+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The T-Factor: Does it make FLOM2 better?

FORT Fogey

The T-Factor: Does it make FLOM2 better?

The testosterone hangs heavy in the air as the guys compete and wrestle with each other in the quest for Erin or cash. Some have made it clear that they want early retirement like Munch, and that's just what he got when Erin dismissed him. Others, like Eric, want to win the fair Erin's hand and the rest of her, or so he claims.

One thing is certain, the atmosphere is different in the house with all the guys in it and the dynamics have changed.

Is FLOM2 more interesting and enjoyable than the first series? What do you think?

FORT Regular
    Great question! I thought the house o' chicks was WAY more interesting because in general girls are so catty and fake, especially when you pack them all in close quarters with each other. They're clever and deceitful and weird and strange and it's just so easy to figure them out. But for some reason, that makes for better TV viewing. Just my opinion.

Watching these men, on the other hand, is like watching cars going through an intersection with a 4-way stop sign. Very predictable, with the possible chance of some confusion or someone playing outside the rules during rare and random moments.

Men, in general, are so incredibly honest and sincere and loyal and fair with each other. They will openly admit when they're jealous of a peer (do women ever do that?), they will confront each other and demand answers when they're confounded by something, and they're not usually real two-faced about how they feel about someone. I think men are just that way by nature.

Catty, greedy, lying, back-stabbing, conniving women competing against each other for a man makes for sensational TV viewing. A bunch of men having a good time wrestling like puppies, admiring a woman's physical attributes, pigging out on lasagna, keeping their fingers crossed that they'll get a chance to impress a good looking woman and maybe make a few bucks at the end of the game has been pretty boring so far. I can almost smell the sweat, but otherwise I haven't see much drama or truly raw emotions yet. I actually find myself watching the clock, yawning and wondering when the stupid show will be over. This show needs a makeover, stat!

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Where this show misses the mark is that men DON'T compete with each other for women in real life... we compete against each other by buying better cars, lifting more weights, tanning more orange and buying bigger cell phones (well, that may just be me)... but on the show they really haven't provided any kind of arena for the men to compete in. What they need to do is have real competitions set up where Erin is NOT a participant, but gets to watch and evaluate... for instance, if she had been present at the grabass wrasslin' match, you would have seen a totally different competition... no guy wants to look bad in front of a girl he's trying to impress. There's really not much they can do to compete with each other in the house, because they're not really into psychological warfare or mind games... 'she likes you, no she doesn't, she likes you...'

If it were up to me, every day would be like field day with beer. Decathalons of athletic and intellectual events with points awarded to the winners, and the boot given at the end of the day's trials to the losers. This would not only bring out the most competitive aspects of the men, but also create some drama... you could root for Eric to really make up some ground on Wade in the sesquipedelian word jumble, and look for Greg and Chad F. to battle it out on the basketball court... and all the while Erin could preside over it all like a princess at a jousting match.

The only reason I can think that they didn't do this is that it's too obvious and easy. Think about it... like battle of the network stars, but with sex and money as a reward!
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    hahaha! Sean, I really wish you were in charge of this show! You seem to know what is entertainment. Unfortunatly, the folks at NBC seem to have missed the boat on this one and I can't keep myself from watching it! ACHK! I definitely vote for your competition based dating show though, that sounds like good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The testosterone hangs heavy in the air as the guys compete and wrestle with each other in the quest for Erin or cash.
    If you date someone in his late 20s you will discover that this is an inevitable occurence in any private venue where beer and amicable men are present. No money or chicks are required and rather tend to get in the way with their silly pleas to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal

Watching these men, on the other hand, is like watching cars going through an intersection with a 4-way stop sign. Very predictable, with the possible chance of some confusion or someone playing outside the rules during rare and random moments.

Men, in general, are so incredibly honest and sincere and loyal and fair with each other. They will openly admit when they're jealous of a peer (do women ever do that?), they will confront each other and demand answers when they're confounded by something, and they're not usually real two-faced about how they feel about someone. I think men are just that way by nature.
    !

Being a non-male myself I was a little uncomfortable with this post at first. Specially the part about men's and women's natures. But I have to say after last night I'll go as far to agree, with qualification in brackets, "Men [in this case] are so incredibly honest and sincere and loyal and fair with each other." These guys are just so darn nice! I can see why viewership and FORT discussion has dropped off. Last night it was a 4-way stop with extra yield signs and warning bumps thrown in for good measure (nothing like the 4 way stop near my house where everybody peals out or blows through or does doughnuts on a regular basis even though its in a 25 MPH area). I'm continuing to watch just to see how boring it can get.

+ Reply to Thread