Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Poses Nude

Ugh, boston. Glad to be back on topic, but that is *really* TMI.

Remember, PG13. Lots and lots of kids on the site.

and now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

It would seem I am in the minority here, but with so many others expressing their opinions about contestants participating in internet forums, I wanted to express my thoughts also.

It's fun to have contestants among us--not only for the inside info they may provide--but for their unique perspective. I've enjoyed reading both Sean's and Richard's comments on the show.

I do also think it's a contestant's right to lurk and/or post their comments without specifically identifying themselves. Most of us refrain from posting too much identifying info--after all, this is the internet! However, I think actually fabricating (e.g., someone stating they are an engineer when they are actually a grocery clerk or an interior decorator) is just creepy. It reminds me that you just never know who you are really "talking" to on these forums -- and that people are not necessarily what they seem. I still can't figure out why Brock/Sean told us he was a lawyer. Why not just refrain from mentioning his profession? It makes me wonder what else he made up.

Also, I think Richard makes several good points (which I agree he could have made privately to Sean.)

1) Speak for yourself. Chris is/was always welcome to come here himself and confirm/dispute his past as a model. Perhaps Chris preferred to have the allegations ignored. It was up to him, not Sean, to address this.

2) Once a poster identifies themselves as a contestant, it lends credibility to their comments about the "inner-workings" of the show. It's important to remember that these are that contestant's subjective experiences, and the other contestants may not have seen things the same way.

Also, someone mentioned that Brock/Sean openly admitted he was a contestant on FLOM2. I don't think that is true--actually I think it was an accident that it was discovered he was the same poster. In fact, I remember Brock being pretty harsh on some of the FLOM1 contestants for even participating on the show. His sarcasm seems hypocritical in light of his real identity.

JMHO
    Last edited by Merritt Andrews; 07-24-2003 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merritt Andrews
    I still can't figure out why Brock/Sean told us he was a lawyer. Why not just refrain from mentioning his profession? It makes me wonder what else he made up.
    Have you noticed that Brock has also made many references to being a caveman and using a rather large cell phone? Have a look at his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    I am personally glad to have Richard and the other FLOM2 contestants here within the FORT community, either as posters or lurkers. And I welcome their comments as equally as I do Sean's.
    I agree. The more the merrier! It would be especially interesting to hear from those who stayed on a little longer. I see John is calling for Eric to put in an appearance, but I would imagine he would rather wait until his last show has aired...which might be awhile.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Gotcha, Richard. Good points all... and to answer any questions about my hypocrisy and/or grandstanding... um, yes. I do both. I ripped into contestants on the first show for certain ridiculous actions, and stand by my statements (tho you'll see that I reserve most of my venom for Rob Campos, who while I understand may have been taken advantage of by the show, seems to me a pretty slimy guy... and if he ever got within groping distance of my sister or friends, would find himself in a heap o' trouble)... and I've had more fun conversing here than I would have anticipated (writing skills and sarcasm translate much better to the Net than reality TV). In the future, I'll try to avoid making assumptions about others.

But I still plan on making fun of everyone, Big Head Sean and his $9 Supercuts special included!
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fan
    I havent been here that long can someone please quickly recap what this Sean/Brock controversy is about - sounds like someone was misrepresenting themselves and or lying. Not ab ig surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    I havent been here that long can someone please quickly recap what this Sean/Brock controversy is about - sounds like someone was misrepresenting themselves and or lying. Not ab ig surprise.
    brock = unfrozen caveman lawyer who made much hilarious commentary about FLOM 1, endearing himself to FORT readers.

Sean = web guy/hot-but-sensitive FLOM2 contestant who was not able to put in an appearance with FORT until FLOM1 was over due to the nature of both shows (i.e. Erin being the star of FLOM2 because she dumped Rob and took the money).

The lesson here is that we all love to speculate and gossip about the show, which, truth be told, is the only reason anyone would watch such mindless television.

Another lesson is that sometimes subtlety and humor can be easily lost on the internet - particular among people who didn't watch enough Saturday Night Live in the 1980s. Brock has no more claimed to be a real life lawyer than he has claimed to be a real life unfrozen caveman.

FORT Regular
    Well stated, Christine! Brock/Sean has provided tons of fodder for entertainment, assumptions, assertions, intrigue, speculation, discussion and laughter on this board. I have loved reading his posts throughout FLOM-1 and FLOM-2. He volleys both the good and the bad with a lot of grace, proving he can dish it out (very well!), as well as take it. Woogie is a lucky girl!

FORT Fan
    Kind of ironic then that he was accusing me of lying, dont you think?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    Kind of ironic then that he was accusing me of lying, dont you think?
    Yes, YES, YES! For God's sake, you were right and he was wrong. It was really Chris who posed nude. You called it, he doubted it, you insisted, he admitted it, it's history. What do you want, flowers from the guy? Or a public flogging perhaps?

Closed Thread