+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paige's Dismissal

FORT Newbie

Paige's Dismissal

I was so surprised at the ending last night. I totally expected that he’d pick Paige. However, that posed a question:

Why did we not get to see Paige take the now-all-too-familiar Walk of Shame?? We were so looking forward to it. I figured that, since she had a few too many DWIs, she could leave using a handcar—you know—one of those little pump-action carts that ride on railroad tracks in cartoons.

:::Pump::: I really, really :::Pump::: …Loved Rod… Roy… Ron… :::Pump::: … or whatever the f*** his name was… :::Pump:::

I needed that! I seriously thought the big surprise at the end would be asking Rob and Paige if they still wanted to get together… sans prize money. We could have seen if Paige would still be oh-so-in-love with him once
    1. He picked Erin, and
    2. There was no money involved.

And did you notice that, once she was dismissed, he suddenly became “that jerk”? Wow. Paige feckless?? Not on your life. Feck-deprived, perhaps, but…

Erin, I felt, showed some class through it all. But again, I was shocked that she agreed to a second one.

[Erin, I felt, showed some class through it all. But again, I was shocked that she agreed to a second one. ]

I think nothing surprising in Erin go for the second round. She is 30 years old, single, has a famous dad and (I am sure) money in a bank. For her, a great guy who she can marry is more valuable than 1 mil minus tax over 40 years period. Think about it! Rob is a good looking....idiot, how is he expecting anybody to choose him over money if he cannot even explain himself, his feeling, say something that would touch woman's heart, or even vary his words from girl to girl?!

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    I think nothing surprising in Erin go for the second round. She is 30 years old, single, has a famous dad and (I am sure) money in a bank. For her, a great guy who she can marry is more valuable than 1 mil minus tax over 40 years period.
    That is WHY it is surprising for her to go do round 2. She knows it's really rare to fall in love with someone on a show like this, cos she just watched 14 girls fail (and the one who did, as has been pointed out, probably doesn't have the understanding of love, as opposed to violent crush, just yet). So she has bank, fame, looks... why not just enjoy her life and take her time meeting guys who are aware of her money and fame, and who have no ulterior motives? With every guy she meets in part 2, she will have the uncertainty of whether he's in it for her, or for the loot.

Unless, of course, she's just in it for more loot, and is very confident in her game.

Either way, picture the end where she has to explain how she played the guy all along to get $2 million. Note: they did NOT say if he picks her they split the cash, like Rob's deal was, but rather she gets all of it and the guy gets zero. If I were the guy and she pulled that sh*t on me, well, I think it might be an issue in our storybook story.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Newbie
    She is 30 years old, single, has a famous dad and (I am sure) money in a bank.
    Yikes-- I must have missed something! Who is her famous dad?

FORT Newbie
    Who is John Brodie? How is he famous?

Also, as far as I understood it, Rob and the winner, had she chosen him, did NOT have to split it. It was Rob's money alone. Jordan mentioned it would come in handy to begin their life together, but it was clearly for Rob.

Her father was a football player for the 49ers.

It was my understanding also that Rob did not have to split the money.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    That is WHY it is surprising for her to go do round 2.
    I already said in another thread that the chances for meeting 15 good looking and established people with checked background and no current relationships at once are slim to none. There is a better chance to find somebody good here than on a street or in a bar. At age of 30 we pretty much know all the people there is to know in our surroundings.

I already said in another thread that the chances for meeting 15 good looking and established people with checked background and no current relationships at once are slim to none. There is a better chance to find somebody good here than on a street or in a bar. At age of 30 we pretty much know all the people there is to know in our surroundings.
    I have to disagree with this post, MissP. Of all the Reality "find love" shows, how many have ended with an actual wedding? How many of the final couples are still together? I admit, I wouldnt know for certain any stats, but it seems to me that most end up NOT together.(Maybe one good outcome from 4 bachelor/ette shows?) And how many of these contestants are called out by Smokinggun.com? Just because NBC does a quick backround check on the 15 guys, does not mean that they are "established", over any "current" relationships, or any more or less likely to be an abusive alcoholic ass. Just because you dont have a rap sheet doesnt mean you are a saint.

And I am 31--I still meet new people all the time. I only just met the love of my life...and it wasnt in a bar, or out on the street, or as part of a "reality" dating show. I think it is up to the individual to make the effort to get out and meet new people. Hey, I agree, it IS tough to meet new people as you get older, but it is far from impossible
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    I have to disagree with this post, MissP. Of all the Reality "find love" shows, how many have ended with an actual wedding? How many of the final couples are still together? I admit, I wouldnt know for certain any stats, but it seems to me that most end up NOT together.(Maybe one good outcome from 4 bachelor/ette shows?) And how many of these contestants are called out by Smokinggun.com? Just because NBC does a quick backround check on the 15 guys, does not mean that they are "established", over any "current" relationships, or any more or less likely to be an abusive alcoholic ass. Just because you dont have a rap sheet doesnt mean you are a saint.

And I am 31--I still meet new people all the time. I only just met the love of my life...and it wasnt in a bar, or out on the street, or as part of a "reality" dating show. I think it is up to the individual to make the effort to get out and meet new people. Hey, I agree, it IS tough to meet new people as you get older, but it is far from impossible
    So what is your chance to meet 15 guys that are somewhat decent at once in any reality situation?

So what is your chance to meet 15 guys that are somewhat decent at once in any reality situation?
    Well, I wouldn't want to meet 15 guys, as I am a guy. But I think the key word in your reply is "reality". You are talking about a TV SHOW, not reality. Plus, if Erin's family is as well connected and affluent as some of their clan has made them seem, she shouldnt have any trouble meeting decent, hard working, good looking, law abiding men--without having to subject herself to the opinions and snarky comments of the public.

And I wouldnt want to meet 15 girls all at the same time. I wouldnt have enough time to get to know each one. Looks are only skin deep, remember? This is why I dont like these types of shows(unfortunately, I stumbled upon FLOM on an airplane flight, where it was the only remotely interesting thing on), because after meeting 15 women, the guy has to cut 5 of them right away! For all we know, Rob cut the girl of his dreams with the first cut!! He DID NOT even get a chance to remember all of their names!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast