+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Love or Money 2 - The Love of Money is the Root of All Evil 07/21

Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    Nice job, Bumpkin. You managed to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.
    genericwife. I thought it was because I haven't been feeling well that I couldn't pull together any passion for this episode! Now I know I was creating a masterful culinary delight!

Quote Originally Posted by Raina
    But what about Chad F. ? He is one of my favorites too--handsome, laid back, and seems to be somewhat of a problem solver and peacemaker behind the scenes. All we get to see about him is his smile. I think he needs more air time.
    We didn't get to see much of Erin in the beginning of FLOM1 and she was always portrayed in as neutral a way as possible, which seems to be the trend with the winners of these dating shows. Chad's lack of airtime could be a sign of his staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Greg has a ton of things going for him so far...

he's patient and subtle (leaving the hot tub)
    overtly chivalrous, but in a sneakily sexy way (that damn piggyback ride... that is an even better move than my usual 'drag the girl by the hair and open her car door for her')
    he's the most mature (34, and owns own business)
    financially secure
    southern manners

BUT... let's not forget the distance. Has any reality show ever ended with a cross-country connection? He's already set up in North Carolina, and it's not like you can pull up stakes on real estate and set up in a new place (like Hollywood, or the Valley, or wherever the hell Erin ends up). Plus, as an ancient caveman myself, I know that when you hit your 30s, you really shy away from long-distance relationships, knowing now what you didn't know when you were young, pretty and dumb... the distance makes it impossible... you either need the commitment, or need plans for someone to move.

So take all those qualities, lessen them a little, add longer hair on top and place the guy in Erin's hometown and who do you have for a favorite? The lovely and talented Chad V.
    These are all valid points my friend, however, let's not forget about Erin's purpose. She's not there looking for love, she's there thinking about a $2MILLION Dollar payday. She's looking for a guy that's going to choose her over the $1 Million. She's going to have a lot opportunities for dating at the conclusion of this show... Erin's comment in the first show was the tell all, "Smart Girls Finish Rich". Keep her outcome in sight...

Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    Also, I'm wondering if someone can help me out with something. I was watching this show with one eye closed and not paying real close attention, but I think I recall Greg saying something very early on, like 15 minutes into the show, about Erin's decision based on money. I was wishing I had taped it because I wanted to hear it again. It almost sounded as if Greg knew that Erin was waging money against their choices. Now I'm assuming NBC wouldn't have goofed up and let something like that slip in, but now I'm wondering what the heck it was that I thought I heard him say. Bumpkin, did you tape it, and if so, did he say something strange like that? Or do I need to stop smoking crack while I watch these reality shows?
    My recollection is that he was talking about keeping the secret of the million dollars from her and that if she had a secret about money she would do the same thing, not tell the guys about it. I remember laughing because that is exactly what is happening!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    genericwife. I thought it was because I haven't been feeling well that I couldn't pull together any passion for this episode! Now I know I was creating a masterful culinary delight!
    The reason you don't feel any passion for the show is probably because this show has not been very good so far. Did you become ill before or after viewing it?

I really wish I would have been able to tape the show so I could fast forward through all of the commercials. It is too bad NBC doesn't place the same effort in the viewers as it does to plugging future shows. Do we really need to be reminded more than twice that "Racing to the Alter" starts soon?

I have hope the show will improve once Erin gets a little one on one time with each of the guys. The viewers will probably be subjected to a bazillion commercials, but maybe the content of the show will improve.

Good job on the recap, Bumpkin.
    The show is somewhat boring, but since I did start watching it from the beginning, I might as well watch the whole thing. Hope it livens up a bit, though.

Greg and Wade are my picks so far.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard G.
    These are all valid points my friend, however, let's not forget about Erin's purpose. She's not there looking for love, she's there thinking about a $2MILLION Dollar payday. She's looking for a guy that's going to choose her over the $1 Million. She's going to have a lot opportunities for dating at the conclusion of this show... Erin's comment in the first show was the tell all, "Smart Girls Finish Rich". Keep her outcome in sight...
    Richard, I agree with you 100%! Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard G.
    I think Erin is hoping against hope that she can choose someone she likes as well as someone who will make her wealthy. Her comment about not being able to see herself going on the talkshow circuit with Rob sounded like she would have paid NBC $1 million not to ever have to see that man again. Fortunately for her, I can't imagine any one of these 15 guys being as lacklustre as Rob.

FORT Fogey

Once upon a FLOM...

As the date ended the group walked back to the mansion carrying torches. In one spot, the rising tide left only a rocky path, and Greg gallantly offered Erin a piggyback ride across. This scored points with Erin and left the others mentally kicking themselves for not having thought of it first.
    Lest we forget, the chivalrous Rob was the first man to carry Erin down a sandy slope. That princess is so spoiled.
    Dear Eric. We know from your Meet My Folks appearance that you were still a virgin during that filming. So tell me, just what kind of books .. er, publications, have you been reading to encourage that particular opinion?
    I knew he looked familiar. We don't have enough reality show aspirants? Do they have to resort to recycling them? Eric is too feminine looking for my taste.

The joke was on Chad V. as we were treated to flashbacks to the first season of For Love or Money. While Erin gamely feigned surprise, she remembered the time that she had spent with Paige in these very rooms.
    Oh, that sly Erin. Who knew she had such a great sense of humor? Doesn't she look just like The Joker (Batman) when she has that smirky smile on her face?

Great recap, Bump. You caught it all! I love the new name you bestowed on Jordan -- Mr. Obvious! That is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    I knew he looked familiar. We don't have enough reality show aspirants? Do they have to resort to recycling them? Eric is too feminine looking for my taste..
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! I couldn't put my finger on it, but Eric is just too pretty. Not bad looking, just too pretty. Maybe he'd look better with a 5:00 o'clock shadow or a mustache?

And I can see the Erin/Joker lips thing, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast