+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Splitting the Money

Splitting the Money

I don't know if Jordan ever said this explicitly, but we were definitely given the impression that if the girl chose Rob it would end like Joe Millionaire with the pair splitting the money.

FLOM2 seems to be a case of Erin and $2 million riding off into the sunset together.

If the chosen guy picks Erin is he really going to be left penniless out of all this?

That's why I was thinking there was going to be another "twist" announced later on in the show. I thought they were rather vague about the plot initially, and left the viewers assuming it would play out like FLOM-1. But now that we're discovering that all the men knew all the twists regarding the money right from the very, very beginning of taping, at this point I don't care how this show plays out. It's no longer a reality show for me ... more like watching a high school play.

mimi,

I don't want anyone to get the idea that everyone knew what was going on. I knew for sure only AFTER leaving, and once we were dismissed, the producers made very sure to keep us separate from everyone who was still on the show (tho I did leave a note for my roommate telling him to watch his back and trust no one, and snuck back upstairs into the big bedroom where the remaining studs were sequestered to grin, flip them off and tell them to have fun for the rest of us).

Some of the guys may have their radar up, and some may not. I can only speak for sure for my experience... I suspected something weird when I found the tag, and then didn't trust that anything was sincere from the moment they told us about the money, and about the 40-year payment plan. But I didn't share my suspicions with anyone until after I was off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sean messenger
    mimi,

I don't want anyone to get the idea that everyone knew what was going on. I knew for sure only AFTER leaving, and once we were dismissed, the producers made very sure to keep us separate from everyone who was still on the show (tho I did leave a note for my roommate telling him to watch his back and trust no one, and snuck back upstairs into the big bedroom where the remaining studs were sequestered to grin, flip them off and tell them to have fun for the rest of us).

Some of the guys may have their radar up, and some may not. I can only speak for sure for my experience... I suspected something weird when I found the tag, and then didn't trust that anything was sincere from the moment they told us about the money, and about the 40-year payment plan. But I didn't share my suspicions with anyone until after I was off the show.
    Sean, why would somebody, who has a suspicion about the twist of the show, share it with others? Isn't this knowledge giving him an advantage? Isn't it in his best interest to keep everybody clueless?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Perhaps, but I know for myself, I lost the competitive fire once I learned about the money, and once I met Erin. I didn't care to compete on their terms for $25K a year, and I didn't feel any spark with Erin, so really my only incentive to stay was to make it past round 1 (of course, had I known that we weren't going to a resort as promised, but sent straight home, that may have been enough to get me to try to undercut some of the other guys). From what I heard while I was there, none of the guys were really competing against each other... I mean, what can you really do? Talk trash behind his back to the girl? Punch him so he sports a black eye? It seemed a little silly the way they wanted to make us "compete"... but didn't give us any outlet for it. I'm not sure what the producers were expecting... but I think they are trying to promote it as "gloves off, guys in each other's faces" kind of stuff. I didn't see any of that, but it may have happened after I got in my fake taxi and got my loser ass flown home

Perhaps, but I know for myself, I lost the competitive fire once I learned about the money, and once I met Erin. I didn't care to compete on their terms for $25K a year, and I didn't feel any spark with Erin, so really my only incentive to stay was to make it past round 1 (of course, had I known that we weren't going to a resort as promised, but sent straight home, that may have been enough to get me to try to undercut some of the other guys). From what I heard while I was there, none of the guys were really competing against each other... I mean, what can you really do? Talk trash behind his back to the girl? Punch him so he sports a black eye? It seemed a little silly the way they wanted to make us "compete"... but didn't give us any outlet for it. I'm not sure what the producers were expecting... but I think they are trying to promote it as "gloves off, guys in each other's faces" kind of stuff. I didn't see any of that, but it may have happened after I got in my fake taxi and got my loser ass flown home
    No, I don't think the producers wanted it either. But if you really like the girl and have some valuable knowledge that others don't, keep it yourself. You don't need to backstab anybody, but keeping quite is a smart thing to do, I think. Did the guys think differently?
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Personally, the nagging thought that the whole thing was a setup was one of the factors that kept me from opening up, or liking Erin very much in the very brief time I was there. She may have a genuine interest in finding a true love on this show, but my suspicions that she could have been motivated by money or fame didn't sit well with me. Not a matter of right or wrong... just not my type.

I don't know what everyone else thought, but another one of the guys gone in round 1 was convinced she had ulterior motives.

FORT Regular
    If you weren't competing against each other, but you figured out the money twist from all angles, then you're right, you really weren't competing AGAINST each other. You were all just trying to schmooze a girl into liking you so you could get a nice chunk 'o change at the end of the game.

This show is just cruel. Pitting a bunch of men in an arena over a battle of a woman's affections and hopes to find love in order to win money is just wrong, and the same goes for the woman involved. Playing with hearts to win an annuity ~ NBC writers have gone too far. It's smacks of cock fighting, only they're using humans instead of roosters and money instead of chicken feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    If you weren't competing against each other, but you figured out the money twist from all angles, then you're right, you really weren't competing AGAINST each other. You were all just trying to schmooze a girl into liking you so you could get a nice chunk 'o change at the end of the game.

This show is just cruel. Pitting a bunch of men in an arena over a battle of a woman's affections and hopes to find love in order to win money is just wrong, and the same goes for the woman involved. Playing with hearts to win an annuity ~ NBC writers have gone too far. It's smacks of cock fighting, only they're using humans instead of roosters and money instead of chicken feed.
    Well, in your opinion, is circus a cruel type of entertainment? They are USING animals and not feeding them before the show, so the animals will be eager to do anything for food.

Personally, the nagging thought that the whole thing was a setup was one of the factors that kept me from opening up, or liking Erin very much in the very brief time I was there. She may have a genuine interest in finding a true love on this show, but my suspicions that she could have been motivated by money or fame didn't sit well with me. Not a matter of right or wrong... just not my type.

I don't know what everyone else thought, but another one of the guys gone in round 1 was convinced she had ulterior motives.
    But was anybody truly attracted to her or not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast