+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

FORT Newbie

Regrets?

So do you guys think Rob regrests his decision?

I think Rob's an idiot (unless it was prearrranged). He could have chosen Paige - she was a sure thing and he knew it - gotten the money and if he felt that strongly for Erin (which I doubt because of the things he said to Paige) he could have pursued her later if things didn't work out with Paige.

I am a simple caveman... brockdrywall's Avatar
    Does anyone suspect this decision may have been, um, 'consulted' by the producers?
    For the fully aware, optimism is a revolutionary act.
    For everyone else, there's bitching and moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall
    Does anyone suspect this decision may have been, um, 'consulted' by the producers?
    Rob's yes, Erin's no. I think Erin is the only one that has half a clue.

Undoubtedly! Even if they didn't have FLOM2 in their kooky little heads before the end of this show, I think they knew that it would be easy to build the final show up like he was going to pick Paige and then, whammo, have him pick Erin - that's how you make good tv right? (wink, wink)

However, I think during a late night meeting (I'm blaming this on sleep deprevation) they decided on how to do FLOM2 and knew that Erin would make the more appealing bachelorette. I mean, in many ways, Paige is sort of a female Rob - and I'm sure they don't want to go there again.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I think Rob knew that Erin would not pick him. Rob really wanted to see Paige again, so he chose Erin so he could contact Paige in Dallas after the show and see her without any restrictions.

The question is ... how much information was he able to ascertain before he made his decision? Did he know that the woman would be forbidden from contacting him if she chose the money? And did any of them know how the money was going to be distributed? A lump sum of a million dollars could color anyone's belief system, but $18 K a year x 40 years (divided by 2) wouldn't hold much of a sway factor for someone making 5-10 times that much money. Rob knows he can pull off far more money doing one KFC commercial, and he doesn't have to make any more break-up speeches afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by brockdrywall

Yes, I think that the producers had huge input into Rob's decision and also spent considerable time working with Erin to be sure to get the response they wanted.

On the show I worked on a contestant who seriously liked and wanted to choose a less attractive guy was "consulted with by the producers" until she caved. She was told that the her choice was not realistic! We had all been working over 18 hours at this point. It was sad because she really was nice and so was her real choice. Crew went and spoke to him on the side and told him what was going on but who knows if they were ever able to actually get together after she publicly rejected him.

She had already compromised herself so much in the show that she caved at this point isn't too much of a surprise. Wow, someone could develop quite a nice practice counseling former reality show contestants. A whole new field of recovery has just opened hasn't it?

So yeah, I think there was some brow beating, arm twisting, get those ratings, set the next show up, "oh oh I meant consulting didn't I ? " going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    I think Rob knew that Erin would not pick him. Rob really wanted to see Paige again, so he chose Erin so he could contact Paige in Dallas after the show and see her without any restrictions.
    not to cause problems, but i wholeheartedly disagree with this. i think that's giving rob far too much credit.

FORT Newbie
    I wonder what kind of idiots are buying Rob's T-shirts else than these here that are paternalizing the contestants but they themselves are even worse since the contestants on the show can at least fit in the tight jeans.
    If you live by the TV watching them you are no better than they are.
    That excludes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    On the show I worked on a contestant who seriously liked and wanted to choose a less attractive guy was "consulted with by the producers" until she caved. She was told that the her choice was not realistic! We had all been working over 18 hours at this point. It was sad because she really was nice and so was her real choice. Crew went and spoke to him on the side and told him what was going on but who knows if they were ever able to actually get together after she publicly rejected him.
    Really? That's awful to do to the people on the show.

And probably not at all unusual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast