+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin - The "Object d' Affection"

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    I can't believe I'm gonna defend him, but...

Rob may have also been naive(or egocentric) enough to believe that anyone with Erin's apparent good manners and respect for others would NOT knowingly mislead him... from her statement about him grabbing her heart, to the oxygen-depriving kisses she laid on him on that last day... it seems to me she did everything she could at the end to indicate thru actions (actions, Paige, not words!) that she was indeed falling for him... and we know that Rob is a man of not-insignificant ego, so he may well have believed 100% that even tho Paige looked like an obvious choice, Erin would in fact want to be with him, and he could choose the one he liked the most, rather than the one who liked HIM the most.

Despite her protestations to the contrary, Erin played him. If she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, she should have bowed out. You can't have the cash and not be a bad guy... it doesn't work that way. She toyed with his emotions, led him on, and then betrayed him by making a choice that ensures he can never see him again. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    I honestly think Rob hoped Erin would choose him. Also he was trying to play this ethically.

What woman on earth would want a man who would do what you suggest here as a possible solution?
    Well, what I am suggesting would give him a slight chance, what he did left him empty-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    I can't believe I'm gonna defend him, but...

Rob may have also been naive(or egocentric) enough to believe that anyone with Erin's apparent good manners and respect for others would NOT knowingly mislead him... from her statement about him grabbing her heart, to the oxygen-depriving kisses she laid on him on that last day... it seems to me she did everything she could at the end to indicate thru actions (actions, Paige, not words!) that she was indeed falling for him... and we know that Rob is a man of not-insignificant ego, so he may well have believed 100% that even tho Paige looked like an obvious choice, Erin would in fact want to be with him, and he could choose the one he liked the most, rather than the one who liked HIM the most.

Despite her protestations to the contrary, Erin played him. If she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, she should have bowed out. You can't have the cash and not be a bad guy... it doesn't work that way. She toyed with his emotions, led him on, and then betrayed him by making a choice that ensures he can never see him again. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
    Out of all girls, Lauren and Erin played him less than all others.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    Out of all girls, Lauren and Erin played him less than all others.
    I'm not sure about that... Lauren never did much of anything to indicate any feelings for him.

Erin was much more sly... saying things like "you know how I feel about you," handing him that note after the zoo, making the first move to kiss him... and I have to point out that you can't tell someone one day "you grabbed my heart" and then a few days later explain that you had no connection. Those two statements are incompatible, so she had to be lying about one or the other. Either she had feelings for Rob or she didn't. She chose a 40 year annuity over him after doing and saying things that indicated to him quite clearly that she was interested in a relationship.

But back to snarking... I think NBC is trying to punish her for her evil ways by posting only the least flattering photos of her on the website... look what they've done to the photo of her on the main NBC page now! It's the photo from FLOM1, but somehow photoshopped to make her look more like her new photo (less tan, more lines) Click on the thumbnails from now and then below and compare... it's like they are purposely presenting her in a different way (maybe they are setting her up to be the BAD guy this time around?):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brockdrywall; 07-11-2003 at 12:33 PM.

I'm not sure about that... Lauren never did much of anything to indicate any feelings for him.

Erin was much more sly... saying things like "you know how I feel about you," handing him that note after the zoo, making the first move to kiss him... and I have to point out that you can't tell someone one day "you grabbed my heart" and then a few days later explain that you had no connection. Those two statements are incompatible, so she had to be lying about one or the other. Either she had feelings for Rob or she didn't. She chose a 40 year annuity over him after doing and saying things that indicated to him quite clearly that she was interested in a relationship.

But back to snarking... I think NBC is trying to punish her for her evil ways by posting only the least flattering photos of her on the website... look what they've done to the photo of her on the main NBC page now! It's the photo from FLOM1, but somehow photoshopped to make her look more like her new photo (less tan, more lines):
    Hm.. "You grabbed my heart" line was definitely out of line. I agree. Everything else mentioned is less obvious to me. Lauren was picked by Rob a few times simply because he could read her, the same happened with Erin, I think.

Once, all the girls in my class were in love with a guy who I could not stand. I pretended that I liked him too just because I did not want to be singled out in any way. But...I was 14 at that time.

About NBC website. I am a web designer myself and can tell you that something major happened with that site. FLOM1 page is MUCH better in terms of style, quality of pictures, colors and layout than FLOM2. In my opinion, FLOM2 page was quickly put together by a beginner.

Hm.. "You grabbed my heart" line was definitely out of line. I agree. Everything else mentioned is less obvious to me. Lauren was picked by Rob a few times simply because he could read her, the same happened with Erin, I think.

Once, all the girls in my class were in love with a guy who I could not stand. I pretended that I liked him too just because I did not want to be singled out in any way. But...I was 14 at that time.

About NBC website. I am a web designer myself and can tell you that something major happened with that site. FLOM1 page is MUCH better in terms of style, quality of pictures, colors and layout than FLOM2. In my opinion, FLOM2 page was quickly put together by a beginner.
    I meant "he could NOT read her", sorry!

Why would they use a totally different photo from FLOM1 to put on the home page for NBC now tho? That's where the photo above came from... not the FLOM2 site, but the NBC main page. If you go there now you'll see the ad for the show running on the side with the old photo of Erin, but this really bad photo in the middle of the page. I'm telling you, it's a photographic conspiracy! They want us to start rooting against Erin from the start now, so when the guy takes the money she's the villian (then we can start FLOM3 with the new bachelor!)

Why would they use a totally different photo from FLOM1 to put on the home page for NBC now tho? That's where the photo above came from... not the FLOM2 site, but the NBC main page. If you go there now you'll see the ad for the show running on the side with the old photo of Erin, but this really bad photo in the middle of the page. I'm telling you, it's a photographic conspiracy! They want us to start rooting against Erin from the start now, so when the guy takes the money she's the villian (then we can start FLOM3 with the new bachelor!)
    Those two pictures (on the banner and in the middle of the page) were taken on the same day, I bet. The difference is in picture quality. Both were digitally enhanced but one turned out to be a little better in terms of color deepness.

I agree. I wouldnt' be surprised if they cut out some scenes of her and Rob to make it appear that Rob was just a dope instead of the fact that she is ruthless. I find it very hard to believe that he had those conversations with Paige about the immediate and long term future and didn't get similar answers from Erin in order to sway his decision in her favor.

It sounds like she strongly suspected that she and Rob would split the money if he chose her, so she obviously just wanted to take the money with no strings attached.

Rob deserves what he gets, but she kind of screwed Paige over as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    I agree. I wouldnt' be surprised if they cut out some scenes of her and Rob to make it appear that Rob was just a dope instead of the fact that she is ruthless. I find it very hard to believe that he had those conversations with Paige about the immediate and long term future and didn't get similar answers from Erin in order to sway his decision in her favor.

It sounds like she strongly suspected that she and Rob would split the money if he chose her, so she obviously just wanted to take the money with no strings attached.

Rob deserves what he gets, but she kind of screwed Paige over as well.
    I don't think so. Erin came back from one-on-one being positive that Rob will choose Paige. If he would ask her about the family and stuff, she would not be all that sure.

+ Reply to Thread