+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wade

FORT Fanatic
    I think he's being a little hard on her and he should know better than anyone that what you see is not necessarily what you get on these shows. They must have shown him 10 times saying that if Erin wasn't all over him on the last day that he would dump her for the money - and yet at the end he said he would never choose $1 million over her. He also defends Rob at every chance so he's obviously aware that you should trust your own judgement more than what you see on television.

By now we're all quite well aware that many of the comments made in interviews are scripted. Perhaps Wade said what he was told to say. Perhaps he was trying to save face. After all, how would if have looked if he had said, "I soooo would have taken the money over Erin"??

I've often wondered why seemingly sane and intelligent people go on these reality shows. Who can forget Charlie on the "Bachelorette" saying he felt like he was thrown under a bus, or any of the many bachelorette crying that they thought they were the one, or Sara from "Joe Mill." being humiliated in the press? I don't think Erin intentionally went out of her way to dupe Wade, but maybe someone should have warned him that most of these shows are based on lies and deception.
    Last edited by NYGal; 09-11-2003 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I've often wondered why seemingly sane and intelligent people go on these reality shows. Who can forget Charlie on the "Bachelorette" saying he felt like he was thrown under a bus, or any of the many bachelorette crying that they thought they were the one, or Sara from "Joe Mill." being humiliated in the press? I don't think Erin intentionally went out of her way to dupe Wade, but maybe someone should have warned him that most of these shows are based on lies and deception.
    I guess he is smart enough and understands everything without extra help. The bottom line is that he said that Erin was not good enough after all and feel the same about him after the show ended.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

By now we're all quite well aware that many of the comments made in interviews are scripted. Perhaps Wade said what he was told to say.
    Confessions are scripted for sure. And interviews too?

Perhaps he was trying to save face. After all, how would if have looked if he had said, "I soooo would have taken the money over Erin"??
    This is exactly it!

We all understood how painful it was for Wade to get rejected on national TV (that's why he feels for Rob). However, I don't appreciate him throwing stones around.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    We all understood how painful it was for Wade to get rejected on national TV (that's why he feels for Rob). However, I don't appreciate him throwing stones around.
    Oh Kaaaay! Erin is that you sweetie? Strong reaction for just a "fan". Sounds personal.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Oh Kaaaay! Erin is that you sweetie? Strong reaction for just a "fan". Sounds personal.
    Is everyone who has an opinion suspected of being "personal"? I am neither pro or against Erin. I am disappointed with Wade. People were suggesting that he was wearing a mask and I did not believe it but now I do.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Just for the record, I never saw any 'scripted' confessions. The interview and confessions were all prompted by questions, but they never told anyone what to say.

As for Wade saying negative things about Erin, I empathize, and can understand completely. He may not feel as betrayed by Erin (who was just playing the game) as by the game itself... the show set him up to be suckered... and I can understand why he'd lose a little respect for anyone who knowingly played along with it, like Erin.

From what I've heard, Erin may be the only person (well, along with Rob) who would have done the show knowing in advance what the real purpose was. Quite a few other people who did it seemed dismayed, disappointed, or cheated by the creators of the show. It was sold as an above-board competition, and instead became a giant mind-f*ck.

And by "quite a few others," I of course mean me.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

wade's interview didn't seem out of keeping with the stand-up guy persona we saw on the show. compared to what erin said about wade on national tv (he's a slam dunk, he's a sure thing, i could go with my heart or with that easily fooled chump - - ok,that last one may have been implied rather than stated out right) i think wade's comments are pretty darn nice. the one regarding if she'd been his friend she no longer would be... that's says more about his character than hers. she really didn't treat him in a friend-like manner and he is right to say he wouldn't want that kind of treatment from someone in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by 'crastinator
    wade's interview didn't seem out of keeping with the stand-up guy persona we saw on the show. compared to what erin said about wade on national tv (he's a slam dunk, he's a sure thing, i could go with my heart or with that easily fooled chump - - ok,that last one may have been implied rather than stated out right)
    Gee, I never thought about it that way. That's probably why he is so ticked. She just kept saying over and over that he was a "sure thing". I thought she meant he was too decent to pick the money over the girl, but I guess that was her code for a "fool". Wade must feel awful. He really did not come across as foolish but rather sweet, charming and decent. Poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Just for the record, I never saw any 'scripted' confessions. The interview and confessions were all prompted by questions, but they never told anyone what to say.
    But you were only there for a few days before any of the plot (as dull as it was) even began to unfold. I'm quite sure that the questions asked were phrased very carefully and in such a way that the producers got the replies they wanted without too much persuasion and coaching. They probably took a few comments out of context, besides.

+ Reply to Thread