+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: makes no sense

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Erin gave an interview today stating that she decided to do FLOM2 just 3 days prior to filming, that she had to quit her job to do it, and that she has no additional contract with NBC. So, according to her, it was a gamble on a whim that cost her not only the annuity, but her job. Does this make any sense?

"Brodie, daughter of Oakland native and former 49er quarterback John Brodie, also knew that going on the show would mean losing her job with Advent Software in San Francisco.

"They weren't that excited about me leaving the first time, but they just couldn't keep me on if I was out for another taping. So I left in an amicable separation," Brodie says. "I don't have a contract with NBC to do anything beyond this show, but once you sign with the network, they kind of own you for a while."
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

FORT Fogey

Oh Erin, you are boring me already with your banality.

"They weren't that excited about me leaving the first time, but they just couldn't keep me on if I was out for another taping. So I left in an amicable separation," Brodie says. "I don't have a contract with NBC to do anything beyond this show, but once you sign with the network, they kind of own you for a while."
    They OWN you? This woman is such a hypocrite and accepts no responsibility for choosing to go on the second lame leg of this show. Why doesn't she own up to the fact that this was her decision and hopeful gateway to fame and fortune or obscurity.

Maybe she has a gambling compulsion?

I suppose if someone is being very persuasive and telling you it's the chance of a lifetime and you'd regret your decision forever if you didn't do it, etc., etc., and if you already thought it was a lot of fun from the first time around, and if you hated your job anyway, and if you had a lot of friends and family encouraging you to do it, then, heck, maybe you'd go ahead and do it.

I have no doubt that if NBC had a schedule to meet, 15 men standing in the wings, a film and production crew standing by, and no bachelorette signed up yet, they would have been pouring on the plea pretty thick. I'm sure they sugar-coated their offer with a nice monetary reward, too. Erin may have received more compensation from the filming of FLOM-2 than she would have made working for Advent for many, many months.

Do you suppose NBC also asked other women to do the show besides Erin? Of course, they must have! Maybe some of the women from FLOM-1, as well as never-been-seen-before bachelorettes were approached. They absolutely must have had a safety net in case Erin said no, and quite likely had someone else already in the wings just in case. Erin must have held out awhile before she capitulated, and NBC was probably sweetening the pot every extra day she held out.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Still makes no sense... no matter how cocky you are, no one quits their job when their family needs money for medical bills to risk a sure $25K a year for the chance to get $50K a year. Either there is more to the story, or Erin is stupid, selfish, and foolish.
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Either there is more to the story, or Erin is stupid, selfish, and foolish.
    Or both....

I am sure she is not dumb. I think there is so much more going on than we know about.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123