+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Erin - The "Object d' Affection"

Double-standard anyone???

I'm not quite sure why people are so deeply angry with Erin.

Yes, she did lead Rob on in FLOM1. Whether she truly didn't realize that he had such a deep attraction to her or whether she was playing both him and Paige I can't say. If she truly didn't know how "smitten" he was with her, then she's not so good at reading signals.

When I watched the last show of FLOM1 (and that was the only one in that series that I watched), it was clear from Rob's body language that he was more drawn to Erin, so I was surprised when she told Paige that she was sure he would pick Paige. But she also hadn't been on Paige's dates, so she really had no basis for comparison.

That said, I was really quite impressed tonight by the fact that she DIDN'T seem to be "playing" all of the guys. She was much more physcially affectionate/intimate with Chad than she was with either Wade or Rob. She didn't kiss Rob that I saw, and she only gave Wade a little perfunctory peck--while she and Chad were all over each other. Wade seemed to get a pretty clear message that the passion wasn't there for her.

Yes, she probably misled Rob in FLOM1, I certainly haven't forgotten the "nice girls finish rich" quote that they kept playing. But if you think about it, Rob was sucking face with all of the finalists, and they were comparing notes. Based on what he was doing in terms of expressing physical affection, how could she know for sure that he liked her any more than Paige or Kelly.

Erin has given the men much more clear signals about where they stand with her in terms of her romantic feelings than Rob did with the women. Didn't he make out in the hot tub with Kelly, on the floor with Erin, and I forget where with Paige (oh, I guess I saw the last two episodes ).

Maybe if Rob had been a bit less of an equal-opportunity-maker-outer, Erin would have had a more clear message that she was the front runner, and then we'd know for sure that she was cold-heartedly playing Rob rather than just kissing someone who was apparently a decent kisser (from what she told Paige that last day) and seemed to be kissing everyone.

I have no idea what her motives are--other than to extend her 15 minutes, but I'm having a hard time identifying with the intense anger towards her. She's been way less of a player than Rob was with the women.

That's my two cents (well actually probably a couple of dollars worth). (I have no idea what this image means, but I thought it was cute. Hope it's not something rude.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I'm not quite sure why people are so deeply angry with Erin.

Yes, she did lead Rob on in FLOM1. Whether she truly didn't realize that he had such a deep attraction to her or whether she was playing both him and Paige I can't say. If she truly didn't know how "smitten" he was with her, then she's not so good at reading signals.

When I watched the last show of FLOM1 (and that was the only one in that series that I watched), it was clear from Rob's body language that he was more drawn to Erin, so I was surprised when she told Paige that she was sure he would pick Paige. But she also hadn't been on Paige's dates, so she really had no basis for comparison.

That said, I was really quite impressed tonight by the fact that she DIDN'T seem to be "playing" all of the guys. She was much more physcially affectionate/intimate with Chad than she was with either Wade or Rob. She didn't kiss Rob that I saw, and she only gave Wade a little perfunctory peck--while she and Chad were all over each other. Wade seemed to get a pretty clear message that the passion wasn't there for her.

Yes, she probably misled Rob in FLOM1, I certainly haven't forgotten the "nice girls finish rich" quote that they kept playing. But if you think about it, Rob was sucking face with all of the finalists, and they were comparing notes. Based on what he was doing in terms of expressing physical affection, how could she know for sure that he liked her any more than Paige or Kelly.

Erin has given the men much more clear signals about where they stand with her in terms of her romantic feelings than Rob did with the women. Didn't he make out in the hot tub with Kelly, on the floor with Erin, and I forget where with Paige (oh, I guess I saw the last two episodes ).

Maybe if Rob had been a bit less of an equal-opportunity-maker-outer, Erin would have had a more clear message that she was the front runner, and then we'd know for sure that she was cold-heartedly playing Rob rather than just kissing someone who was apparently a decent kisser (from what she told Paige that last day) and seemed to be kissing everyone.

I have no idea what her motives are--other than to extend her 15 minutes, but I'm having a hard time identifying with the intense anger towards her. She's been way less of a player than Rob was with the women.

That's my two cents (well actually probably a couple of dollars worth). (I have no idea what this image means, but I thought it was cute. Hope it's not something rude.)
    The only reason I am upset with Erin is that she talks about money too much and not mentioning love at all.
    *A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play. (Nietzsch)*

FORT Regular
    Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think Erin is Great!

Go Erin!

Win the game!

FORT Regular
    Hey I'm with Miss Griss all the way.

Erin is great. She saw through Rob's sex-driven FLOM 1--kissing everyone in sight at every opportunity!

Erin isn't doing that with Wade. If she was a true gold-digger, she'd be playing Wade like a fine instrument to ensure that he would fall for her and not the $.

Erin deserves to win it all.

I hope that she does.

Go Erin!

FORT Regular
    I think Erin is just naturally a bit guarded. She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve like Paige. This is one of the reasons Rob was drawn to her ... that sense of mystery. I thinks she is pretty classy and I hope she wins both Chad and the 2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by korndog
    I think Erin is just naturally a bit guarded. She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve like Paige. This is one of the reasons Rob was drawn to her ... that sense of mystery. I thinks she is pretty classy and I hope she wins both Chad and the 2 million.
    I'm totally with you! Now, we have two weeks to wait,
    Danagabrielle

I agree that she is a classy lady and doesn't give out her affection easily. Because of that, it has become obvious that she is only attracted to Chad. Even the editors would have a hard time trying to make it seem she had chemistry with any of the other men.

I too hope she picks Chad and he picks her and they get to split the $2 mil and spend it together. But, only time will tell. If she does pick him, being unsure of his motives (every woman really attracted to a man is insecure about his feelings toward her), she will prove to everyone that she really is looking for love and it isn't all about the money. However, if she picks Wade - we'll know what her motive is.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    The only reason I am upset with Erin is that she talks about money too much and not mentioning love at all.
    I usually agree with you MissP, but it seems to me that the participants were constantly being asked questions about the money and they are playing only their answers so it appears as if they talk about it all the time.

I generally like Erin, but I don't feel really strongly about it. Of course, I have never seen her "live" where Fluff has mentioned that she does not come across well.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    Really?
    I don't know if that is true or not but it would be definitely prudent to do so.
    I can hardly find sensible the idea of hitching with somebody after a few hot dates on a national TV. Or falling in love that way. I cannot deny that some people get infatuated on the first look but they are usually not facing monetary choices. I think money/career (in Erin case career on TV might be a bigger reason) seems to me a heck of a lot more attractive than the beef selection offered in FLOM2.

FORT Newbie

Does anyone else think Erin's headtilting is annoying?

I swear I want to slap her head straight.
    does she not have any friends that will tell her how stupid she looks when she snaps the head ear to shoulder and it's NOT cute.
    She will never be hollywood material because she looks like she's watching a rerun of the 60 Batman series!!!!!
    I bet those guys probably had a hoot laughing over her head tilting, I know I would!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread