+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Why didn't Rob choose Paige?

  1. #1
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2

    Why didn't Rob choose Paige?

    I would like to talk about this, folks. I want to hear what you guys have to say about our final episode. Rob should never have dragged Paige to the finals. I thought he was in love with her and THAT was why she made it to the end. But maybe at the last minute he got skittish about the age difference. You know, this is the kind of guy who fails to recognize that women are people too, and instead thinks of them in superficial ways. Lots of men do that. And I thought Rob was very rude to Paige on a number of occasions. It's like he couldn't handle the idea that someone could actually be in love with him for him, that somebody could be his friend, that somebody could share a heart with him. Instead, he wanted to play games. Which is unfortunately what this show was. A big game. He was a dreadful flirt, a playboy from start to finish. In the end, I'm glad Paige didn't end up with him. But wouldn't it have been lovely if Rob had changed, if he had grown up, become a man, faced the truth, and let himself fall in love with Paige. She was the best of the lot. And he was such a fool. She may have been too "young" for Rob, but she is an old soul. I think everyone could learn something from her. Sigh.

  2. #2
    FORT Fan mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by dogeye
    But wouldn't it have been lovely if Rob had changed, if he had grown up, become a man, faced the truth, and let himself fall in love with Paige. She was the best of the lot. And he was such a fool. She may have been too "young" for Rob, but she is an old soul. I think everyone could learn something from her. Sigh.
    Dogeye, my mother used to read fairy tales to me when I was younger, too.

  3. #3
    FORT Regular Daisey41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Age
    52
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by dogeye
    I would like to talk about this, folks. I want to hear what you guys have to say about our final episode. Rob should never have dragged Paige to the finals. I thought he was in love with her and THAT was why she made it to the end. But maybe at the last minute he got skittish about the age difference. You know, this is the kind of guy who fails to recognize that women are people too, and instead thinks of them in superficial ways. Lots of men do that. And I thought Rob was very rude to Paige on a number of occasions. It's like he couldn't handle the idea that someone could actually be in love with him for him, that somebody could be his friend, that somebody could share a heart with him. Instead, he wanted to play games. Which is unfortunately what this show was. A big game. He was a dreadful flirt, a playboy from start to finish. In the end, I'm glad Paige didn't end up with him. But wouldn't it have been lovely if Rob had changed, if he had grown up, become a man, faced the truth, and let himself fall in love with Paige. She was the best of the lot. And he was such a fool. She may have been too "young" for Rob, but she is an old soul. I think everyone could learn something from her. Sigh.
    My feeling is that Rob knew that Erin would pick the money and felt safer picking her. Paige was too much into him and this must had scared him. I do not believe that he was ready for love.

  4. #4
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    Dogeye, my mother used to read fairy tales to me when I was younger, too.
    If Rob and Paige together is a fairy tale than we are all here still monkeys.

  5. #5
    I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    496
    The problem is that Paige was never in love with Rob... she was in love with the idea of being in love... she strikes me as the kind of girl who has had a hard life, known only heartbreak and disappointment (see her comments on her family's need for money and her fatalism about things never going her way), and thought this was finally a chance at a storybook ending, and in so doing ignored the facts that love happens slowly, and develops as a respect and admiration for the nature and actions of another, and not as a consequence of lust and need for affection. She may be an old soul, but she is still emotionally underdeveloped, and needs to learn how to take her time in adult relationships. This is a girl who went from professing to Rob that she was "so ready to start a family" to moving out to LA "just to see what happens". That's all well and good when you're 21 and on your own, but Paige, please, slow down. Enjoy your little bit of fame, find someone you can take the time to know, respect, and admire, and use dating and flings to burn off that sexual energy. Don't tell yourself you need to find the one... that's just something divorce lawyers tell us all to keep themselves in business.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

  6. #6
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    I'd agree with everyone else here.

    Paige loved the idea of being in love... add to that the stench of desperation that followed her wherever she goes. Even someone as dimwitted as Rob would be turned off by that.

    Add to that Paige has the psycho/fatal attraction quality in spades.

  7. #7
    FORT Fanatic MissPoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    450

    Agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I'd agree with everyone else here.

    Paige loved the idea of being in love... add to that the stench of desperation that followed her wherever she goes. Even someone as dimwitted as Rob would be turned off by that.

    Add to that Paige has the psycho/fatal attraction quality in spades.
    Miss Filangi and brockdrywall !

    I agree with both of you for 100%.

  8. #8
    Sleeping with George W
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    869
    I think Rob was just a guy in his mid thirties who got all worked up over the idea of sex with a barely young twenties Paige. He kept telling Paige that she was "driving him crazy." I believe that would mean "crazy with lust."

    I for one thought Rob redeemed himself a little by choosing the grown woman, Erin. Rob is way too old for Paige, in years and life experience. This became very clear at the breakfast table, where Rob and Erin were engaged in a conversation about Katherine Graham, and Paige sat there obviously not having a clue about what they were talking about.

    When Rob said he thought he had a "better chance" with Erin, I believe he meant a better chance to have a grown-up relationship with a woman his own age. And that, Rob, was a good choice -- even if it did end up badly.

  9. #9
    FORT Fan genericwife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden
    I for one thought Rob redeemed himself a little by choosing the grown woman, Erin. Rob is way too old for Paige, in years and life experience. This became very clear at the breakfast table, where Rob and Erin were engaged in a conversation about Katherine Graham, and Paige sat there obviously not having a clue about what they were talking about.
    I agree.

    The dinner table scene was very telling. Rob showed his true feelings, and his choice was obvious. It was all about Erin in Rob's eyes.

    I think the show would have been a lot better if NBC would have splurged, and sent Rob on a final date with each lady. The whole "he's going to pick you -- no, he's going to pick YOU" thing sucked.

  10. #10
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4
    I agree about Paige been a little to young for Rob, and maybe Rob did have true feelings for her but i think his decision was for the best. Say he would had chosen Paige people here would have been labeling him as a child molester or some crap like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.