+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: makes no sense

makes no sense

Imagine a show where Rob was offered $1M if he got one of the women to choose him, but had to give the show $1M (from his bank account) if the woman didn't choose him. Would he (in his right mind) agree to go on the show?

This is exactly the scenario that Erin has apparently agreed to.

And, if she wins, she presumably splits the $2M with whomever she picks, and stands a good chance (if the relationship doesn't last) of winding up with $1M.

Sorry, her decision makes no sense. The show must be rigged or distorting the information.

Hug me!
    why not ? Erin is looking for Love not Money and I think Erin is keeping the 2 million dollars if she got her man to pick her over money.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    why not ? Erin is looking for Love not Money and I think Erin is keeping the 2 million dollars if she got her man to pick her over money.
    They never said anything about love last night though. Jordan kept talking to her about the money and noone said that she was there for love. I don't understand why she would give up the one million either, espceially since she had been through it herself and chose the money. She must know something else about the money. She wouldn't do all of this for nothing.

And why did she talk about her family needing the money when she chose that instead of Rob, but then give it up?

Hug me!
    Well.. let just say.. Any girl will pick Rob over money are just plain fool. That's an easiest choice. I really think that she is there to look for love otherwise she will just take the 1 million dollar and run.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Well.. let just say.. Any girl will pick Rob over money are just plain fool. That's an easiest choice. I really think that she is there to look for love otherwise she will just take the 1 million dollar and run.
    And, anyone who would risk $1M to try to find love on (or off) a reality show is a fool. This can't possibly be the whole story.

Erin looked uncomfortable with whatever NBC was putting her up to. There must have been something in the contract that put strings on the original $1M.

If I had to tell a man to his face that I was going to choose money over his love, you can bet I'd think of something to say that would salvage his pride and make me look a little bit less "gold-diggery." I'm sure it was difficult for Erin to have to explain that she'd rather have money than to continue a relationship with Rob, and no one wants to appear as if they don't have a heart (especially on national TV). I think she tried very hard to let him down easy and explain the thought processes behind her decision.

She would have looked hard and cruel if she had led Rob on to think she was in love with him, but she didn't do that. She kept her distance and was really quite aloof with him, which apparently intrigued him that much more.

Perhaps if Rob had a little more time to work his "magic" on her, she would have eventually chosen him over the money. But I really don't think the series could have run another 10 years.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    There must have been something in the contract that put strings on the original $1M.
    Or soemthing else they give her other than the chance for $2 million. She looked different coming back, like she knew something.

There is no way that Erin IS NOT going to get paid for this second series. I'm thinking NBC paid her the mil to participate and as an added incentive will giver her $2 mil if she finds "love." Or she found out about the annuity and maybe they said she would get a full mil if she did the second one. I read an article recently about the Bachelorette contestants and the final four had received monetary compensation for their stint on the show. No way Erin is walking away peniless.

FORT Newbie

John Brodies daughter takes million to help broke family??

Erin said that the million dollars would help her family out & that is why she pickedthe money over Rob. If she is the daughter of John Brodie, do you really think her family needs money?????

I think she was goaded into doing this "double or nothing" nonsense. The disclaimer shown during the show credits indicated that the producers have say in the decisions being made...

Anyone with half a brain must know they're not gonna find "LUV" in very controlled environs over a few weeks. Erin seems to get this seeing that she never "fell" for Rob and only played the game to get the $1M.
    Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. (Goethe)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast