+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erin's consolation prize in case of loss?

Just wondering if anyone has heard what Erin's consolation prize is.

Very curious.

FORT Fan
    My guess, wedding and Hawii honeymoon, nothing more than "The Price is Right".

She's gotta find a hook up first. Give me a PM Erin!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesthey'rereal
    I keep waiting for a new twist on the show to be announced. They threw in a couple of twists towards the end of FLOM-1, so I can't imagine they won't do it again. Don't know what the twist could/would/should be, but I'm bracing myself for something.

I'm thinking they are going to tell the last three that erin was in flom1 and took the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina
    I'm thinking they are going to tell the last three that erin was in flom1 and took the money.
    That would seriously undermine Erin's chance to win the money. Obviously NBC doesn't have any qualms about "fairness" in regards to people's emotions but they did give everyone a fair crack at the money in FLOM1.

FORT Fan
    HI....I think erin was smart..the 1 mill was much less..the "cash payout" would have been around 80K after taxes...I am sure they offered her that much or MORE to be in FLOM2...

they knew they had a summer hit...and look at the ratings...really pretty good...

Erin gets the money for being on the show...a little more fame LOL>> the fun of 15 guys, the dates, the perks, and who knows?? maybe meet a guy she likes/loves??

and then...she will probably be on other reality shows or talk shows, maybe be hostess of a dating or reality show...lots of opportunity for erin

as for the twist?? I maintain it might be a "Mr P" thing where a couple of the guys are already milionaires...

my fondest hope is that Chad V...who is VP of his family canning businness..has family money like Andrew on the bachelor...

I would love to see erin hook up with a guy who has money, turns down the money and picks her..
    she/they get the 2 mill..
    and then we get to watch their courtship and wedding and see em as hosts for other shows
    it could be.....I love it

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I did see that fine print and even went back on Tivo to pause and read it.

It definitely gave me the impressino of the compensation on this show was going to be fairly significant. And I say Good for her!

In fact, maybe she initially said no and they realized they had a hit show with the potential of a second hit show. They make a LOT of money on these, so it was a win for the network even if they have to pay her 10 million dollars to do it.

She wins, the network wins, and I guess we win if we like the show.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    In fact, maybe she initially said no and they realized they had a hit show with the potential of a second hit show.
    It had to be well before show one aired, but it still sounds possible.

Maybe half a mil? Thus she'd really be risking something, but far from profitless if she lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It had to be well before show one aired, but it still sounds possible.

Maybe half a mil? Thus she'd really be risking something, but far from profitless if she lost.
    I've heard that NBC has given Erin a contract. She probably doesn't see it as any loss whatsoever. She is getting triple the TV exposure she would have had if she'd quit after FLOM1.

A contract for what? A walk-on guest appearance on a lame sitcom like "Good Morning, Miami" and a lock on her getting other employment for a year? Guest spots holding a mike in some lame "Access Hollywood" super-soft entertainment news spots for about a month until the next reality person comes along? How good could it be?

I mean she's FAR from the least well spoken person to come off a reality show, but as evidenced by her Tonight Show appearance... she's not a supreme wit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    A contract for what? A walk-on guest appearance on a lame sitcom like "Good Morning, Miami" and a lock on her getting other employment for a year? Guest spots holding a mike in some lame "Access Hollywood" super-soft entertainment news spots for about a month until the next reality person comes along? How good could it be?
    I'm sure you're right, but she doesn't (or at least didn't) know that at the time. Everyone wants to believe they are exceptional. Trista is as irritating as they come and the woman is everywhere so anything is possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast