+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Wade

Just to weigh in here ... I've been thinking about Wade since the finale, thinking about his reaction on the reunion show last week ... trying to piece everything together.

If Wade is who I think he is, (for the sake of shorthand - a Southern Gentleman) by the time the reunion show was taped, Erin was already saying in confessionals that Wade was a sure thing, and that she knew without a doubt that he would pick her over the money.

For a guy like Wade, pride and appearances are very important. So a guy like Wade might be watching the show, then having to attend this reunion and show up and smile like a puppet, then have to work with the network post-show to do these inane interviews that will be edited to say whatever the producers *want* them to say, knowing that you'll be used to the extent your contract allows and then tossed aside (and this from my own experiences dealing with the folks at the networks to get interviews).

And you're at home watching Erin say you're a "slam-dunk" (which a southern gentleman naturally translates as FOOL) and she gives you this long speech which - for just a moment - makes you think she might be choosing you - and the look of happiness crosses your face for the cameras to see -- just before she rejects you on national TV.

Wade may just be tired of being a puppet to the show that was taped months ago. If he lets a bit of bitterness creep into his interviews or his appearance on the reunion show, I'll grant him the right to do so.

(hate, hate, hate it when I make long posts like this ... )

Give me a big ol'
    Bumpkin
    I also think that Wade's face at the reunion was due to the fact that Erin was always repeating that he would choose her over the money any day. In Wade's place, I would feel really mad.

Wade is a human being like any other and I don't know why he's held to a higher standard than the rest of us. At least he didn't start crying and shouting into the camera that Erin would be sorry that she didn't pick him - which is what a lot of losers on these shows do. All the post-show publicity must have made him wish he'd never made it down to the final two.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Give me a big ol'
    Bumpkin
    I also think that Wade's face at the reunion was due to the fact that Erin was always repeating that he would choose her over the money any day. In Wade's place, I would feel really mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    Wade is a human being like any other and I don't know why he's held to a higher standard than the rest of us. At least he didn't start crying and shouting into the camera that Erin would be sorry that she didn't pick him - which is what a lot of losers on these shows do. All the post-show publicity must have made him wish he'd never made it down to the final two.

That fragile male ego. I don't recall anyone thinking Paige had been made a fool of. I also don't think Wade came across as foolish- and I'm not even a big Wade fan. I thought ERIN looked foolish always saying that he was a "slam dunk" when in the confessionals he wasn't sure what he would do. I thought her ego was looking a little large- and foolishly so because he didn't seem to feel as strongly for her as she thought he did. HE was playing a GOOD game. And speaking of games- I think -and thought all along- that Erin was only saying Wade was a sure thing so that she could look like she wasn't choosing money over love for a second time. Everyone seems to have taken her word for it that he was this sure thing, I never heard him say (until after it was over) that he would definately take money over Erin. (Paige did though). Erin, in my opinion, knew all along she would choose Chad and just set the stage to get some "nice girl" points in doing it. And it worked because I really do like Chad and Erin together.

Aggie

Contestant Wade

Man, Wade had everyone fooled......nice, sweet, innocent, he was quite the opposite and very cocky, too. Maybe now he can fit his head through the door...........

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Man, Wade had everyone fooled......nice, sweet, innocent, he was quite the opposite and very cocky, too. Maybe now he can fit his head through the door...........
    I never bought the nice innocent guy act. I know too many guys like him to know better, could see right through it. I take it you know him personally?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by emily5
    That fragile male ego.
    ...goes hand in hand with that passive-aggresive female hostility.

Erin was saying that Wade was a slam dunk because it was not within his character to take the money. Sometimes this was explicit and sometimes implicit in what she said. I also doubt that she went on and on about that on her own, but rather was repeatedly questioned and they showed the best quotes they could get.

It seemed to me that Wade didn't feel that Erin had led him on, as he was very explicit in the confessionals and to Erin's face (which I admired) that the passion thing was missing. I did think Wade was ever-so-slightly being underhanded in trying to cast doubt in Chad's mind that Erin was coming on as much to Wade as she was to Chad, when I believe Wade knew better by that last day.

The only negative thing that Wade has said that I have seen was something in the NBC page interview about if she had been my friend before, she may not be after. However, he has otherwise said in interviews that he does consider her a friend and a good person (though he clearly thinks the world of Chad). I would expect anyone who went on this show, even knowing the hazards of reality tv, to be dismayed with the show's "twists." Certainly Wade must have mixed feelings about the whole thing.
    Last edited by kyrjar; 09-23-2003 at 02:52 PM.

ha-ha

Quote Originally Posted by to-tix
    ...goes hand in hand with that passive-aggresive female hostility.

+ Reply to Thread