+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Splitting the Money

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    Sean, I'm curious to know HOW you figured it all out. On your blog site, you outline in full detail the complete setup of the show (or at least up to the point the show had developed by the time of your departure). Here is an exerpt from your diary:

So did the producers take you aside and explain everything on the way out of Dodge? You said you suspected some rotten fish in Denmark (well, actually not in those terms ) based on some clues you picked up on, but you actually knew the specifics of the whole show. Did the producers explain it all to you right after you left the mansion?
    Just wondering.

HELL NO the producers did NOT tell us the whole scam after we left. After the elimination ceremony, they make the guys who have been cut sit in the game room downstairs, and they aren't allowed to talk even to each other (babysat by PAs). After they film the Pulp Fiction room checkburning and make you do your exit interview, they put all the guys who stay in the big bedroom and lock the door, and let you upstairs to pack your stuff (this is when I left Eric a note and snuck in the big bedroom and flipped off everyone who was staying, telling them with a smile to have fun for me, and that they were all losers too... they just didn't know it yet .

Sometime after we filmed the fake cab ride, and while in the van on the way to LAX, one of the guys pieced together the whole plot, and then spilled his theory for us, which we confirmed with our own suspicions. No one told us what really happened; it was really just the deductive power of one of the contestants, combined with the clues we all had that made us pretty sure we knew the whole story.

Turns out we were right... and you can pretty much guess what else is going to happen on the show using the same techniques.

To make it clear how dedicated the people behind the show were to keeping it all secret, after one of the first guys dismissed broke down and cried in his exit interview, they told him not to take it seriously, that the girl wasn't what she seemed, but they couldn't tell him why, or what they meant by it. They could have saved him a lot of pain by just telling him it was a game, but they stuck to their guns. I thought that was a pretty sh*tty thing to do, and still do.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Regular
    Well, I STILL don't understand how you could piece everything together so accurately and so dead-on correctly just on suspicions and really vague clues along with "just the deductive power of one of the contestants". If you really did, then you ought to bag the writing job and join the CSI gang.

I think one of the contestants managed to communicate with the outside world somehow and then spilled the beans to the rest of you guys. I know you're really, really intelligent, but if you figured this whole thing out to the degree you did without something being leaked, then you're absolutely brilliant.

FORT Newbie

Boys Don't Cry!

who cried!??? ok i suspect you won't tell what with your apparent Guy Solidarity Code and all (honorable but frustrating to we ladies who dish)...but really. 3 days, crying? Man Card Revoked! (an homage to enygma...was that who did the excellent Bachelorette recaps?)

how did you explain to work that you were going to be gone for 6 weeks and then you were only gone for 3 days? who filled in for you? were they paying you? was it vacation time? did you go back to work (after the reading/dog petting jag?)

and how did the PA's keep you from talking to each other? I am once again reminded of a scene from Austin Powers when Dr Evil is shushing Scott Evil...is that what they did? I could never function in a nenvironment like that. it's like getting the giggles in church. there is no way I could sit there and be quiet with NBC overlords watching over me...

FORT Newbie

miss the caveman

while your dogs are lovely i miss the cave fellow, whose picture always made me laugh out loud at my desk.

That whole split personality thing must get tiresome. I know it has been for me.

At least now Brock is answering Sean's questions directly. Which should end some confusion for Woogie and the rest of the gang.

While you're here - don't miss my excellent Sean/Brock interview also posted in this forum.

*goes away to giggle madly, while appearing to actually work **

Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    Well, I STILL don't understand how you could piece everything together so accurately and so dead-on correctly just on suspicions and really vague clues along with "just the deductive power of one of the contestants". If you really did, then you ought to bag the writing job and join the CSI gang.

I think one of the contestants managed to communicate with the outside world somehow and then spilled the beans to the rest of you guys. I know you're really, really intelligent, but if you figured this whole thing out to the degree you did without something being leaked, then you're absolutely brilliant.
    FIrst Bumpkin, I have rather enjoyed the split personality thing.

Even if someone had gotten info from the outside world it would have been irrelevant because the show wasn't on the air yet. It is always possible the PA's or even makeup may have said a little something here or there. Also the direction of the producers questioning can give away theme if contestants have a chance to compare.

How do PA's keep contestants from talking to one another? By engaging them directly in conversation, telling the contestants they agreed to play by the rules and it is their job to make sure they do. Getting contestants to not even make eye contact is even harder. Dragging people off to the far corners of a location and making then stand or sit with their backs to the group helps too. It is pretty amazing what contestants will put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    Even if someone had gotten info from the outside world it would have been irrelevant because the show wasn't on the air yet.
    I disagree. If you came onto the show looking for love, you'd play the game one way if you really liked the girl, and would probably not even try to impress her if you didn't feel any initial connection.

If you knew there was a million dollars at stake, you'd probably pour on some serious schmooze whether or not you even liked the girl in hopes of winning the money. That's the way this show was supposed to play out.

If you knew that the girl was playing a double or nothing game and was probably kissing up to the man in hopes of making him fall for her so that she could ultimately choose him and then dump him after he chose her over the money, then I truly believe you'd play out the courtship far, far differently than you normally would if it was just a straight game.

Now that we know that these guys already knew the motives, risks, rewards and hidden agendas right from the very beginning of the show, I can now only judge the show on the merits of their amateur acting abilities. It's definitely not reality TV. It's not even close. The viewers (at least on this forum) can no longer enjoy the delcious secret that only we as viewers are supposed to know. Apparently the cat was let out of the bag early and the whole show is just a farce. No mystique, minimal suspense, and no amazing twists and surprises.

FORT Fogey

The Crying Game

They could have saved him a lot of pain by just telling him it was a game, but they stuck to their guns. I thought that was a pretty sh*tty thing to do, and still do.
    Let's just get a grip here for a moment. What the hell else would it be except for a stupid game? Nobody is who they seem. It's all about appearing on camera and faking every human emotion known to mankind except for the desire to be "seen."

Was the rejection so terrible by a woman this guy had just met under the most artificial circumstances possible that it reduced him to tears?

I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Let's just get a grip here for a moment. What the hell else would it be except for a stupid game? Nobody is who they seem. It's all about appearing on camera and faking every human emotion known to mankind except for the desire to be "seen."

Was the rejection so terrible by a woman this guy had just met under the most artificial circumstances possible that it reduced him to tears?

I just don't get it.
    I totally agree with you, CaliGirl. Telling people on a game show that this is a game is ridiculous, to say the least.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    I disagree. If you came onto the show looking for love, you'd play the game one way if you really liked the girl, and would probably not even try to impress her if you didn't feel any initial connection.

If you knew there was a million dollars at stake, you'd probably pour on some serious schmooze whether or not you even liked the girl in hopes of winning the money. That's the way this show was supposed to play out. << snip snip >>

Apparently the cat was let out of the bag early and the whole show is just a farce. No mystique, minimal suspense, and no amazing twists and surprises.
    I think maybe we were thinking about two different things.

What I was referring to was outside info that could give away the show. Since the FLOM 1 show had not even aired yet no one had any info to be able to give away the plot from outside. From inside maybe, by discerning the info from lots of little clues maybe, but not from somebody reading something on a web site like this and then informing the contestants.

Hope this is a little bit clearer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast