+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad F.

After last night's show, I can't think of him as anything but Billybob. Those teeth are awful.

I remember the teeth, but don't really remember him at all. Did Erin keep him I guess??? I think Erin is looking for who would pick her over the money - he seems like a nice guy.
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I thought he was good-looking! Kind of reminded me of Benjamin Bratt!

K

Just to set the record straight, Chad is a really good-looking guy, and the lighting on the photo really doesn't show him as he is. He was also one of the friendliest, funniest and most easy-going people I've met in quite a while (best exemplified by his trying to get everyone to read David Sedaris 'Naked' while we were there, and listening and singing along with Dan to really bad cheesy lounge covers of popular songs on his Discman... the sound of them crooning 'smack my bitch up' over and over while double over laughing will haunt me for years...

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago

awww,it sounds like you guys had a good time!! It's too bad that we didn't get to see any of that stuff. I don't feel like I got to know the guys AT ALL in the first episode. Thanx for letting us in on what really went on Sean!

It is too bad they jumped right into the eliminations in a single one-hour episode... you not only missed Chad's singing, but also Wade's infamous answer to Chad's question 'if you were a woman for a day, what would you do?'

Maybe they're saving that for the outtakes episode, along with every single inappropriate and hilarious thing that Paul said.

I was amazed to hear Erin saying some of the things she did to the contestants during elimination because I didn't notice her have any interactions whatsoever with half of the men after the introduction.

I was also surprised when you said that you and the others had chosen Chris as the "date". I missed this entirely. The whole thing went by in a blur and we didn't get any insight into why Erin made the choices she made.

Quote Originally Posted by sean messenger
    It is too bad they jumped right into the eliminations in a single one-hour episode... you not only missed Chad's singing, but also Wade's infamous answer to Chad's question 'if you were a woman for a day, what would you do?'

Maybe they're saving that for the outtakes episode, along with every single inappropriate and hilarious thing that Paul said.

What you didn't see on the air was a scene where Jordan arrives on the morning of day 3 to tell us Erin was arriving that afternoon for a BBQ, and we would all be split up into 2 groups of 4, 2 groups of 3, and one single man for the "stations". He then instructed us to determine who would get which setup, suggesting that the man who got the single "date" would get a better chance to impress Erin (and, of course, win ONE.... MILLION.... DOLLARS

Immediately we started talking it up. Richard abdicated the single date. I abdicated the single date. Other guys were split between wanting to get alone time, and trying to figure out good groups to be in... we hemmed and hawed until Chad F. came up with the idea of having the guys who wanted the single date presenting their case why. As I remember, Eric, Dustin, Chris, Wade and Munch all lobbied for the job, and after voting, we agreed that Chris's story, about how Erin knew his older brother from college and could only think of him as the kid brother of one of her peers won out over Dustin's compelling claim that he should go because he volunteered to go first when meeting her.

And to put the lie to the competition aspect they seem to be editing for, when Chris did get his alone time with Erin, we were all watching on and rooting for him. He's a really nice guy, and we wanted him to get a fair chance... when she left, we all gathered around the hibachi, snacked on Chad V.'s excellent BBQ, downed much of Munch's even more excellent margaritas, and teased Chris about how well he had done and how we all knew for a fact he was all set for the next round.

Hence our complete shock when Chris got dismissed. It was immediately after we saw him get the boot that we pieced together the whole scam behind the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sean messenger
    ...Hence our complete shock when Chris got dismissed. It was immediately after we saw him get the boot that we pieced together the whole scam behind the show.
    Okay, are you saying that all of you guys figured out the twist behind this show because Erin kicked off a guy she seemed to get along with at the backyard BBQ? I mean, obviously you knew that if you were able to get Erin to choose you, you had the option of choosing Erin or receive a million dollars (because Jordan told you so). But are you saying that you figured out that Erin was choosing the men based on a strategy she was playing to win money herself?

(Edited to say ... you knew that if you were able to get Erin to choose you, you would receive a million dollars. I guess you weren't supposed to know that it would be the money OR the woman until later on in the show, assuming the show was modeled after FLOM-1.)

I'm really curious about this, because yesterday a friend of Dan's posted that Dan knew about the money BEFORE the show was taped. That may or not have been true. But now you're saying that you guys had the money aspect figured out right off the bat. (At least I THINK that's what you're implying here.)

That just amazes me because the whole premise of this show is based on this diabolical little plot that NBC cooked up to put contestants in a room to compete for the love of a woman in order to possibly win cash. If you guys knew that Erin was on the receiving end of some cash herself if she chose you, then no one was playing for love. No surprise, no suspense, no twists, no angles, just a bunch of guys who knew the ending and options ahead of time? And you figured all of this out without the benefit of having seen or heard about FLOM-1? And your only other clue was a 36-D bra that you found in the closet?!?!?!
    Last edited by mimi; 07-17-2003 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    And your only other clue was a 36-D bra that you found in the closet?!?!?!
    I'm interested about this point too. Why would NBC make up the story about building the mansion specifically for the purposes of creating FLOM2? I don't know much about CA real estate, but I'm guessing this place must have cost many millions just for the property alone. Since the prize amounts to 47 cents per day, why would they spend such exhorbitant amounts building a set?

Surely they must have realized from the get-go that this house was lived in at some point by someone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast