+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erin's consolation prize in case of loss?

Erin's consolation prize in case of loss?

I am surprised that no one commented on the fine print at the end of last nights show that says that Erin will get a consolation prize in the event that she does not get the 2 million as compensation for her appearance.

What is up with that? It seems that "burning" the 1 million wasn't all that it was played up to be. That supposed twist, though I was surprised, made no sense to me.

Does anyone know anything about what Erin will get even if the guy does not pick her and make her 2 million richer?

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    VERY interesting... what did the fine print say?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

I'm not sure what she'll get, but that doesn't surprise me that she'll get something. No one in their right mind would give up ONE MILLION DOLLARS in order to continue on the quest for true love.

What if all the guys to pick from were losers?

what did the fine print say?
    Can't quote exactly (maybe someone who taped the show can help us here?) but it definitely said "The Lead Contestant has been offered a consolation prize for her participation should she not win the $2 million." Or something very close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I'm not sure what she'll get, but that doesn't surprise me that she'll get something. No one in their right mind would give up ONE MILLION DOLLARS in order to continue on the quest for true love.

What if all the guys to pick from were losers?
    Erin gave up $1m in order to persue the quest for $2m.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    I am not at all surprized..nor do I blame Erin...seems to me she had to be offered something better than the "1 million" she won before..that came with soo many strings, like it would be 80K cashout or paid in small sums over 40 years..about 13 K year ..

MY guess is she was offered a flat sum of like 80K or 100K to do FLOM2 vs a bigger payout..
    she is really cool tho and deserves it..at least NO bad smoking gun stuff on her, she was great in the first show..and if anyone can pull it off erin can..JMO...

I agree that Erin looks better if she was given a guarantee of something. She looked rather dumb on the double or nothing proposition -- especially when she herself could not imagine anyone giving up a million bucks to take a chance on someone they barely knew.

If she is to be given a consolation prize if she does not get the 2 mil -- then she certainly did not give up 1 million dollars (only 1 mil minus the consolation prize (which could be substantial)). The show looks very deceptive and shady as usual. The way they emphasize one thing and then put something else in the fine print.

I am also just wondering how much they actually are giving her.

FORT Newbie
    I'm guessing Erin's consolation prize is somewhere in the neighborhood of $999.999.00.

FORT Regular
    I keep waiting for a new twist on the show to be announced. They threw in a couple of twists towards the end of FLOM-1, so I can't imagine they won't do it again. Don't know what the twist could/would/should be, but I'm bracing myself for something.

FORT Regular
    Hey, I thought it was wild that she did what she did. She would be a nut if she burned that check and thought she could get 2mil from some guy. Either she is crazy enough to think she can make a man want her over a mil or she is getting something. I say she must be getting something for her trouble. Why would you throw a mil away on a gamble like that? No sane person would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast