+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wade

Based on his behavior on the show, Wade strikes me as a nice and decent guy, hence my good opinion of him. The Wade you guys are talking about, is not the one we the viewing audience saw. Something tells me this is personal.
    Last edited by NYGal; 09-10-2003 at 10:06 AM.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Wade always struck me as genuine... and his forthright opinion on his NBC.com interview is just bearing that out... seems like he's a good, basically honest guy who got suckered into a game he had no chance of winning and didn't want to be in.

And I think he's spot-on in his appraisal of Erin:

"my opinion after watching the show, that if she was my friend before she wouldn't have been my friend after. "

What is it that makes y'all think he was fronting? What did he do to indicate he was being manipulative or duplicitous?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Wade always struck me as genuine... and his forthright opinion on his NBC.com interview is just bearing that out... seems like he's a good, basically honest guy who got suckered into a game he had no chance of winning and didn't want to be in.

"my opinion after watching the show, that if she was my friend before she wouldn't have been my friend after. "

What is it that makes y'all think he was fronting? What did he do to indicate he was being manipulative or duplicitous?
    I don't think he was manipulative. He just seems more egotistical than my first impression of him. Most upset about "losing". Maybe that's just a guy thing? I also think it's alot easier to say he would've definately chosen Erin and not the money, when not given the choice. I recall alot of indecisiveness on his part re:taking the money. I am completely biased though and think Chad V. is the man of all men. (excluding my husband, of course- ha)

Quote Originally Posted by emily5
    I am completely biased though and think Chad V. is the man of all men. (excluding my husband, of course- ha)
    That explains your negativity and hostility towards Wade. And here I thought you knew him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    That explains your negativity and hostility towards Wade. And here I thought you knew him personally.
    as long as you're clear now...

Rab
    I hadn't watched all the episodes (only seen like what? 5? lol) but Wade is pretty handsome. Yay for the Wade game!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Based on his behavior on the show, Wade strikes me as a nice and decent guy, hence my good opinion of him. The Wade you guys are talking about, is not the one we the viewing audience saw. Something tells me this is personal.
    Just read his interview on NBC.com and see if your opinion changes.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall

His angry look at the reunion and the fact that he could say about a girl he was falling in love with (yah!) that after watching a show she was not good enough anymore. "Love" is a strong feeling that is not disappearing this quickly. He talks about completion and manipulation, and mainly what disappointed me is the fact that Erin is a price to him while he himself did not want to be the best of 15 but the one and only.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    His angry look at the reunion and the fact that he could say about a girl he was falling in love with (yah!) that after watching a show she was not good enough anymore. "Love" is a strong feeling that is not disappearing this quickly. He talks about completion and manipulation, and mainly what disappointed me is the fact that Erin is a price to him while he himself did not want to be the best of 15 but the one and only.
    that and the fact that I heard he hooked up with some California girl right after he left the mansion. Either he was on the rejection rebound or he was just a "player" like it would seem more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    I don't remember Wade saying he was falling in love with Erin, but in any case, people use the phrase "falling in love" rather than "I love you" because they are unsure of their feelings. They don't know if they're real or if they are reciprocated, which is certainly the case here. It is ridiculous to imagine that any of these people felt love for each other in such a short space of time under a cloud of mistrust and lies. Wade was infatuated with Erin because she seemed perfect and when he was able to witness what was going on behind the scenes he was disappointed that she wasn't the person he thought she was.

I think he's being a little hard on her and he should know better than anyone that what you see is not necessarily what you get on these shows. They must have shown him 10 times saying that if Erin wasn't all over him on the last day that he would dump her for the money - and yet at the end he said he would never choose $1 million over her. He also defends Rob at every chance so he's obviously aware that you should trust your own judgement more than what you see on television.

But still you can't blame the guy for feeling burned in this situation and changing his feelings for her after all these months have passed.

+ Reply to Thread