+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paige's Dismissal

Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    Well, I wouldn't want to meet 15 guys, as I am a guy. But I think the key word in your reply is "reality". You are talking about a TV SHOW, not reality. Plus, if Erin's family is as well connected and affluent as some of their clan has made them seem, she shouldnt have any trouble meeting decent, hard working, good looking, law abiding men--without having to subject herself to the opinions and snarky comments of the public.

And I wouldnt want to meet 15 girls all at the same time. I wouldnt have enough time to get to know each one. Looks are only skin deep, remember? This is why I dont like these types of shows(unfortunately, I stumbled upon FLOM on an airplane flight, where it was the only remotely interesting thing on), because after meeting 15 women, the guy has to cut 5 of them right away! For all we know, Rob cut the girl of his dreams with the first cut!! He DID NOT even get a chance to remember all of their names!
    In part I agree. However, when in college we were preparing for future interviews the lector told that it takes about 3 min to determine if the person is of "your type". I would personally prefer to meet 15 people at once than drag it for years.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPoison
    So what is your chance to meet 15 guys that are somewhat decent at once in any reality situation?
    My feeling about these shows has always been that people come on more for publicity, i.e., they're wanna be "models", actors/actresses, singers, etc. You'd be surprised at how many big stars have 'way back in their pasts actually gone on shows like the old Dating Game, simply to be seen.

I never really have bought the bit about "I'm here to find true love" that all the shows seem to be espousing.

I'm sure a lot of them also go on just for kicks-- a month away, nice hotel, dinners out, beautiful setting... and the possibility of money/talk show appearances, etc. if they win. Not to shabby for some people-- a paid vacation, possibly a lot nicer than they could afford.

Others, I figure, think at least it will get them a certain amount of "gasp factor" if, when they're introduced to someone new "with potential", they can say, "Have you ever seen Joe Millionaire?" (or For Love or Money, etc. It could make for a very interesting conversation starter.

But love? I never figured that was the motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by JustZoe
    But love? I never figured that was the motivation.
    Love is a bonus. It does not happen every year.

In part I agree. However, when in college we were preparing for future interviews the lector told that it takes about 3 min to determine if the person is of "your type". I would personally prefer to meet 15 people at once than drag it for years.
    I have heard the same thing...however, add a prize, cameras, and an entire production crew and schedule, and I wouldnt be able to remember my own name in 3 minutes!!

You should check out speed dating. I have never done it, but as far as I understand, they get groups of men and women together (say, 30 of each), and you meet and talk with each person of the opposite sex for 5 minutes. At the end of the night, you write down 3-5 people who interested you...if they wrote you down as well, you exchange info. Voila!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    I have heard the same thing...however, add a prize, cameras, and an entire production crew and schedule, and I wouldnt be able to remember my own name in 3 minutes!!

You should check out speed dating. I have never done it, but as far as I understand, they get groups of men and women together (say, 30 of each), and you meet and talk with each person of the opposite sex for 5 minutes. At the end of the night, you write down 3-5 people who interested you...if they wrote you down as well, you exchange info. Voila!!
    Since I've been married for 11 years (got married when I was 22) I probably don't even remember what dating is about. Watching TV shows helps to stay in touch with the most modern dating technics. But thanks for the tip anyway.

JR.
    Oh god Miss P, don't look at anything you see on these shows as a modern dating technic This is more like train-wreck TV.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Oh god Miss P, don't look at anything you see on these shows as a modern dating technic This is more like train-wreck TV.
    Well, french kissing on the first few dates is still a problem for some people. At least, I know I wasn't off base on this one 11 years ago.

FORT Newbie

coaching needed?

Maybe he needs to get some coaching from Mr. Number 17 (green) to learn some smooth things to say! lol

[Erin, I felt, showed some class through it all. But again, I was shocked that she agreed to a second one. ]

I think nothing surprising in Erin go for the second round. She is 30 years old, single, has a famous dad and (I am sure) money in a bank. For her, a great guy who she can marry is more valuable than 1 mil minus tax over 40 years period. Think about it! Rob is a good looking....idiot, how is he expecting anybody to choose him over money if he cannot even explain himself, his feeling, say something that would touch woman's heart, or even vary his words from girl to girl?!
    I totally agree!!!

FORT Fogey
    My question is this: If Erin comes from such a distinguished or at least respectable family, then why did she say all those things to Rob about being practical and thinking of her family as if they were in dire need of the money? What kind of BS what that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast