If you or someone you know is afflicted by network synergy, call Glaxo-Wellcome and ask about new Overhypatrin!)
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

My picks:

Eric is on NBC show two, so he's out. At least for the time being.

Chris - is a hunky goodlooking guy, but he's definitely out.

Greg - If he makes it to the final two, I'd say he has a good chance at FLOM3.

Richard - At least he wouldn't be the social embarrasment that Rob Campos was. And I'll bet he could come up with something better than, "your dress matches the rug."

Wade - wrestling session excepted, he looks great and manoman can this guy talk! They'd have no real shortage of confessional material.

Bumpkin's predictions:
    Greg to FLOM3
    Richard or Wade to a new, yet to be announced show

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    My picks:

Eric is on NBC show two, so he's out. At least for the time being.

Chris - is a hunky goodlooking guy, but he's definitely out.

Greg - If he makes it to the final two, I'd say he has a good chance at FLOM3.

Richard - At least he wouldn't be the social embarrasment that Rob Campos was. And I'll bet he could come up with something better than, "your dress matches the rug."

Wade - wrestling session excepted, he looks great and manoman can this guy talk! They'd have no real shortage of confessional material.

Bumpkin's predictions:
    Greg to FLOM3
    Richard or Wade to a new, yet to be announced show
    I personally doubt the FLOM3. All the twists are discovered already. What's the point? I don't think anybody will want to see the same thing for the third time. I am 100% positive FLOM2 will end up with romance and the next thing is a wedding for Erin and Mister X, but Erin actually needs to propose.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Yeah... don't count on a FLOM3. The reunion show has been tabled, so I would guess the network is in no hurry to do this all over again.

How about Munch on "Queer Eye"? He'd be PERFECT for a makeover (hope you're reading this, buddy! They can work wonders with you, you hunka hunka burning love!
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Newbie
    FLOM3??? I don't know if I can handle it. I'm a medical nightmare already from the "literally heartpounding" finale of FLOM1, and the never-ending twists, retwists, megatwists, and double-crossing half-twists with a pot-shot on the side. (sounds like something you'd hear at the drive-through at Starbucks...)

Surely they're not doing FLOM3? Given that the whole premise of the show is deception, I'm not sure it could work at this point.

However, to answer the question posed, I'd really like to see more of one of these guys who has a sense of humor, perhaps our own Sean, or Dan. I continue to marvel at the choice of Rob for FLOM1, sheesh!

It's funny how the *very idea* of FLOM3 incites panic attacks

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    How about Munch on "Queer Eye"? He'd be PERFECT for a makeover (hope you're reading this, buddy! They can work wonders with you, you hunka hunka burning love!
    Crossing over figuratively here my self. Queer Eye for the Straight guy is a really good funny show. The 5 Q guys commentary is just great, had me laughing out loud.

FLOM 3 could definitely be done, if Joe Millionaire 2 can be--and probably much better because of the lack of the need for a "rich guy" act. The rules just have to be mixed up so much that the apparent gambit is more mysterious. My idea would be to do the multiple Bachelor approach. Two Bachelors (assuming its back to female contestants), with one having a money prize associated and one not--and the secret of which not to be disclosed. That recreates the tension in a new and potentially even sneakier way. Also, other possible sneakiness with contestants who come on specifically having agreed to no monetary award, and the Bachelors not knowing THAT, or at least which ones promised that, and not being allowed to directly ask if they are later told about it.

Aaah Krom .. you've crossed over to the dark side! Mwahahaa ..

Glad to have your insight over here in FLOMville.

(hugs)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast