+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Love, No Money

No Love, No Money

So, I was just pondering the outcome of this show (I know, I'd be better off killing more brain cells with Cuervo, but it's not a Paradise Hotel night).

Erin, the winner, got neither money OR love. I think that's a little unfair. They should have named the show "For Love, Money, or A Show Of Your Own"

Hug me!
    Just thought about Rob. He has no love, no money and no job.

Hey, may be Kobe Bryant can hire him to be his lawyer.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I just have a feeling that there's more behind the scenes than meets the eye. I'm sure that Erin is being compensated somehow that is making the decision to forego the million (divided over however many freaking years) easier.

I would venture to say that the money she's getting to do the show and/or the publicity she thinks she'll get for it, are more than her $18k/year or whatever....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I have the feeling we do not really know what is going on.

Maybe Erin got lucky and part of this TV show. Making Thousands for an episode. So she may not have given up anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I just have a feeling that there's more behind the scenes than meets the eye. I'm sure that Erin is being compensated somehow that is making the decision to forego the million (divided over however many freaking years) easier.
    I tend to agree. After reading Trista's Bachelorette contract today on www.thesmokinggun.com, I was surprised to find out that Trista AND the last four "standing" were compensated with an "undisclosed" sum. That was in addition to the disclosed sum of $15,000 that Trista received for her appearance. And not including the $1M that her and Ryan are getting for their wedding.

Trista parlayed her 15 mins into a cool mil and she never even had to meet Rob.

It's pretty standard that reality contestants are compensated either on a per diem or on a sliding scale regarding how far they got in the competition. It only stands to reason that Paige would be paid more for being on the show than someone eliminated in the first round (lucky though those people were).

But Erin, I'm not so sure. I think she gave up her million in return for the chance at doubling it. Never good odds. But she probably did keep her per diem, which was probably similar to the $15k Trista got.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    But she probably did keep her per diem, which was probably similar to the $15k Trista got.
    Just to get the facts straight, the per diem on part 2 was $50 per day. Travel expenses, housing, $50 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by sean messenger
    Just to get the facts straight, the per diem on part 2 was $50 per day. Travel expenses, housing, $50 per day.
    What about clothing? I am sure she needs a big wardrobe for two shows.

$50/DAY??? Holy crap. I make that before my first cup of coffee... No WAY I'd salvage my dignity for that measly crapola.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    What about clothing? I am sure she needs a big wardrobe for two shows.
    For our show, we had to provide our own clothing. I blew way too much cash on Newbury Street in preparation... but they did provide our tuxes. Of course 2 of them had sleeves 4 inches too short, and two of the guys spend the elimination ceremonies with sleeves rubber-banded (is that a word?) to their arms. Classy!

+ Reply to Thread