+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Erin - The "Object d' Affection"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    Erin as a broadcaster??? I can't imagine it. The sound of her voice makes me want to ram cotton in my ears with a red hot poker. Perhaps a job behind the scenes would be a better fit for her.
    I gotta agree w/you on that one! As a person who deals professionally with voices, I find Erin's to be excessively nasal, and in my opinion, she does not sound very professional. I would think that she might want to work on that if she's looking toward a career in television. Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum
    I gotta agree w/you on that one! As a person who deals professionally with voices, I find Erin's to be excessively nasal, and in my opinion, she does not sound very professional. I would think that she might want to work on that if she's looking toward a career in television. Just my opinion!
    "Some reality TV stars will do almost anything to extend their fifteen minutes of fame. For example, consider Erin Brodie, the star of NBC's For Love Or Money 2. EastSide Boxing and the Boston Herald (print edition only) report that Erin, daughter of NFL and pro golf great John Brodie, will be serving as a ring announcer and signing autographs at the MoheganSun Fight Night at the Brockton (MA) Fairgrounds Stadium on Saturday, August 9. The event benefits the Massachusetts Film Bureau.

During her visit to Boston, Erin also threw out the first pitch before the Red Sox-Orioles game at Fenway Park on August 8; the Herald (print edition only) has a nice half-page color picture of her throwing. And, to answer the question that many have been asking, Erin said that she doesn't think the return of Rob Campos, whom she rejected in For Love Or Money to win $465,000 (which she then returned), in For Love Or Money 2 will poison her chances with the other guys. Said Erin, "He's not a vicious guy. He's really a nice guy."

Of course, Erin has the advantage of knowing how everything turns out; we don't. We'll see whether she was throwing anything other than the baseball during her Boston appearance."
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

she really is channeling the spirit of Trista Rehn ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin
    she really is channeling the spirit of Trista Rehn ...
    She sure is.

However, read this and you will see that Erin is not only strategizing (that I started doubting at some point) but also has feeeeeelings for the guy(s). At the same time, she openly admitted that she rarely liked anybody that translates into her getting FLOM2 for money only.

"When it came time to the eliminations, how much of your decision was strategy and how much based on actual chemistry with the guys?
    That's a good question. When I first got in there, you don't have a lot of feelings for anyone. If you look at it realistically, obviously the ideal thing is to develop feelings for someone and also win the money. If the feelings aren't there, then what do you do? That's hard.

So, until I started developing feelings for these guys it was a lot of strategy. Once I started developing feelings for someone in particular, it became much more my heart. Then I knew my odds of winning [might be] less because as soon as your heart goes into it your strategy goes out the window.

That was an interesting dynamic when that started happening about halfway through…after the individual dates.

Were you surprised that you developed those kinds of feelings in this kind of situation?
    I can't believe it. I was pretty skeptical. I've dated a lot of guys and I never like anyone! And a lot of guys don't like me, of course.

What's generally the first thing you notice about a guy?
    The first thing I notice is his presence or demeanor. How well do they carry themselves…are they confident? Are they well spoken? Are they fun? You don't get to see a lot of that at the beginning of this process."

(From NBC.com)
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    Erin as a broadcaster??? I can't imagine it. The sound of her voice makes me want to ram cotton in my ears with a red hot poker. Perhaps a job behind the scenes would be a better fit for her.

1.She's a daughter of a sports hero
    2.She's pretty and has a great bod.
    Do you think most guys will care about the voice in a sports broadcast?

It just brings up something she brings to the table though. Through her dad and I believe she also has 2 brother in laws who are current NFL players, she would be able to score prime tickets. Even to the super bowl .
    That in itself would be worth giving up a million over forty years for most guys. Even if she looked like Granny Clampett...

Quote Originally Posted by eny

Do you think most guys will care about the voice in a sports broadcast?
    Not if they have their closed captioning turned on. Or if Erin is doing the broadcast nekkid. Hey now, there is an idea! Erin could be a broadcaster on the Naked News.

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar

Erin

for some reson I can't get to the likeing of this Erin woman. I didn't like her in the first one and this just makes it worse cause we have to see more of her....that dude should have just picked the other girl and things would be all good. (experianceing a brain fart right now forgot names)
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

FORT Regular
    Okay, I know people give her a LOT of flack, but I have to say, I like Erin. Even respect her, for the most part. Let's face it, who REALLY comes on these Reality Dating Shows to meet the love of their life, their soulmate, their husband, wife, lover, whatever? No one. That's right. NO ONE. Half the contestants of these shows (especially the knockoff, NOT-Bachelor ones that're filmed so quickly that no one really CAN get to know someone else) have said that they wren't ready for marriage, for long-term relationships, for their 'soulmates' and even if they were, that they wouldn't find them in a format like that. At least Erin is COMPLETELY up front about what she's after. She wants MONEY. She didn't go on FLOM thinking that Rob (or whomever the guy was) would be her love, her forever. She just took a gamble. Well, that's what she's doing now. Gambling again. Nothing wrong with that.

And, to boot, she's smart, she's savvy, she's cunning and logical (for the most part... I disagree with her logic in a couple of HER choices, but hey, it's her show, right?), she knows what she's after and she's not going home without it, and I say 'go, Erin.'

Plus which, she's not half as monotonous or awful to look at as Rob the Knob was.

FORT Newbie
    I think their all in it for them money. Erin, the guys.. all of them. Rob appears to be the only exception to that. He's suppose to be back tonight because he wants another chance with Erin. It's doubtful that she'll choose Rob. On the other hand.. she just might because she knows that he will probably pick her over the money. On the other hand again..... I wonder if he's going have the 1 million option??? Hmmmm.... much to think about here.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, I'm totally holding judgement on this Rob thing till I've made it past the blood trickling from my ears at the sound of his voice and at least found out why he's there. I DO think he'll put an interesting spin on things, given that he did (and has said so in numerous interviews) really like Erin. It should prove some interesting competition for some of the boys who don't know about their past and only see him as 'the guy who ACTUALLY likes her'...

+ Reply to Thread