+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by redney
    I think she was goaded into doing this "double or nothing" nonsense. The disclaimer shown during the show credits indicated that the producers have say in the decisions being made...

Anyone with half a brain must know they're not gonna find "LUV" in very controlled environs over a few weeks. Erin seems to get this seeing that she never "fell" for Rob and only played the game to get the $1M.
    How do you think they goaded her? Seems like fraud if she's told she wins $1M but then doesn't (Publisher's Clearinghouse has been sued successfully for a less obvious breach of contract). I agree, she knows from personal experience how unlikely it is that she or any of the men will find true love from the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BEACH77
    Erin said that the million dollars would help her family out & that is why she picked the money over Rob. If she is the daughter of John Brodie, do you really think her family needs money?????
    Not only that, but if you watched the show, Paige told Erin that HER family needed money first! I think Erin used the ole "my family needs the money" comment to JUSTIFY her decision to Rob. Because if that were true, she would have just taken the money and ran.

"Something just doesnt smell right"

Last edited by Sepialove; 07-08-2003 at 03:05 PM.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I agree that it makes no sense for her to give up the million that she already won (annuity or not)

The show would have taken her without her doing that.

I think in her confused mind she must have thought that this would make her not a gold digger. She is choosing to search for love rather than have the million dollars that she already won. I don't think her motivation was in doubling it.

Everyone keeps saying how could she give up 1 million dollars. It is not actually 1 million dollars. If you did the 40 year thing it comes out to like 25,000 a year. Not a lot to give up when you have a chance to double it.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Yarrrrrrhhh!!!
    I don't care too much anymore.
    This show is messed up.
    NBC is jerking everyone around too much.
    I've never seen a show dragged out as much
    as the final episode of flom.
    Just Paint!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by taracran
    Everyone keeps saying how could she give up 1 million dollars. It is not actually 1 million dollars. If you did the 40 year thing it comes out to like 25,000 a year. Not a lot to give up when you have a chance to double it.
    Actually- after taxes it would only be about $14,000 per year- Go for it Erin!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    And, anyone who would risk $1M to try to find love on (or off) a reality show is a fool. This can't possibly be the whole story.

Erin looked uncomfortable with whatever NBC was putting her up to. There must have been something in the contract that put strings on the original $1M.

She forgot to read the small print in her contract. It stated you give us 1million back and you have to do the flom 2 to have any cash, this time it's 2million. How many more contract small print show before she recieves the first installment of money.

Retirement will be sweet, thats about when the first installment is paid out. Erin be sure to get out those reading glasses before you sign the dotted line on that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PREMIER
    Actually- after taxes it would only be about $14,000 per year- Go for it Erin!
    I agree, butdid she know it would be paid over 40 years.
    I imagine that when she had that cheque in her hand she figured she was going to get a lump sum.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Someone mentioned, however true or untrue it was, that Erin supposedly took 3 weeks to make her decision of foregoing the money in favor of doing the second show. I would like to believe it, even if it's not true. Because if it's not, my last shred of hope for humanity just went down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Someone mentioned, however true or untrue it was, that Erin supposedly took 3 weeks to make her decision of foregoing the money in favor of doing the second show. I would like to believe it, even if it's not true. Because if it's not, my last shred of hope for humanity just went down in flames.

John, I don't see how it makes more sense if she thought about it for 3 weeks. More the opposite.

And, actually I liked Erin. Giving up the money that she already won seems really dumb. Plus, she's very attractive and otherwise came across as fairly intelligent and articulate. I can't believe that she wouldn't have more luck finding love on her own than on a reality show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast