+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wade

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by benicecomics
    Hopefully, you're right that they are smart enough to learn from their mistakes per say. Do you think based on Wade's character, would he choose the money or the girl?

I think that his true character would probably choose love, IF there weren't all these lies and secrets attached.. But, knowing all that was there, I think he would be dumb if he chose the gold digger instead of the money..

I wonder how these contestants take it when they realize people have opinions of them.. ie. in Erin's case, she is a certified Gold Digger and nothing she can say or do would make America think other wise..

Your thoughts on it?
    I really thought Wade would choose Erin if she picked him up until the last episode. Wade now knows (or appeared to from the last episode) that Erin is not romantically into him and he looks like he is starting to feel the same way. At this point, he would be dumb to throw away $1M for a girl with whom there is no chemistry beyond a friendship. I think Wade would have chosen Erin if he felt that strongly about her. The $1M (probably $200K after taxes in a lump sum payment) would not have stopped him from choosing Erin if she was the right girl.

On the previews for the next show, Wade says something to the effect of 'Erin has nobody to blame but herself if I choose the million dollars' shows Erin's lack of affection/connection necessary to turn down the money. I don't think Wade is a gold digger in this case. It is the smart choice.

Wade was on the radio this morning in Dallas on a local radio station. He has been just about every week since the show started. He did indicate that in the conversations that he and Erin had on the show, she did not come across as using Wade as a 'safety net'. There connection was more sincere than the show is leading us to believe. However, he wasn't there when Erin was having her private interviews and saying these 'safety net' type thoughts about Wade. The power of editing can make anything happen.

That's good to hear that Wade is not stupid enough to think that the Gold digging Bimbo actually is in it for love and "loves" him..

Man o man o man.. He would loose all my respect then..

I just hope either Wade or Chad weren't stupid enough to fall for that crap and took the money..
    - R.I.P. John Ritter - You will be missed!!!!
    - Erika in BB4 Rocks! Aliwhore sucks
    - Carolyn & Ethan in Race To The Alter Rocks!! Cindy the Witch sucks
    - The Amazing Race & Survivor Rulez!!!!!
    - I'm never watching For Love Or Money where only Gold Diggers like Erin win.. Such a sad statement for society..
    - Cousin Mike in "The Family" is a Hottie!!!!!
    - THE FAMILY was the "Most" emotionally satisfying reality show ever!!

[QUOTE=TROF]Sdobbs synopsis of how Wade was seleceted was correct. He was approached to do the show. There was no trying out for it or anything like that. He was told that it would be a show with 15 guys and 1 girl and it was to be called 'Looking for Love'. Given this, he thought it would be something similar to the Batchelor/Batchelorette shows. Nothing about the $1M or the choice was divulged to him until they filmed the show. These guys were secluded in the house with no outside contact with the world ... no phone, tv's, radio's, etc. In fact FLOM1 was airing on tv for all of us to view at exactly the same time as when Wade and others were involved in the filming of FLOM2. They just didn't know because of no tv, newspapers, etc.

My impressions of Wade's take on the show was that it was way too long for them to be trapped in that house (5 weeks) without any outside contact. It is a nice house and nice accomodations but it is not real life and you get tired of it all after a while. I would guess that Wade wouldn't want to do it again but he doesn't have any regrets about the doing the show in the first place. It gave him and the others an experience of a lifetime. I don't think the lies and deception of the show really bothered these guys too much. After all, it is a make believe reality tv show that puts these guys in a fantasy world. It is not real life. It is a tv show designed for ratings only. I think they realize that now if they didn't realize that at the time of filming.[/QUOTE]

Thanks TROF. No matter how nice the house is, 5 weeks IS way too long! That's good to hear that the deception didn't bother the guys too much. Yeah, the show is a "show" and not real life. But I can't help to think that some of the emotions expressed during the show were real and genuine. I could be wrong ( but I don't think I am, hehe ) That is what I didn't know, if Wade was there to meet someone for his real life or was there just for the experience. I just didn't like seeing someones emotions ad feelings being exploited just for tv ratings since at the time they didn't know what was going on. But as long as they feel it was a positive experience for them, then that's cool.

FORT Newbie

Wade

I think Wade is perfect! I am glad Erin did not choose him, otherwise he would not be available : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been reading message boards all day, and from what I've gathered, Wade should be thanking his lucky stars he wasn't the "chosen" one. Yikes! I knew from the expression on his face at the reunion show, that he wasn't the "one". Oh well. Her loss is our gain. Ladies, the line starts behind me!

FORT Regular
    My only regret is that Chad is now unavailable. . .

I saw on another thread that there may be a FLOM 3-is Wade the man?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by hoofnit
    I saw on another thread that there may be a FLOM 3-is Wade the man?
    Now *that* would be something! I'd love to see more of Wade.

(...if I were only a little younger...and considerably thinner! Sigh...)
    "This week, I'd like to achieve self-actualization...either that or finish painting the bathroom."

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I've been reading message boards all day, and from what I've gathered, Wade should be thanking his lucky stars he wasn't the "chosen" one. Yikes! I knew from the expression on his face at the reunion show, that he wasn't the "one". Oh well. Her loss is our gain. Ladies, the line starts behind me!
    After reading Wade's interview on NBC site I think he was a fake through the whole show. Erin just saved his face by not choosing him.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    After reading Wade's interview on NBC site I think he was a fake through the whole show. Erin just saved his face by not choosing him.
    I never bought that good ole boy act. I agree he was a fake.

+ Reply to Thread