+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paige's ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND...why she would be horrible in erins role

FORT Fan

Paige's ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND...why she would be horrible in erins role

ACCCKK>>>> my "celtic intution" strikes again..

from the start I felt Paige was "off center", very needy...even before the dui stuff..

now..at grocery store I see the tabloid..they have all the details of her ex boyfriend...a one year verbal and physically abusive relationship..ending with the police coming when he busted in apt she shared with other girls, threats, pulled phone off wall...awwww..

says this was in dec 2002...in jan she left for illinois I think for the mop job ...the one she goes on qvc for?? guess best way to totally break it off...and then....duh duh....FLOM1...NO wonder the poor thing acted so odd, quick to "fall" for rob, wow...I "felt" this and so did others..

I guess NBC had no way of knowing..it said the poor thing even gave the boyfriend $100 bucks or something after the break in incident...the mag called Paige who just said "How did you find out"...

now...I forget which it was...enquirerer or the star ...but not the globe..anyhow..it is on the first couple pages, on the left side..paige...and a pic of rob and girls on the steps...once again LOL>>

anyhow...it is really really good that paige was NOT picked for this show instead of erin...she would choose one guy, the worst one..and go ga ga and not even go on the group dates LOL>>JMO

I feel sorry for any person who has to suffer indignities at the hands of another. Just because the tabloids report something like this doesn't make it true; however, if it is, then good for Paige for picking up her life and moving on. A lot of women have such poor self-esteem they never leave abusive relationships.

I thought Paige was really attracted to Rob and fell for him hard and fast. She might have been more aggressive in her pursuit of him because she was facing deadlines as well as competition from other women to win his heart. Perhaps in "real life" she would have been more coy and would not have worn her heart on her sleeve as she did.

These contestants come onto these TV programs with good intentions, seeking a fun experience, and presumably hoping to find love. There are obviously background checks, but obviously a lot of stones also go unturned. Ultimately their skeletons are discovered and sprayed all over by the media as well as the public. That's the risk they take when they appear on national TV - they're basically fair game for lots of criticism.

I think it's sad that the media would unearth something like this and make it public knowledge. She resolved her problem, but now she has to be re-victimized all over again. If this is true, remember, she was the victim, not the perpetrator. She's made a lot of mistakes, but how many times and ways does she have to be persecuted for them? I made a lot of stupid mistakes and knew a lot of jerks when I was 21, too. I just didn't get caught.

FORT Fan
    well...dont forget she also had the repeat duis and those problems...she is young..

as for the tabloids?? I am sure they were approached by one of the 3 roommates, or the ex ...when show over I guess..you would have to read it but there were police there when he broke in etc..

as for the "drag them thru wringer"...well...NO one lassos these people and forces them onto shows...as we have seen soooooo many times before, their past will come out...

as for paige?? well I just think it is good they have erin on FLOM2...Paige is too young, and too unstable...I do think this story bout the ex...which apparently happened late dec 02...might show why she fell so "quick" for Rob tho...I always always thought 'needy" when I saw her JMO

Well, I guess compared to her abusive ex-boyfriend, Rob must have looked like her knight in shining armor, there to rescue her and carry her off into the sunset.

Paige was (according to the tabloids) in a bad situation with an abusive boyfriend. That doesn't mean she is a bad person. It means she showed poor judgment (or had some bad luck) and got involved with the wrong man. So no, I don't think she needs to be dragged through the media mud because of a troubled period in her life that she'd probably prefer to forget.

Now those DUI's ... THAT'S another story. She can blame no one but herself for those, and she deserved the negative media attention she already received.
    Last edited by mimi; 07-19-2003 at 11:06 PM.

I feel for anyone who has been in an abusive relationship - whether mental or physical.

Framed in the assertation that just having left that experience, she would have made a poor choice for a centerpiece to the show - i would have to agree.

Paige is just young. Hopefully she will figure it out.

I was checking out the Smoking Gun website, and noticed she grew between arrests. One shot lists her as being 5'4" and another says she is 5'5".

FORT Regular
    Paige. . . oh come on now?

A victim? Perhaps. Lots of bad stuff seems to stick on her.

She needs to stop drinking and get some therapy.

Tough love by me, I won't co-sign her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlight
    Paige. . . oh come on now?

A victim? Perhaps. Lots of bad stuff seems to stick on her.

She needs to stop drinking and get some therapy.

Tough love by me, I won't co-sign her stuff.
    Read this. Quite interesting to see it all from Paige The Victim stand point.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi...362.art&page=1
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Great article, MissP. Thanks for posting it.

+ Reply to Thread