+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Of These Contestants Will Be NBC's Next Star?

Money and ratings are a big pull. FLOM3 ain't a stretch, since the themes of love vs. money are malleable. It's a less limited formula than Joe Millionaire, unless of course JM drops the pretense of a contestant actually previously being rich and takes the exact same road as possible future FLOMs I've suggested, or does the "Rich Guy, Poor Guy" thing--which is still pretty similar. FLOM3 doesn't have to pretend anybody is already rich, just hide who is in it for the money.

I can see them tweaking the show in a way to make a third series possible, if ratings warrant it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Save us from FLOM 3!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I can see them tweaking the show in a way to make a third series possible, if ratings warrant it.
    I just watched the show and was thinking all the while, "I am so sick of hearing the same old crap over and over again. Does this show have legs?" (besides Erin's that is?)

Erin is getting as boring as Rob was. Her stilted dialogue to each would-be suitor is awkward and embarrassing. I'm not blaming her, I'm sure she is coached in what to say.

I have noticed one thing -- the longer the speech, the more likely it is that the guy will be rejected.

What can they do differently? This is only a weak clone of "The Bachelor" and not half as good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    What can they do differently? This is only a weak clone of "The Bachelor" and not half as good.
    That's why they keep adding the twists.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Fan
    LOL>>> I happen to love this classless show...it is sooo relaxing...the mansion, the uptight host, the silly speeches....I really enjoy it

I also like erin and some of the guys and I liked a lot of the gals...I think they could pull off another show...I like your twists Krom

also some of them might be recycled...

and the twist Krom suggests is sort of like the "boy meets boy" he doesnt know which of them are straight or gay right?? well on the new flom3 the people choosing would not know which ones have a price tag on their heart or not ???

the ratings seem to be great, I am sure the show is relatively cheap to produce, and I bet they will do it all over again as a mid season filler when a sit com or drama tanks JMO

(and I bet I will be there...watching haha)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12