+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Splitting the Money

Quote Originally Posted by sean messenger
    What do you mean? From what I saw, I think Paige is a genuinely sweet girl, but it seemed inevitable she'd end up getting hurt. It seems like this show can't help but end up with everyone getting their feelings hurt... even if the guy picks Erin, and she wants to share the money with him, he may always wonder what her real incentive was, the same way Rob did. Just seems pretty dicey to me.
    You seem like a very open person, so does Paige, that's why I asked you if you like this type of girls. So, would you like to date somebody like her? As for me, she is too much of a clinger.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    You seem like a very open person, so does Paige, that's why I asked you if you like this type of girls. So, would you like to date somebody like her? As for me, she is too much of a clinger.
    She's very cute, but that could be pretty dangerous. At least one person in a relationship needs to have some self-control Besides, I'm too busy competing with Brock for Woogie's affections!

She's very cute, but that could be pretty dangerous. At least one person in a relationship needs to have some self-control Besides, I'm too busy competing with Brock for Woogie's affections!
    I can appreciate your wisdom.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Sean, when the producers asked if wanted to stay and you said yes, what would have happened if you said no? I would have loved to see at least one of the guys hear the million dollar explanation from Jordumb and get up and leave. At the very least, you had the excuse of thinking you could get both. There's no excuse after being told it's one or the other.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

FORT Regular
    I don't want anyone to get the idea that everyone knew what was going on. I knew for sure only AFTER leaving, and once we were dismissed, the producers made very sure to keep us separate from everyone who was still on the show ...
    Sean, I'm curious to know HOW you figured it all out. On your blog site, you outline in full detail the complete setup of the show (or at least up to the point the show had developed by the time of your departure). Here is an exerpt from your diary:

5/15/03:
    ok... before I board plane home (home!).... that was surreal... the whole show was a setup... erin had already been on a show where she had a choice at the end between a million dollars and the man of her dreams, and chose the million... then they offered her a chance to double down... take the million, or put it in the pot, go thru the show again, and if she could choose a man, who at the end when confronted with choosing between her and a million dollars chose her, she'd not only get her million, but the million the guy forsook as well. so to make it work, the greedy beyond compare evil and heartless bitch either needs to find a total patsy who she can bend to her will, or a guy who's so solid and guileless and naively head-over-heels in love from the beginning that she can be sure he'll take her... if she takes eric to make this work, I may have to find her and slap her in her cold blooded face. there are some things we do to others that are wrong, and that's most of them."

So did the producers take you aside and explain everything on the way out of Dodge? You said you suspected some rotten fish in Denmark (well, actually not in those terms ) based on some clues you picked up on, but you actually knew the specifics of the whole show. Did the producers explain it all to you right after you left the mansion?
    Just wondering.

Oh yeah, and I appreciate the fact that you recognized the heartless aspects of this show and were somewhat disgusted by it. Deceiving a man into falling in love with you so you can cash in is almost tantamount to prostitution. At least prostitutes are honest up front and keep their emotional distance from their customers.

FORT Newbie

existential confirmation!

Besides, I'm too busy competing with Brock for Woogie's affections![/QUOTE]

(SUBJECT LINE: by which I mean, when people talk about you in the third person, you can be relatively sure you exist.)

Sean my dear, who says the three of us can not find happiness together? Here's my offer: whoever (of you or Brock) can get me a lift from the Green Zone at the Presidential Palace in Baghdad on Wednesday to the Al Hamra wins my heart forever and a crisp shiny Iraqi dinar (approximate worth: .0005 cents. er, the dinar not my heart. heart priceless). Besides I'm still not convinced you and Brock aren't indivisible (so many negatives...losing control...). Ooooooh, maybe its Jekyll/Hyde thing? Brock is definitely Hyde, cuz your so pretty. Anyway, no need to fight. I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

On the subject at hand: I am interested that you seem to feel so strongly -- negatively-- about Erin. I can understand why but it was unexpected, given your light tone about the whole matter leading up to this. I thought you thought this was a lark, and I am surprised you seem so outraged.

Curiosity grips me: what is she really like? She seemed to me pretty gracious and mature (despite the machinations of the show.)

And what were you told about the premise of the show when you applied for it? when you were selected for it?

I wonder this, as it seems to me given the general nature of reality dating shows, how could anyone as obviously intelligent (and twinkly ) as you NOT suspect that this was going to degenerate somehow? Even the Bachelor, with all its pretense at love and marriage, ends up being kind of harsh to the sacrificial lambs (poor little Liz! Christy! Kirsten, although I still maintain that girl was a snake...and her annoying speech patterns made me want to poke out my eardrums....but still I watched, gripped! waiting for her comeuppance!)

OK, then. please respond and include some nice affection for me because i am so far from home and hot as blazes (termperature I mean, not countenance).

woog-a-licious

FORT Regular
    Woogie, I anxiously await Sean's reply, but more importantly, you are hysterical!! I'll bet you're a lot of fun at a cocktail party! I suppose there aren't too many of those going on right now where you're at, unless you've taken a few liberties and are hosting a few soirees in the presidential palace?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    Woogie, I anxiously await Sean's reply, but more importantly, you are hysterical!! I'll bet you're a lot of fun at a cocktail party! I suppose there aren't too many of those going on right now where you're at, unless you've taken a few liberties and are hosting a few soirees in the presidential palace?

REAL: thank you for the props and indeed I am a ball at a cocktail party. I went to one a few years ago at the German Embassy and wrote "Ann Frank" on my name tag. I'm a riot! (true story. all the Germans thought it was HILARIOUS. they are not above gallows humor, I guess). And there was that dinner with Sergei Ivanov in Munich... and the Marine general (true quote, with regard to what the Marines did to the Taliban: "We put the 'fun' back in 'fundamentalist!'") but I brag. am lowering eyes modestly.

and no one is more anxious about sean's reply than I ....it's all i've got to keep me occupied for the next 36 hours. then its on to the Fun Protests of Najaf, starring Mowfaqq someone who ordered the killing of 2 clerics a couple of months ago. keep eyes on c-span for secret footage.

Now here's what's bugging me about Sean and Brock, his snarkier alter ego: Brock maintains he's a lawyer...Sean obviously we've pinned to the New England Journal of Medicine. So is Brock lying? (despite sean's possible accidental admission to the double identiy -- see Sean's thread -- i can not help but distinguish between the two.)

-- woogie

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woogie
    On the subject at hand: I am interested that you seem to feel so strongly -- negatively-- about Erin. I can understand why but it was unexpected, given your light tone about the whole matter leading up to this. I thought you thought this was a lark, and I am surprised you seem so outraged.

Curiosity grips me: what is she really like? She seemed to me pretty gracious and mature (despite the machinations of the show.)

And what were you told about the premise of the show when you applied for it? when you were selected for it?
    It's mostly my fault for NOT gathering more info on the nature of this show before I went on... I had watched only "The Bachelorette" before leaving for LA to do "Looking for Love," so I naively assumed it would all be an above-board competition. My rancor towards the experience is aimed at Erin only in that I believe she's disingenuous if she thinks she can go through this show and find love while pretending the money and fame aren't motivating factors: she seemed perfectly nice, but once I became aware of the pretenses of the show, I felt suckered, and defensive for the guys I knew were developing feelings for her, and I lost any respect I had for her based on her actions. It is my belief that she's dragging this out to milk her fame and moment in the spotlight (much as I'm doing by continuing to post on these boards , but she's running the risk of hurting someone to get her TV time in. I only knew the guys for a few days, but they all seemed genuine, nice, open and honest, and it bothers me that some of them are going to end up getting dogged pretty bad. I'm glad I got out when I did.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Sean, we are all dying to hear your answers to Yesthey'rereal's questions. Would you care to satisfy our continues hunger for the details on how the plot was discovered.

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast