+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    These men are great. Please give them something real to do, instead of standing around on a stairway hoping to get picked by some woman they probably have no sincere interest in.
    All men have sincere interest in a woman that is being desired by somebody else. This is called a chain effect.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    What if no one on the show desire her?

And I would argue that not all men have interest in a woman just because someone else wants her. For instance, I can happily step aside and let that soap opera guy deal with the nightmare that must be living with Kelly Ripa.

This is called a "stay away from ball and" chain effect.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    What if no one on the show desire her?

And I would argue that not all men have interest in a woman just because someone else wants her. For instance, I can happily step aside and let that soap opera guy deal with the nightmare that must be living with Kelly Ripa.

This is called a "stay away from ball and" chain effect.
    It's a caveman talking in you.

Okay, back to the subject of Dan ... I just want to rip that shirt off of him, pull those glasses off of his face, and see if he's wearing a Superman suit underneath those clothes. But I suppose it's possible I just want him because some of the other women have already indicated some interest (chain effect).

I hope he's not a total dork on the show, because I can only go back and edit these posts within 30 minutes and I may wish I'd never said these things.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    Okay, back to the subject of Dan ... I just want to rip that shirt off of him, pull those glasses off of his face, and see if he's wearing a Superman suit underneath those clothes. But I suppose it's possible I just want him because some of the other women have already indicated some interest (chain effect).

I hope he's not a total dork on the show, because I can only go back and edit these posts within 30 minutes and I may wish I'd never said these things.
    Mimi, I am afraid he is already spoken for by Erin Brodie:

"- What three people would you combine to create your ideal mate?
    - Frank Sinatra, James Bond and Superman. "

I would hardly call this a sincere interest. At best it's going to be a competition, where the woman is viewed as a prize, not a future wife and mother. Since there is also a more tangible prize here in the form of $1 million, Erin is going to be even less appealing as a potential mate.

If Rob hadn't been such a no personality womanizer he may have had a real chance to get any one of the women to choose him. He is a lawyer afterall and could probably provide a lifestyle even more attractive than a 40-year-annuity. It is usually not a man's dream to find a woman to support him and as far as they know Erin doesn't have any bucks or serious earning potential anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    All men have sincere interest in a woman that is being desired by somebody else. This is called a chain effect.

FORT Regular
    This guy has such an endearing quality. I'm glad she kept him on, but I don't think he'll last much longer. I'll bet he's got that special little something that will equate to the kiss of death on this show - brains.

I don't remember Dan real well, but I think he seemed nice enough and I think he is cute. My first impression is that he is more interested in the money so I hope Erin cuts him next. I want Erin to get that 2 million.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by drkim
    I don't remember Dan real well, but I think he seemed nice enough and I think he is cute. My first impression is that he is more interested in the money so I hope Erin cuts him next. I want Erin to get that 2 million.
    Hi you guys. Dan is a good buddy of mine and I wanted to clear up/verify a few things: (1) he's one of the nicest, sweetest guys you'll ever meet; (2) he's smart as hell (and even funnier); and (3) he never did this for the money. In fact, before he even went on this show he told all of us that if he won (he was always too humble to think he would win so he never assumed that, but nevertheless in his hypothetical world of winning) he would pick the girl over the money regardless of whether he liked her or not. He did not approve of the idea of taking money over a person.

Anyway, I just thought Dan should have a voice in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondertwin
    ... In fact, before he even went on this show he told all of us that if he won ... he would pick the girl over the money regardless of whether he liked her or not. He did not approve of the idea of taking money over a person.
    Okay, now I'm really confused. I didn't know these guys knew BEFORE the show about the money, yet you're saying he had already made up his mind and told you BEFORE he went on the show that he would not pick money over the woman. So why would he say that to you if he didn't know about the money until AFTER he had been sequestered in the mansion?

I'm a "Dan fan," so I don't doubt that he's funny and smart and any other superlative you want to fling his way, but does he really need cheerleaders?
    Last edited by mimi; 07-16-2003 at 05:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast