Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Poses Nude

FORT Fan
    Well back to the nude forum - people on an AOL board seem to be convinced that Chris is "JAKE" on fratmen.com... Theyre all pretty surprised and say Erin should see them all naked first... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    You dont know whether the people posting on this board are actually the contestants on the show. They might be people just playing with you; after all, why would a contestant on one of these shows run to check this board. Think about it...
    That's very true, boston, and I am usually very skeptical. Howver, in the course of covering this show I have had an opportunity to verify Richard G. is who he says he is. FWIW.

FORT Regular
    You dont know whether the people posting on this board are actually the contestants on the show. They might be people just playing with you; after all, why would a contestant on one of these shows run to check this board. Think about it...

Then again, maybe they are that self -centered. God help them if they read AOL boards as those people tear apart reality show contestants.

Actually, I don't find it at all surprising that the contestants browse assorted internet forums regarding their appearance on national TV. Actually, I would find it very odd if they didn't. I wouldn't call it self-centered, either. I would call it normal.

Maybe you have a better grasp on human nature than I do. Why do you find it so unusual that a contestant might like to read about an event they participated in?

FORT Regular
    Well back to the nude forum - people on an AOL board seem to be convinced that Chris is "JAKE" on fratmen.com... Theyre all pretty surprised and say Erin should see them all naked first... LOL...
    You ought to let the people on the AOL board know that the people on this board don't seem very interested in the nude photos at all. Are they STILL yammering away about those over there? No offense to anyone, model or viewers alike, but they're really not that earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard G.
    Sean - Brother, I hate to do this, but I have to Call Bull S*** on you. I choose not to make to many comments publicly about the show except to set the record straight when people get off base, and I expect those who weren’t on the show to be off base, but I certainly don't expect that from people who WERE there. You might want to think about why you fabricate and try to be a bit more honest with yourself. All the guys on the show realize that it's important to you to stay in the limelight, but please if you need the attention try to stop lying for the sake of self promotion. "To exaggerate is to weaken"
    Just to clarify, you're saying that you and others from the show are angry because I defended Chris against what I thought was a baseless rumor, and did it by stating that as far as I knew, all the guys on the show went there with honorable intentions of particpating in a competition for the attention of a woman, and not in some vain and sure-to-be-fruitless endeavor to break into showbiz? I didn't fabricate anything. I tried to stick up for Chris against a rumor. If I was wrong, so be it, but I don't apologize for challenging people who spread rumors about him. And other than Munch saying something to the effect of doing the show so he can see where the adventure takes him, I don't recall anyone else mentioning showbiz of motives for being on the show other than the stated purpose. If anyone thinks I lied, call me on it specifically. If anyone thinks I've been posting here for reasons other than fun, entertainment, a little claim at the ridiculous limelight, and some venting about how skeezy the setup of the show really is, feel free to let me know. And if any of the guys think I've overstepped and misrepresented them, or said something insulting about them, I'm happy to talk it out any time. But I haven't lied about a damn thing, and all I've been doing here is trying to represent the side of the story I knew, and stick up for y'all from the show. So if that's a problem, then f*** it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    I see very clearly what Richard is trying to say. For brevity's sake, I suppose the comment that none of the men on the show were there to make a name for themselves in entertainment was laughable and outrageous on Sean's part.
    This is the part I don't get... did I hurt someone's chances at making it in movies by saying this? From what I heard, no one there was in entertaiment. I didn't embellish or make that up. It appears that Chris has done some modelling, but other than that, I've heard nothing to contradict my opinion. And how is this a bad thing? If anything, I've been embarrassed to admit that I have done acting and modelling in the past, because that invariably leads to questions like 'so did you do the show to get a break in showbiz', which is a no-win, because if I answer no, I sound disingenuous, and if I answer yes, I sound like a naive idiot for not realizing that NO ONE has ever gone on to a real career in entertainment from reality shows (and no, I ain't counting Trista).

I apologize for ranting for everyone to see, but I just wanted to be clear: to quote Ducky from "Pretty in Pink", 'do I offend?' And if so, what did I do? I'm happy to learn from mistakes and not make them again, but only if I understand what they are in the first place.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion of fully-tumescent reality show contestants (and just to bring this all the way back on track, I'm not admitting so, but if those photos ARE Chris, well, hell! That boy's got a bright future ahead of him with the ladies... and here this whole time we thought the key to his appeal was gonna be the sensitive thing... and now we realize he was hiding a Tommy Lee under the hood the whole time!

Sean/Brock, I think Richard was just raising a flag to see who would salute. Don't bite. If he has a valid point to make, he ought to just PM you instead of airing his angst out in public. His post served no purpose and made no sense.

FORT Fan
    HI...glad to see you are still goiing to post sean/brock LOL>>> I enjoy your humor..

back to Chris...no real problem with his "past"..his biz...BUT I think it is a great indication of how sharp our gal Erin is...somehow I think Erin saw thru the "sweet" Chris and sensed the fame whore he really must be..
    the tears were over the top..I mean..he hardly knew her...I know my "celtic intution" was perking when erin and chris were sitting by the fire with the smores *which sean tells us chris had "won" that date time alone..show didnt tell us that..

I had a feeling right from the start that chris was "needy" or phoney which I had posted before the "nude pics" stuff came out..
    and I think Erin felt that too....somehow chris is/was out for attention, fame, glory.....and is too over the top..
    good for you Erin I hope Erin zooms in on the richest/most confident guy there...I like chad v, greg and wade I am hoping she gets a great guy she falls for and the money !!

NBC website just posted Chris' Final Thoughts:

"I have nothing bad to say about Erin. I think she is a great girl and I'm sure she will make someone very happy one day but not on this show. I hope love finds her."
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Closed Thread