+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Anyone Else Notice...

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall

What was your impression of her, Richard?
    I second that question. Frankly, speaking as a newbie and not in any way shape or form anybody with any moderating control, I'm far less interested in Richard G's direct or indirect assumptions regarding other contestants than I am in his impressions of the experience, Erin, or the producers who've kind of jumped the shark with FLOM2.

Well of course I'm not dancing in the streets at not being chosen... like Costanza said, "I even need the people I hate to like me!"

But in all seriousness, I noticed from the start that Erin would be much sexier if she gained some weight... I will never understand what's sexy about a woman with no hips and no breasts... it takes all the fun out of it! Not that you need to be surgically enhanced (note to every skinny girl with huge fake boobs but no booty to balance it out: we may be staring, but we're not fooled, and it ain't working) or over-zaftig, but a woman's body is supposed to curve in the right places. To my eye, Erin looked as though she got to the point where she looked great, and then decided to lose just 5 more pounds, then 10 more pounds... very pretty girl, but not at all my type.

That, and, y'know, she ditched me on TV... that's kind of a dealbreaker for me in fake reality show relationships

What was your impression of her, Richard?
    Calling me out in public... So you want to know what I think about Erin? As you know Erin and I both live in San Francisco (well she did until she just moved to LA), and being that Erin and I have a lot of friends in common, including her best friend, I know a lot about Erin second hand.

Taking that into consideration, I didn't have a lot of time to formulate opinions in the 14 minutes we spent together with 4 other people all wearing microphones with the cameras following us.
    She does however have quite a stellar reputation with her friends. She's known to be thoughtful, sweet, and very caring. All of her friends love and adore her, and all Iíve ever heard about her are great things. I've yet to hear one negative thing about her from the people who actually know her. From a physical sense I think itís obtuse to say that Erin isn't an attractive girl. After all she is the sole female on an NBC reality show.

Personally speaking, I tend to focus on peoples assets as opposed to their deficiencies, and with that I think Erin is very health conscious. She appears to be athletic and very fit. I don't know about you Sean, but if I knew ahead of time that I would have to jump into a bathing suit in front of Millions, Iíd try to be as fit and trim as possible... I don't really have a specific type that I go for, obviously I need to be attracted to anyone I date, but I tend to gravitate more towards chemistry than I do any one particular physical trait. I stay away from the cookie cutter approach. It would be a shame if you met Mrs. Cavewoman tomorrow and her hips and chest didn't size up to your pre-existing expectations.

I think Erin is an attractive girl. Erinís style isnít one I would choose in a looks contest is physical appearance were the only element, but I didnít particularly feel any sense of chemistry with her when we met. But, If I bumped into Erin on the street and we had instant chemistry, her looks wouldnít be an issue. Letís give Erin some credit here - She may not be your type, but sheís a pretty girl SeanÖ
    Last edited by Richard G.; 07-24-2003 at 01:38 PM.

It doesn't really sound like Sean/Brock is saying Erin isn't pretty ... I think he's just saying he prefers a woman with a little meat on her bones. Must be that caveman survival instinct kicking in. The cave-chicks who packed a little winter blubber on their hairy thighs and elsewhere probably survived a little longer than the bony ones.

Richard G., your quote: "If women wore hats all the time, we would be reading Play Head.... Skulls of the big 10" ... Thanks for a good laugh!

I'm kind of surprised they allowed Richard to compete for Erin's heart knowing that they shared mutual friends, especially Erin's best friend. Did the producers realize that you and Erin were only separated by one degree when they cast you? Obviously you didn't know who the woman was before you were cast, but it just seems like an insanely wild coincidence that Erin's best friend's friend would be on the show. That almost belongs in the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" files. I really do wonder if they would have allowed Richard G. on as a contestant if they knew that ahead of time. Maybe they might have worried about the show smacking of improprieties if Erin had selected him in the end and the connection was discovered and announced by the media to the public. I'm not actually suggesting anything would have, could have or did happen that wasn't on the up and up, I'm just thinking that if things had progressed all the way to the end, people may have questioned the outcome. (Like, was this whole thing fixed somehow?) Anyway, moot point since it obviously didn't pan out that way. Just my meandering thoughts.

I think if Sean had made it onto the second elimination round and was shown in his bathing suit going into the hot tub, he would not have needed to worry too much. I seem to recall he is sporting a nice little six pack where most men carry their paunch.

If someone has a pre-existing expectation as to what their ideal mate might look like, Richard is correct that it would be a shame for a man to miss meeting his soul mate because she was too skinny. And the same thing could be said, I suppose, about that really sweet, pretty Rubenesque woman that no one will give the time of day to because she's not skinny enough.

FORT Fogey
    Richard? Sean? Is this an Afterschool FLOM Special here?

I find it astounding that despite the fact that you both had to face early elimination by Erin you are debating the virtues of the fair Erin as if you were about to barter for her hand in marriage.

Is she worth 10 sheep and a horse? Will she be able to bear your 8 sons? Most importantly, did she feel any chemistry?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Richard? Sean? Is this an Afterschool FLOM Special here?

I find it astounding that despite the fact that you both had to face early elimination by Erin you are debating the virtues of the fair Erin as if you were about to barter for her hand in marriage.

Is she worth 10 sheep and a horse? Will she be able to bear your 8 sons? Most importantly, did she feel any chemistry?
    She would not have borne me many strong sons. No light in her eyes upon beholding my formidable caveman pulchritude, and no traits in common beyond bipedality. She would have broken in the harsh winter climate, and I would take no less than 200 head of prime cattle and a sturdy horse in dowry. Fie on your fake million dollars, silly network!

Apropos of nothing, I swear, but I heard a line today on Howard Stern... Daryl Dawkins, the orginal man from Lovetron, talking about how he didn't have his pick of women as a young man:
    "One of 'em was so skinny I had to tie knots in her legs to make knees."

And regarding dismissing Mrs. Cavewoman if she turns out to be a little on the slim side, as y'all may know from reading my bio, I don't believe in soul mates. I believe in hanging curveballs, day games at Wrigley, that the novels of Susan Sontag are overwrought and self-indulgent, long, slow, deep kisses that last for three days, and that if you keep looking, eventually you may find someone who turns you on, gets your jokes, likes most of the same movies you do, treats you with kindness and respect, and has always got your back, even when you're at your most wrong. And when you find someone like that (and there's more than one), you get a chance to see how far love and faith can take you, be you both skinny, fat, or somewhere in between.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey
    And regarding dismissing Mrs. Cavewoman if she turns out to be a little on the slim side, as y'all may know from reading my bio, I don't believe in soul mates. I believe in hanging curveballs, day games at Wrigley, that the novels of Susan Sontag are overwrought and self-indulgent, long, slow, deep kisses that last for three days, and that if you keep looking, eventually you may find someone who turns you on, gets your jokes, likes most of the same movies you do, treats you with kindness and respect, and has always got your back, even when you're at your most wrong. And when you find someone like that (and there's more than one), you get a chance to see how far love and faith can take you, be you both skinny, fat, or somewhere in between.
    Bravo, brock!
    I almost understand almost everything you wrote and concur with quite a bit of your thoughts in your last paragraph!

Now let's talk about you and Woogie...

I believe in hanging curveballs, day games at Wrigley, that the novels of Susan Sontag are overwrought and self-indulgent, long, slow, deep kisses that last for three days, and that if you keep looking, eventually you may find someone who turns you on, gets your jokes, likes most of the same movies you do, treats you with kindness and respect, and has always got your back, even when you're at your most wrong. And when you find someone like that (and there's more than one), you get a chance to see how far love and faith can take you, be you both skinny, fat, or somewhere in between.
    Always my favorite part of Bull Durham. Sigh ...

So tell me Brock, did you do that from memory, or did you have to go back and watch the tape? (I know I would have).

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    Always my favorite part of Bull Durham. Sigh ...

So tell me Brock, did you do that from memory, or did you have to go back and watch the tape? (I know I would have).
    Memory, baby, memory. I know I didn't get the Sontag part right, and I missed stuff about the DH, day games at Wrigley, and the small of a woman's back...

"Oh Crash, how you do make speeches..."
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey
    Brock, is there a repo man on your tail? I noticed that you move rather quickly.

From Virginia Beach to L.A. to Branson, MO.

What gives? Are you a music downloader on the lam?

Hmmm...seems our fair Brock is moving closer and closer to the Mile High City.

So Brock...how YOU doin'?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12